+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

FORT Fan

Re: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'm not the bravest person when it comes to dealing with pain, so I can only imagine, after that, going back and doing a dance that requires lifts and fast motions.
    Who better to lift her than Hines Ward? He is strong, gentle (OFF the football field) and caring -- he'll take great care of her. And he'll smile sweetly and wiggle his butt, and the judges and the callers will adore him!!

Do I need to tell anyone again that I get a bit "warm" about football players who appreciate the arts??

Although there are a number of "nice" Pros on the show, somehow an injury to Kym distrubs me more than any others. She has always been a real trooper, which makes this seem more serious than the usual "rush to hospital" scene we've seen before.

If there is any risk, I'd rather seen Hines go this week with someone else, let Kym recover, and hopefully return in the finals. Interesting to ponder who would be good substitute. Maybe Cheryl.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    Although there are a number of "nice" Pros on the show, somehow an injury to Kym distrubs me more than any others. She has always been a real trooper, which makes this seem more serious than the usual "rush to hospital" scene we've seen before.

If there is any risk, I'd rather seen Hines go this week with someone else, let Kym recover, and hopefully return in the finals. Interesting to ponder who would be good substitute. Maybe Cheryl.
    I'd rather see Anna return and partner Hines if I had a choice. I was thinking, Kym seems to be one the pro who has typically avoided injuries, or at least serious enough that the show feels worth reporting on. Hines's FB message about her being fine but "sore, bruised, and shaken up", had me a little worried. That must have been one nasty fall. I can understand if they felt she needed to go to the ER, just be safe, but hopefully being cleared to dance will raise her spirits. Looking forward to seeing them Monday!

Kym Johnson: 'I'm Shaken Up' but Will Stay on Dancing

It was a scary and painful fall, but Dancing with the Stars pro Kym Johnson says she'll be able to continue competing with partner Hines Ward.

"Thank you everyone for your concern, love and support," she wrote on Facebook. "I'm a little shaken up, sore but I will be fine."

Johnson was taken by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on Friday after she injured her neck while practicing with Ward. After tests, she was cleared for release but was wearing a neck brace.

"I want to give a special thanks to everyone at Cedars-Sinai," she wrote. "The doctors, nurses and staff were so amazing."

The next performance round for the show's remaining four couples is on Monday.
    Dancing with the Stars: Kym Johnson 'Shaken Up' by Injury : People.com
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Aren't they allowed to do lifts now? An "oops" practicing a lift could explain the fall. I'm glad that Kym is back and working with Hines. You go girl!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Aren't they allowed to do lifts now? An "oops" practicing a lift could explain the fall. I'm glad that Kym is back and working with Hines. You go girl!
    They have the AT this week as one of their dances (-I love the AT), so that probably explains the fall. Given Hines ability and Kym's choreography, it was probably some hard dance steps she was putting in there. Can't wait to see it, and hope she's as good as new tomorrow.

Ironic that Dance Center last week showed clips of Hines throwing Kym around the floor.

Wishing Kym a speedy recovery. Glad she can still dance.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've slipped on ice and gotten the whiplash-from-hell! I've ridden a roller coaster and gotten a nasty whiplash. It doesn't take much to hurt your neck. It is an unsupported structure; it supports your head. Now, she has head support, wearing that neck brace. What a drag! It always took me at least a week to feel better, without a brace or medicines. The healing just takes time. I doubt that dancing or practicing will do her any favors.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I guess she's going to dance tonight. Wonder if she'll wear the neck brace?

+ Reply to Thread