+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Re: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

Pleasantly surprised by Hines last night, I really enjoyed his dance!

Didn't know who Hines was before I watched the show, but took a liking to him. That smile goes well with Kym's positive attitude. Thought he did a great job.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I have quite a few Steelers fans in my family, and from other Steelers fans I've come across, they aren't your average football fan. So that alone will help Hines out Not to mention he's bound to pick up more of a fanbase along the way. The only football player I didn't like was LT, despite having some funny one liners. I love Kym, so I'm excited she's got a good chance this year.
    That is so true! With the power of Steeler Nation behind him, I think Hines will be there for awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by gruder View Post
    Hines doesn't need the money! From what I understand, he has always liked the show and wanted to give it a go. He has the athletics behind him, but his personality is what will win him votes. He is a great guy and his smile alone is worth more than the trophy!

Forget what the scoreboard says, we gauge how well the game is really going by watching Hines. If he is still smiling, there's still hope.

This is my first season watching. Had to wait for someone I really wanted to see. Hines definitely qualifies. If he does well, maybe my dream of seeing Jerome Bettis up there dancing can still come true!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by gruder View Post
    You might see the "rookies" having a go at it, for the paycheck. I seriously doubt the veterans would do this show for the money. First off it isn't near enough. Ben Roethlisberger(QB for Steelers) makes $100,000.00 for each time he snaps the ball...no kidding. Hines has 14 yrs. and the most impressive record in history for the Steelers as a wide receiver....trust me he ain't dancing for money!!!
    Yeah but with the lockout, who knows when he will snap the ball next. They don't get paid at all during the lockout. Our local radio guy in the afternoon played in the league before and he says only a few guys save the money and are set through the lockout. Big Ben might be one of those guys. The ones usually named are Peyton, Tom B, and Drew B. They will be the ones holding out longest in court to get what players want. It isn't just rookies who won't be able to hold out the longer the labor issues drag out. Some well paid, high contract veterans can't afford it either.

Players union always encourages these guys to save their money, and lockouts usually find these guys finding creative ways to make money, with TV Shows, ads, record deals etc. Besides, the agents of these guys want them making endorsement money even when they are playing and DWTS draws a huge audience and some Hall of Famers have done this show, so there isn't a stigma attached to guys doing the show.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

FORT Fanatic

Even though I no longer live there, Pittsburgh will always be my home, and the Steelers will always be my team. With that said, Hines represents the quintessential Steeler, the Rooneys and Pittsburgh. He is a good and decent man with a lot of talent and a terrific smile. I couldn't be happier to see him on my tv screen on Monday nights. I know he has a lot of supporters and was thrilled to see Franco Harris in the audience with the Terrible Towel".

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I saw Franco applauding, and couldn't put a name with that familiar face for anything in the world! Thanks for the answer!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hines has the cutest smile. I think he will be in the F4. He has the votes and potential to become a great dancer.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

The one thing I will say about Hines is that he is pushing the envelope out of the gate. He wants to lead and he is ambitious. He could have had Kym pull him through, but he didn't. He had great hold and he did lead...that in it self will make him a contender. Often in the beginning the pro will "walk" them through it. They use their technique to hid the fact that their partner is still learning the ropes. I didn't see that with them. He wants equal footing...so to speak.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl View Post
    Even though I no longer live there, Pittsburgh will always be my home, and the Steelers will always be my team. With that said, Hines represents the quintessential Steeler, the Rooneys and Pittsburgh. He is a good and decent man with a lot of talent and a terrific smile. I couldn't be happier to see him on my tv screen on Monday nights. I know he has a lot of supporters and was thrilled to see Franco Harris in the audience with the Terrible Towel".

Yeah . . . what pavalygurl said!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Yeah . . . what pavalygurl said!!!
    Yinz will always have it in your blood!!! It truly is a tradition that many don't understand, but can never ignore!!!

+ Reply to Thread