+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

FORT Fogey

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Somebody asked what the lifting of the breast was all about at the beginning of the dance. I think that was what Len meant when he called the performance "cheeky".

Since she is obviously overweight, in what we would call a "flippant" manner she parodied a slender, sexy Latin woman. It captured her sense of humor perfectly, I thought.

I can't wait to see what this couple does next.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Ha. I dare someone to attend a taping and yell out "Xenu rules!"

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

I am impressed. She did really great!!

I also agree that Maks looked like a proud father. I truly believe that he brings the best with his partners.

Have anyone noticed that during the flash back, she looked like she was drunk? It was a very small period of time but her face and her talk were funny.

I am pretty convinced that with her yo-yo weight she will be much thinner at the end. She is a character for sure. I cannot wait to see more of her.

I am very happy that for a change Maks did not get the most talented and thinner of the gang. Also this season, I am not that impressed. Only 2 contestants stood out for me: Ralph and Kirstie

They said on the radio this morning that George Lopez made fun of Kirstie on his show on Tues saying that she danced like a pig. I don't think he watched the same show I did and I wonder if he is just discriminating because of her weight. I thought she was sparking, dazzling, effervescent, cheaky and fun in her cha cha and I can't wait to see what she does the rest of the season. Count me on team Kirstie (though I am going to have to bite the bullet and actually like Maks this year, drat!)
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

George Lopez is about as unfunny a talk show host as you can get. I've never understood how he got as far as he has. He owes everything to Sandra Bullock, since her production company is responsible for his awful sitcom that I can't avoid all over the dial.

If his dumb remarks are the worst that's happening to Kirstie, then things are looking even better for her than I thought.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I'm not watching this season, but had to check her out on youtube when I kept hearing she did well - I gotta say, I expected another Kate G - Kirstie has musicality and rythm, girl done good!!! Between her and Maks' fan bases I expect her in the F3.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    George Lopez is about as unfunny a talk show host as you can get. I've never understood how he got as far as he has.
    His being foisted on the public at large is the one real bone of contention I have with Ms. Bullock - he is appalling.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Thanks, guys, I thought I was the only one who never found George Lopez at all funny.

I thought Kirstie did really well.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I also agree that Maks looked like a proud father. I truly believe that he brings the best with his partners.
    When he and Erin Andrews danced together he had a smile on his face I had not seen in ages. She brought out the sensitive and caring side of Maks that was endearing to me. Whoever he is paired with that season either makes me love him or dislike him.

This season he has his smile back and seems to be having a blast. That is the Maks I will always root for.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Who is John Galt?

Kirstie Alley has always been a favorite of mine. She is witty, and has a no nonsense personality - I like that. She did great! I was impressed. She is still a bit heavy, so I doubt she'll be jumping from the stage onto Maks' shoulders like Erin did (even Maks isn't that strong), but she'll do well if she can physically handle it. That is the biggest problem. She is 60 years old and has had weight problems with yo-yo dieting for years. That doesn't help her stamina. But, she has rhythm and is well coordinated. Go Kirstie (as long as you can without having a heart attack).

+ Reply to Thread