+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

Re: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by gruder View Post
    Hines will have a tremendous fanbase. There are "Steeler" Bars all across the country for people to go watch their team play every Sunday. He will have a great deal of support!
    True even if he isn't the best dancer. The NFL contestants always have a lot of support.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I have quite a few Steelers fans in my family, and from other Steelers fans I've come across, they aren't your average football fan. So that alone will help Hines out Not to mention he's bound to pick up more of a fanbase along the way. The only football player I didn't like was LT, despite having some funny one liners. I love Kym, so I'm excited she's got a good chance this year.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I have quite a few Steelers fans in my family, and from other Steelers fans I've come across, they aren't your average football fan. So that alone will help Hines out Not to mention he's bound to pick up more of a fanbase along the way. The only football player I didn't like was LT, despite having some funny one liners. I love Kym, so I'm excited she's got a good chance this year.
    I have yet to figure out why some contestants do this show - really, why do they do this show, when you get right down to it? LT is one of those folks. As far as I can see, he didn't have anything to gain from it, and he didn't enjoy it. They must have had to talk him into doing it.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I have Hines in the semis at least, if not the final, for this reason. I live deep in the heart of Cowboy country and see a lot of steeler fans in the market. I also think he is athletic enough to do complicated steps and Kym did great with her last football player. He has great promise. It is hard to say how the football player fans from the past will go because Ocho plays for the rival Bengals. Warner seemed to have different fans than Emmitt and Ocho, more of the same fans as Evan and some of the other athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I have yet to figure out why some contestants do this show - really, why do they do this show, when you get right down to it? LT is one of those folks. As far as I can see, he didn't have anything to gain from it, and he didn't enjoy it. They must have had to talk him into doing it.
    I am surprised they didn't load up on more football players this year as NFL is in lockout/work stoppage so they need the $$ and the platform to get player's arguments some play. If the work stoppage doesn't end before the fall run, you may see several active football players to supplement their income when normally that is FB season and you only get the retirees.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-21-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Hines doesn't need the money! From what I understand, he has always liked the show and wanted to give it a go. He has the athletics behind him, but his personality is what will win him votes. He is a great guy and his smile alone is worth more than the trophy!

Quote Originally Posted by gruder View Post
    Hines doesn't need the money! From what I understand, he has always liked the show and wanted to give it a go. He has the athletics behind him, but his personality is what will win him votes. He is a great guy and his smile alone is worth more than the trophy!
    You wouldn't think that, but he will not earn any NFL paycheck. If he saved he is good, but most live paycheck to paycheck even at that salary. Players union was telling them all year to save because the work stoppage/lockout was coming. Maybe you have better intel than I do since I don't live in Pittsburgh. If lockout lasts into the fall, most of the players will be hurtin'. You might see active players during normal "season" time if the lockout lasts that long.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Good question. The basketball player from season 4 said he did it because his friends Emmitt and Jerry had such amazing experiences and encouraged him. But he was miserable, not to mention a horrible dancer. I think getting eliminated was a relief. Another one? Michael Bolton. Sometimes I wish the show would weed out the truly horrible dancers. I know they make the show as much as the bad singers make the Idol audition episodes. But watching people on the level of Cloris or the Woz isn't entertaining. I can understand why some people want to do it. But for the above mentioned, I'll never get it.

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules View Post
    You wouldn't think that, but he will not earn any NFL paycheck. If he saved he is good, but most live paycheck to paycheck even at that salary. Players union was telling them all year to save because the work stoppage/lockout was coming. Maybe you have better intel than I do since I don't live in Pittsburgh. If lockout lasts into the fall, most of the players will be hurtin'. You might see active players during normal "season" time if the lockout lasts that long.
    You might see the "rookies" having a go at it, for the paycheck. I seriously doubt the veterans would do this show for the money. First off it isn't near enough. Ben Roethlisberger(QB for Steelers) makes $100,000.00 for each time he snaps the ball...no kidding. Hines has 14 yrs. and the most impressive record in history for the Steelers as a wide receiver....trust me he ain't dancing for money!!!

Footballers rarely disappoint and Hines was no exception. Like so many of the celebs tonight, he surprised me in every way and there wasn't one thing I could find to not like. I can't wait to see him week after week. I think he's got a good shot at taking the whole thing (which technically would make Kym a 3-peat winner; she won here and also in Australia). I'm really excited Kym has a shot of doing well again. She's always been one of my favorite pros.

FORT Fogey

Footballers rarely disappoint and Hines was no exception. Like so many of the celebs tonight, he surprised me in every way and there wasn't one thing I could find to not like. I can't wait to see him week after week. I think he's got a good shot at taking the whole thing (which technically would make Kym a 3-peat winner; she won here and also in Australia). I'm really excited Kym has a shot of doing well again. She's always been one of my favorite pros.
    I love this guy's smile, charm, and charisma. His body reminds of Apolo. However, he is not as limber. Apolo naturally moved more freely. That is what I hope to see coming up with Hines. I think the potential is there and just needs to be untapped. To win, he will have to be able to move his hips. If he does, his feet will follow!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread