+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Jericho & Cheryl Burke - Season 12

Re: Chris Jericho & Cheryl Burke - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I have to agree. His progress was remarkable. His was one of my favorite dances this week.
    It was one of mine too. Should be an interesting competition as this year most of the strongest competitors are the men.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

I have to agree. His progress was remarkable. His was one of my favorite dances this week.
    Talk about a dark horse. Man, I was impressed with him. I watched it for a second time and he really did well and what a smile on that guy. Woooh. He's hot IMO.

FORT Fan

I loved how Chris asked Len how HIS "chesticles" looked after Len remarked on Kendra's.

Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62 View Post
    I loved how Chris asked Len how HIS "chesticles" looked after Len remarked on Kendra's.

Hilarious!
    I forgot about that. It was funny.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

FORT Fogey

I don't know which was more noteworthy - his progress or his description of Cheryl as a drill instructor, uh coach.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Did you see them last night in an interview? I think it was Joy Behar. Anyway, Cheryl said that she did not agree with Chris Brown performing on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did you see them last night in an interview? I think it was Joy Behar. Anyway, Cheryl said that she did not agree with Chris Brown performing on the show.
    I did see that. It's not a show I normally watch, but I was channel surfing and saw that Cheryl was on and talking about abusive relationships, so I stayed. Chris joined her during the next segment. I found him very entertaining.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't know if anyone has spoken of this, or even if it is relative, however, Chris Brown was scheduled to appear on DWTS before his scandalous appearance the week before on another program.
    I don't know, but I would assume that Chris Brown signed a contract with the producers of DWTS to appear on the show.
    If so, maybe DWTS could not cancel out on Chris Brown because he trashed the dressing room of another program.
    I am not speaking of his behavior - I am speaking of legal obligations.
    I am not a lawyer. Maybe someone else can weigh in here?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

My guess is that they didn't cancel him because they knew he would bring in big ratings.
    They don't really have the most exciting and / or controversial contestants this season.
    Having Chris Brown on guaranteed talk / ratings for the show.
    The Disney channel is not known for being purveyors of good taste or taking the high road.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I would think that there's probably a loophole in there that, if TPTB decided they want to cancel for their own good, they could. I might be wrong, though. It did surprise me that they didn't in Chris's case, but apparently if they went for ratings it did the trick. The results show had around 18 million viewers, which for a drawn out, typically drama free, non-suspenseful hour was pretty good. I'm just sorry if the ratings were so high it had to do with him. The casual viewer who doesn't keep up on the news might have thought Tom would interview him, or something would be mentioned about the GMA incident. My sister thought they'd give him the platform to address it. I'm sure that's all they were after, which I'll again say is pretty sad that someone like him having a complete meltdown to the extent he did is considered good TV.

I'm sure Cheryl's issue probably stemmed from Chris's past with Rihanna and the domestic violence charge. The GMA incident didn't exactly help paint him in a better light.

Going back to Chris, I'm slightly disappointed he has the rumba this week. That dance bores me to tears and I would have loved to have seen him have something that carried more personality with it. I got excited when I heard SR had the paso and was hoping Chris would, too. Regardless, Cheryl did a much better job adding more content to their routine for the quick step, and I hope she keeps it up. It's exciting this season that so many people aren't ringers but have huge potential to get better. He surprised me from last week already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast