+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Kirstie Alley

"Hollywood's Most Outrageous Actress"

Pro: Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Kirstie Alley has emerged as one of the top actresses of her generation, proving time and again that she is capable of great depth and range, as well as a comedic timing second to none. Hey, she always cracks us up!

Kirstie's TV work earned her seven Golden Globe and eight Emmy nominations. She's won a Golden Globe, two Emmys and three People's Choice Awards. Kirstie co-wrote and starred in Showtime's critically acclaimed comedy Fat Actress. She also played the title character in the NBC sitcom Veronica's Closet and also served as executive producer.

In 1994, Kirstie showcased her dramatic range starring in the CBS TV movie David's Mother, for which she won an Emmy. In 1987, Kirstie joined the cast of the long-running hit NBC sitcom Cheers as the neurotic Rebecca Howe. She received critical accolades and won both an Emmy for Lead Actress in a Comedy Series and Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a Comedy Series in 1991. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Kirstie made her movie debut in 1982's Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, in which she played the beautiful Vulcan officer, Lieutenant Saavik. In 1999, Kirstie starred in the dark comedy Drop Dead Gorgeous. The cult-classic mockumentary follows the contestants in a beauty pageant in Minnesota.

Kirstie also starred in Woody Allen's Deconstructing Harry. She had us laughing again by starring alongside John Travolta in the hit film Look Who's Talking. The super-successful comedy spawned two hit sequels. Some of Kirstie's other film credits include Shoot to Kill, Summer School, For Richer or Poorer and Champions.

In 1995, Kirstie was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. She served as the spokesperson for Pier One from 2000 to 2004 and Jenny Craig from 2005 to 2008. In 2010, Kirstie worked with experts in science, nutrition, and medicine to develop Organic Liaison, which includes Rescue Me, the first ever USDA certified organic weight-loss product.

It's safe to say that Kirstie Alley has been one of the busiest people in Hollywood for awhile now. So we're glad she found some time to take to the stage on Dancing With The Stars!

Cast Bios - ABC.com

Meet the Cast video - ABC.com

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Love Kirstie and adore Maks! I'll be rooting for them along with Kendra!

I can just see Maks getting frustrated with Kirstie's joking around. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by kireelady View Post
    I can just see Maks getting frustrated with Kirstie's joking around. I can't wait.
    When are they (the people who decide which "celeb" is going to dance with which professional dancer) going to give Max someone who he is worthy of?
    Kirstie Alley(Allie?) is not going to win. I give her credit for going on this show, but I just want to see Max win ONE time before I get too old to watch TV
    Each season is filled with more boring "celebrities" than the previous season.
    However, as long as I can see Max, I'll be ok

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    When are they (the people who decide which "celeb" is going to dance with which professional dancer) going to give Max someone who he is worthy of?
    Kirstie Alley(Allie?) is not going to win. I give her credit for going on this show, but I just want to see Max win ONE time before I get too old to watch TV
    Each season is filled with more boring "celebrities" than the previous season.
    However, as long as I can see Max, I'll be ok
    They've given him Laila Ali, Mel B, Erin and Brandy. He hasn't exactly been getting Clorises all this time. But I'd like to see him win too.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I think that, for whatever reason, the producers have determined that Maks will never win. They want to keep him as the "bad boy" and I think he knows it and is okay with it. His fan base has grown over the years. He' already parlayed it into two other shows. I would not be surprised to see him turn to acting, on Broadway if not elsewhere.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Glad to see Kirstie on this show. I think she'll be entertaining. And I'm very glad Maks is back!

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Love Kirstie and adore Maks! I'll be rooting for them along with Kendra!

Me too! I love Kirstie and Kendra! Kirstie is a professional and when she gets her mind set, she is very focused. I hope she does well. I do not underestimate her.

I saw her in practice and she looked as if she had lost at least 60 pounds from the last time I saw her last year. Good for her.

I'm not very excited about her partner though. Ugggh. He's not one of my favorties at all. Good luck Kristie.

I absolutely can't stand Maks. I liked Kirstie in the 80's, but I am not sure I like her enough to vote for her and Maks does't help. Have a hard time with his arrogant cheuvenism.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

I always root for Maks no matter who he has as a partner, but this time it's cool, 'cause I love Kirstie too.

She'll be giving him a run for his money, that's for darn sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast