+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

Who is John Galt?

Re: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

IMO, he was the best of the night. Cute guy with an adorable smile and sweet personality. My pick to win (at least I hope so).

According to my husband, Hines also played for the University of Georgia. They have some pretty rabid fans and I could see him getting votes from there. If my non-DWTS watching husband is excited to see him dance, that says something. I think Hines and Romeo were both slightly underscored. I'm really looking forward to seeing them next week.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I love this guy's smile, charm, and charisma. His body reminds of Apolo. However, he is not as limber. Apolo naturally moved more freely. That is what I hope to see coming up with Hines. I think the potential is there and just needs to be untapped. To win, he will have to be able to move his hips. If he does, his feet will follow!
    The one thing that struck me about Hines's dancing was that he didn't dance like the typical athlete or footballer has in the past. In the case of Warren and Kurt, at first they seemed to be dancing on their tip toes, almost like they were dancing on egg shells. It's not that they weren't good or the potential wasn't there, just something that seemed similar to the two of them (not to mention I saw the same type of movement in figure skater Evan and with Disney star Kyle last season). Hines, on the other hand, seemed to be a little less polished version of Emmitt Smith. Not as bad or in need of work of the other NFL alumni who've done this show, but he's there. A little fine tuning here and there is probably all he needs. I also have to agree with everything said about this guy's spirit and personality. Add that to Kym and they're going to be a force. She's always been one of my top favorites, and I love it when she has a partner that is not only fun to be around, but who can also dance.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

From Hines' Facebook page . . . . a chance to meet the man himself! Tickets (minimum purchase of 5) are just $2 each. Proceeds go to his HELPING HANDS FOUNDATION.

Hines Ward's Dancing with the Stars Raffle
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Newbie

Hines did good cha cha cha . Kym and him make a good pair. He has such a beautiful smile can't wait to see there quickstep.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    The one thing that struck me about Hines's dancing was that he didn't dance like the typical athlete or footballer has in the past. In the case of Warren and Kurt, at first they seemed to be dancing on their tip toes, almost like they were dancing on egg shells. It's not that they weren't good or the potential wasn't there, just something that seemed similar to the two of them (not to mention I saw the same type of movement in figure skater Evan and with Disney star Kyle last season). Hines, on the other hand, seemed to be a little less polished version of Emmitt Smith. Not as bad or in need of work of the other NFL alumni who've done this show, but he's there. A little fine tuning here and there is probably all he needs. I also have to agree with everything said about this guy's spirit and personality. Add that to Kym and they're going to be a force. She's always been one of my top favorites, and I love it when she has a partner that is not only fun to be around, but who can also dance.

Emmitt was my favorite athlete to be on DWTS. He might even be my favorite contestant who won this show as well. So if Hines is able to achieve the same amount of success Emmitt had that would be great!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

So . . . this is my first season watching DWTS, so I have to ask:

Do y'all refer to the last dancer as having the "pimp spot" like they do for the last singer on Idol? Just wondering since Hines had it last night after doing pretty well last week.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Yes, the last spot is referred to as the "pimp spot"....evidently they really want viewers to remember Hines even if he was good last week. Maybe b/c the votes weren't that great last week or maybe b/c he is the judges favorite or producer favorite...who knows...but for some reason they want us to remember him....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Yes, the last spot is referred to as the "pimp spot"....evidently they really want viewers to remember Hines even if he was good last week. Maybe b/c the votes weren't that great last week or maybe b/c he is the judges favorite or producer favorite...who knows...but for some reason they want us to remember him....
    Or maybe they feel he brought in viewers and they saved him for last so that people would have to wait to see him. I believe Kate Gosselin danced towards the end much of the time she was on.

True....my brain went dead while I was trying to come up with possible scenerios....it does that after working almost all day and knowing I get out of here in an hour!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread