+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

FORT Newbie

Re: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

Kendra reveals too much information. The information about her hormones was too much. I can only imagine how poor Louis feels. I want Louis to win with someone who deserves him.

I don't dislike Kendra and for me, she's never looked more beautiful than she did at the end of the dance when she had her hand up by her face. Her make-up, hair...everything just worked. However.....

I'm so glad that Louie let her know that he was disappointed in her comments. Also, announcing to the world that you got your period? Yikes. I'm no prude but that was just too much information. Now I'll be the first to admit...in my everyday life I'm crass, I curse and I have a raunchy sense of humor. But when I'm in social situations that call for ladylike behavior, you'd never know that. It really doesn't take much effort on my part, either. Kendra needs to learn how to do that. And I don't really consider it as being untrue to my real self. For me it's simply having respect for others. Not everyone likes a dirty joke or dirty mouth. I respect that. And that's what I don't like about her...the lack of respect.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't dislike Kendra and for me, she's never looked more beautiful than she did at the end of the dance when she had her hand up by her face. Her make-up, hair...everything just worked. However.....

I'm so glad that Louie let her know that he was disappointed in her comments. Also, announcing to the world that you got your period? Yikes. I'm no prude but that was just too much information. Now I'll be the first to admit...in my everyday life I'm crass, I curse and I have a raunchy sense of humor. But when I'm in social situations that call for ladylike behavior, you'd never know that. It really doesn't take much effort on my part, either. Kendra needs to learn how to do that. And I don't really consider it as being untrue to my real self. For me it's simply having respect for others. Not everyone likes a dirty joke or dirty mouth. I respect that. And that's what I don't like about her...the lack of respect.

I appreciate you sharing this, this is my main bone of contention with Kendra and her behavior.

I always watch this show through TiVo for good reason. There is so much filler that I can start the show 1 hr in and finish on time. My solution to Kendra is to FF through any of her talking until she is voted off - which I hope is soon. Her drivel drives me up the wall. I do evaluate her dances on merit. My opinion is that her dance this week merited the low scores given by the judges.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I actually enjoyed her dance this week. It wasn't her best, and I almost think latin might be a better fit for her. I'm surprised if the spins bothered her so much Louis put that big one in at the end, but it was a fantastic finish. However, what I saw of Kendra in that dance is what I think her problem is: the potential is there, and she'd probably surprise everyone, but she's so stiff. Her face was clenched and she looked scared. Louis might be frustrated for this reason alone. In rehearsals she probably moves better than onstage. He knows she's got it, but she looked wooden in many of the movements. She needs to relax. I don't think she deserved the lowest score, though, or to be the only one with the lowest score. Louis put more content into that dance and she did dance, whereas SR/Anna (god love them), it didn't seem like there was much to their dance.

Regarding the part that I bolded: I'm personally not like that, but know plenty of people in my family and friends that are. And for the most part, they know there's a time and a place for it and who will be more offended by it. Sometimes I have enough and they can tell. But you're right, Kendra may be looking for laughs, but instead is getting cringes. Although it's kind of funny wondering how Brooke will handle it I think Kendra's best dance so far was her quickstep. She looked like she was having fun out there, and while she still looked stiff, it didn't look as wooden as her movements in her VW. She was smiling, she looked happy, she really got into the dance. That's what Louis needs to make her do. They have the foxtrot this week, so we'll see what they come up with. I don't think Louis will let her give up so easy.

Oh Karalott, I think she has potential. She just needs to let go, listen to Louie and save the raunch for the rehearsal clips. Behave during the actual show..
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I am exactly like this too. I work in a professional environment and know my clients wouldn't appreciate if the f-word was flying out of my mouth. I also have young kids at home, so I filter when they are around. But my friends will be the first to tell you that I can make a sailor blush! That being said, I wasn't always like this - and it bit me in the butt a few times when I was younger. I don't know how old any of you are who have commented similarly - I am almost 40. When I was Kendra's age, I just didn't have the experience or wisdom yet to get that a filter is a good thing and it doesn't mean I am being fake or untrue to myself. Anyone who knows about Kendra's backstory knows what she has been through and how she was brought up. Now, I generally like Kendra but haven't been thrilled by some of things she has said or done on this show. However, FWIW, I throw it out there that I really wonder how much of this can be chalked up to her age. Isn't she in her 20's? Yes, she is a wife and a mother, but she is a young wife and mother. In my 20's, I was still in that place where I was learning who I was and my self-confidence stunk. I also had a really hard time "filtering" because I was still learning about myself and thought if someone couldn't accept me as is, then that was tough. Now, I know who I am and I could care a less what someone else thinks about me - but it took me years to get there. And I know to use a filter sometimes because it is the appropriate thing to do, and doesn't change who I am. I don't know, I just wonder how much of this is her age and her background and if we see her in 10 years, she will be just fine.

FORT Regular

One of the things that has surprised me about this show is that women who are used to telling all and showing all are very uncomfortable with expressing themselves in dancing. Look at Kendra, Holly Madison, and Kim Kardashian. These women have exposed every part of their bodies but can't seem to loosen up when they dance. Either that or they have no talent at all, but I always thought the ability was there, just not the comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlFalFan View Post
    Kendra reveals too much information. The information about her hormones was too much. I can only imagine how poor Louis feels. I want Louis to win with someone who deserves him.

It was way too much.I think she has a very hard face, I dont think she is beautiful at all. Very ordinary looking, and her dancing is very hard. She wont win, so no need to say anymore LOL

I knew nothing about Kendra before this show and had no opinion of her before. Now, I just want to see her voted out and go home. In addition to her attitude, her dance is not good. Her upper body is awkward and wooden; she has no fluidity of movement. I like to see Louis do well, but not with this partner.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread