+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

I was so happy to see Kirstie do so well Monday..........she really rocked that dance!!!! I think she and Maks are a good pair........there might well be some fireworks, but that'll be good for both of them. Remember how he and Mel B were together???.......they were 'fighting' all the time......lol

I read somewhere that Kirstie said she wasn't going to go for the comedy on DWTS, which made me glad. She is 60 years old, so some of those dances will be a real trial for her, but I think she can do it!!

Kirstie and Ralph were truly the best in my opinion. I've never been a big fan of Karina, but I hope she does her best for Ralph.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I just watched The Soup, and Joel asked how he was supposed to put food on the table since Kirstie wasn't a train wreck, hence they couldn't make fun of her like they expected Oh well, there's always Bruno. I do think that Kirstie will struggle on some dances later on, especially once the competition starts thinning out. I wouldn't be surprised if she and Maks go at it, but she does remind me of Mel B in that she'll go toe to toe with him and they'll laugh about it in 5 minutes.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    @georgelopez I don't need or want ur apology...I want your kidney dude..on behalf of ur X and all the women uv insulted...give it back
    LOL - Super Zinger! You go, Kirstie! Your comment was way funnier than GL could HOPE to be!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    @georgelopez I don't need or want ur apology...I want your kidney dude..on behalf of ur X and all the women uv insulted...give it back
    Perhaps the Best Comeback Ever!
    I've not been a huge fan of Kirstie in the past, but I thought she nailed it on the dance floor. Also, the chemistry between her and Maks was a joy to watch. George Lopez can take a flying leap.

She's called out all of the late night talk show hosts at one time or another-writers for Conan, Lopez, Leno et al.
    Despite her ability to be great at sending out zingers it has to be so painful to be humiliated that way on a constant level by talk show hosts, tabloids and Joan Rivers (who I loathe more than any one). I'm so happy she nailed it on
    Monday night and i don't necessarily believe being overweight will be a big a hindrance as people think. Sher seems to naturally have rhythm and grace and presence. I'm so rooting for her.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I was so ready to a real hatefest for Kirstie Alley but was so surprised at how well she did and also disappointed that I couldn't hate on her. I must explain why I wanted to hatefest. It is because I truly believe she lied about how heavy she was and is and has been. Kirstie has claimed at her heaviest she was about 220lbs. She is 5'8" and her normal weight would be about 140lb. I have seen pictures of her at her heaviest and when she was on Oprah and while I applaud her weight loss at the time no way did I ever believe at her heaviest was she only 220lbs more like 300lb. As a non skinny I absolutely hate it when another non skinny lies about their weight. It's like being in an AA meeting and another addict lies about what they are doing, the other addicts see right through that person. I also have seen before and after pictures of her supposedly recent loss of 60lbs. The only difference in those photos are of her weary a long loose full length granny dress and the other pic was of her wearing a tight dress, neither her hair or face position was different and they was no evidence of a 60lb weight loss in her face. Photoshop is a wonderful thing. That being said she did dance well her first week in DWTS and I give her kudos for that.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PS: George Lopez is a total sleeze bag for excepting a kidney from his wife and then divorcing her. Yes, he should give it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I was so ready to a real hatefest for Kirstie Alley but was so surprised at how well she did and also disappointed that I couldn't hate on her. I must explain why I wanted to hatefest. It is because I truly believe she lied about how heavy she was and is and has been. Kirstie has claimed at her heaviest she was about 220lbs. She is 5'8" and her normal weight would be about 140lb. I have seen pictures of her at her heaviest and when she was on Oprah and while I applaud her weight loss at the time no way did I ever believe at her heaviest was she only 220lbs more like 300lb. As a non skinny I absolutely hate it when another non skinny lies about their weight. It's like being in an AA meeting and another addict lies about what they are doing, the other addicts see right through that person. I also have seen before and after pictures of her supposedly recent loss of 60lbs. The only difference in those photos are of her weary a long loose full length granny dress and the other pic was of her wearing a tight dress, neither her hair or face position was different and they was no evidence of a 60lb weight loss in her face. Photoshop is a wonderful thing. That being said she did dance well her first week in DWTS and I give her kudos for that.
    That's hilarious that she would even try to claim that. At 5'8" 220 lbs would be a bit beyond pleasantly plump.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    That's hilarious that she would even try to claim that. At 5'8" 220 lbs would be a bit beyond pleasantly plump.
    I would believe it if she said her current weight is now 220lbs. Even up to 250.

Do the talk show hosts make fun of men who are over weight also? Or is it a sexist thing? Either way I think it is very cruel.

+ Reply to Thread