+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

Hines Ward

"The Super Bowl Steeler"

Pro: Kym Johnson

He's a four-time Pro Bowler, three-time Super Bowl participant, two-time Super Bowl champ, and the Super Bowl XL MVP. Now Hines Ward is adding "ballroom dancer" to his already-impressive resume.

Hines holds virtually every record in Pittsburgh Steelers' wide receiving history and will go down as the team's all-time leading wide receiver. He was named to the Steelers' 75th Season All-Time Team and will be entering his 14th season with Pittsburgh this upcoming fall. That makes him the longest tenured wide receiver with the same NFL team.

Hines is arguably one of the best blocking wide receivers to ever play the game and is fresh off an outstanding performance in a close loss to the Green Bay Packers in the 2011 Super Bowl. He's a fierce competitor with a big heart and a big smile, which we can't always see behind that darn facemask!

Beyond football, Hines is a symbol of success and goodwill to the Korean community and all of Asia. He started his "Helping Hands" foundation in which he devotes his time in the U.S. and Korea to the fight against bi-racial discrimination.

The program in the U.S. focuses on improving literacy among children and provides programs and services to better equip them for achieving success in life. The program in Korea focuses on raising awareness for the problem of biracial discrimination and providing inspiration to the mixed race children in that country. Hines is considered an ambassador of hope to children everywhere.

Remember how we said we couldn't always see his smile behind his facemask? Well, that won't be the case when he takes center stage on Dancing With The Stars. We're just hoping he can make the judges smile, too!

Cast Bios - ABC.com

Meet the Cast video - ABC.com

FORT Fogey

Re: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

I love Hines and I love Kym! Rooting for this duo!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't know anything about Hines, but I love Kym, so I hope they do well. Maybe Steelers fans can correct me if I'm wrong, but with a resume like that and being from a team that has die hard supporters like the Steelers, I'm guessing he'll have a pretty decent fanbase. No NFL player has ever gone out before the halfway point. And with a couple of exceptions, they've all been pretty decent dancers. I'd like to see him make it to Dance Center week, just to see if Jerry brings his super bowl rings with him again

He's pretty nice to look at, too.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-15-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I have never watched more than a few minutes of DWTS, so I am pretty much clueless on how it works . . . although I'm sure it follows the same pattern of other fan-based reality shows.

Have plans to DVR the episodes just so I can watch Hines dance. Not really interested in the others.

Hines Ward is not only a phenomenal football player, but he excels at being a stand-up guy and all-around decent human being. I'd cast my vote for President if he ran.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'm not familiar with Hines, but he's a total cutie and I adore Kym, so I'll be rooting for them. Love the idea of his foundation, too.

I am familiar with Hines & he is an all around great guy. Does good for the community as well as a kick ass football player. Let's let him get thru DWTS and then I'll vote for him for president. LOL Really, a wonderful human being & has the most charming smile.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

I just watched his rehersal tape & all I can say is, Team Ward can move his hips. HOT HOT HOT
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Several of my coworkers are big Steelers fan and one in particular is about to become a first-time viewer of DWTS thanks to casting Hines Ward. Great casting!

Big Cowboys fan here, but I always support contestants that go on this show who are in the NFL. Just watched his tape and he has potential. I would say he has a lot to learn though.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Hines will have a tremendous fanbase. There are "Steeler" Bars all across the country for people to go watch their team play every Sunday. He will have a great deal of support!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast