+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I also have nothing but contempt for The Bachelor. But yeah, if the show is still running then he has to play the game until the reveal. Even if it's in the Ukraine, we still have YouTube over here.

But with a show as ludicrous as Bach, trying to apply any kind of integrity to it is kind of a joke anyway.
    It's a fascinating species Over-produced "love!"

People in Maks' camp, including former partners, try to paint this picture of him as a good-hearted fellow. During season 10, I too fell prey to his "softer side," but with his overexposure (in more ways than one), I think Maks is who he is portrayed to be. The Bachelor only solidifies that further.

His rep now denies that the female in the photos is Cheryl. Says it's a fan in whose ear he was whispering. She must be Cheryl's identical twin! Funny, if they had nothing to hide why were the photos pulled from the club's photo gallery and other sites? Ok, I'm done with my Maks' rant!

When you look at the two pictures it doesn't look like Cheryl in both of them unless it is just the angle. In the one of Max "kissing", the dress is totally backless and in the one of him standing with Cheryl it doesn't look like her dress is backless. He is wearing same yellow shirt in both though. In any event my take on the whole thing is they are both single healthy young people so if they want to partake of each others company why not.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Numerous reasons. Presently, Maks is under contract for the Ukranian Bachelor for which the season finale has yet to air. From his Twitter, he's obviously more concerned about portraying the image that he's a free agent than showing any respect towards the women who were on his season. If he is currently dating the "woman who will be his wife" that he met on the Bachelor, then he probably shouldn't have openly engulfed Cheryl at a very public forum with very public cameras watching. The least he could have done was control himself while the show aired and then maturely state that he didn't find a match. He's now just showing himself to be a womanizer.

Maks only had contempt for The Bachelor. For as much as he says that he did the show in the Ukraine since it'd be nothing like the US version, it's still the same premise; and he's just as bad as some of the people who've done the US Bachelor: he had a girlfriend for most of the show. That's just plain disrespectful regardless of the reasons that any of the women had for doing the show. The episodes that show the girls meeting his parents explain entirely why Maks is the way he is. He's been coddled by his mother who worships him and raised by a man who denigrates a woman's dreams and goals. That they expect Maks' wife to embody the "barefoot and pregnant" female image is disrespectful. What? so Maks can parade around Hollywood picking up a different girl each night? Add to that the incessant blaming of Karina for their breakup and it's a bit too much to handle. Why do any of them feel the need to bring her into anything?

As for Cheryl, yes, they both participated in that display of affection. Whether it was alcohol induced or true emotion, well, it's obvious from the reaction-both the PR-request to remove the images and both of their attempts to ignore it--that they both want to act like it didn't happen. Maks can continue to use Cheryl for his whim just as she lets him. I'm not sure that Maks knows how to interact with women in any other way than the way they can benefit him.

His constant messages to the haters show his own insecurity or maybe even narcissism. He thinks he's infallible. Own your actions, Maks.
    I must have missed this, who was his girlfriend while he was filming TB Ukraine? I know there was some woman named Joni that he was allegedly dating in LA last fall, but just because the tabs label someone his "girlfriend" doesn't mean the relationship was anything more than a few dates (or just one!) while he was doing DWTS in LA, that ended once he left for Europe to film TB.

I don't speak Russian, but I read a translation of Maks' parents comments to him about the two women, and that version had his dad preferring that Maks find a woman who would NOT just be "barefoot and pregnant" but one who would be a partner to Maks, who would support and contribute to the success of the family unit. And Papa C. felt that one of the women was not ambitious enough for that. I don't know, I guess I just find it hard to judge Maks' actions on a show where I personally have no idea what anyone is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I must have missed this, who was his girlfriend while he was filming TB Ukraine? I know there was some woman named Joni that he was allegedly dating in LA last fall, but just because the tabs label someone his "girlfriend" doesn't mean the relationship was anything more than a few dates (or just one!) while he was doing DWTS in LA, that ended once he left for Europe to film TB. I don't speak Russian, but I read a translation of Maks' parents comments to him about the two women, and that version had his dad preferring that Maks find a woman who would NOT just be "barefoot and pregnant" but one who would be a partner to Maks, who would support and contribute to the success of the family unit. And Papa C. felt that one of the women was not ambitious enough for that. I don't know, I guess I just find it hard to judge Maks' actions on a show where I personally have no idea what anyone is saying.
    There were pictures of Maks with Joni celebrating New Years in St. Maarten (one of the locations where the show was being filmed). Those pictures were scrubbed shortly after their appearance just like the Cheryl/Maks makeout was "erased" as best that Lizzie Grubman could do. There were several occasions last fall in which Joni was seen with Maks: multiple pap videos of her in his car, photos of her and him taken by his then-friend Dennis, pictures on Wenn and Getty Images of her walking with him and then joining him in NYC when he was on GMA with Robin Roberts. She was in the audience as his guest for DWTS at least twice. But I guess she wasn't his girlfriend just as much as nothing happened with Erin or Willa; just like Cheryl wasn't the "fan" in the kissing photos.

I willingly admit that I judge Maks. It's no different than those posters who judge Karina or Mark or anyone else on the show. He's chosen a public life and chose to broadcast his love life to the world when he decided to do the Bachelor as well as everything he and Karina did when they were together. He says that he's a private person. Really?

My interpretation of the translations and body language give me the impression that his family values a man's dreams and goals above a woman's. Case in point: his mother. His dad weighs in that the female isn't contributing enough (Yana) or her career is too much (Nadya). Which one is it? IMO, Maks wants something like Tony's setup where he gets to gallivant all over the world while the mother stays home rearing their children.

Since last summer, I gave the dude the benefit of the doubt, but there's too much information now that contradicts anything other than that he's motivated by his own ego and money.
    Last edited by veg_out; 06-02-2011 at 02:13 PM.

There were pictures of Maks with Joni celebrating New Years in St. Maarten (one of the locations where the show was being filmed). Those pictures were scrubbed shortly after their appearance just like the Cheryl/Maks makeout was "erased" as best that Lizzie Grubman could do. There were several occasions last fall in which Joni was seen with Maks: multiple pap videos of her in his car, photos of her and him taken by his then-friend Dennis, pictures on Wenn and Getty Images of her walking with him and then joining him in NYC when he was on GMA with Robin Roberts. She was in the audience as his guest for DWTS at least twice. But I guess she wasn't his girlfriend just as much as nothing happened with Erin or Willa; just like Cheryl wasn't the "fan" in the kissing photos.

I willingly admit that I judge Maks. It's no different than those posters who judge Karina or Mark or anyone else on the show. He's chosen a public life and chose to broadcast his love life to the world when he decided to do the Bachelor as well as everything he and Karina did when they were together. He says that he's a private person. Really?

My interpretation of the translations and body language give me the impression that his family values a man's dreams and goals above a woman's. Case in point: his mother. His dad weighs in that the female isn't contributing enough (Yana) or her career is too much (Nadya). Which one is it? IMO, Maks wants something like Tony's setup where he gets to gallivant all over the world while the mother stays home rearing their children.

Since last summer, I gave the dude the benefit of the doubt, but there's too much information now that contradicts anything other than that he's motivated by his own ego and money.
    Thanks for the additional details. Of course you're entitled to your opinion and you're entitled to judge Maks on any critieria you choose. (The point I was making was that unlike with Karina and Mark, Maks' comments on TB Ukraine are unintelligible to me and I have to rely on someone else's interpretation of what he is saying, feeling and thinking). I only saw a couple of articles (all seemingly from the same source) and a picture of Maks with this Joni last fall (and I went looking too at the time but nothing else came up for me to confirm she was a "credible" girlfriend), so my opinion of the relationship doesn't take into account the multiple images of hookups you apparently saw. I just know that unless I see the information with my own eyes or hear something with my own ears, I prefer to reserve MY judgement, because there have been numerous times where someone's interpretation of a photo, an interview or a conversation turns out to be quite different from the way I interpret it. Vive le difference.

For the record, there is still no proof, to my knowledge, of a Maks/Erin hookup, and they both still deny it happened. IIRC, Maks admitted to a quick hookup with Willa, but it was mostly to make her ex bf (now husband) jealous. And I also saw the article claiming Maks and Cheryl were "friends with benefits" for a few years, and could certainly believe it. If it's working for both of them, that's their business.
    Last edited by ironcat; 06-02-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I must have missed this, who was his girlfriend while he was filming TB Ukraine? I know there was some woman named Joni that he was allegedly dating in LA last fall, but just because the tabs label someone his "girlfriend" doesn't mean the relationship was anything more than a few dates (or just one!) while he was doing DWTS in LA, that ended once he left for Europe to film TB.

I don't speak Russian, but I read a translation of Maks' parents comments to him about the two women, and that version had his dad preferring that Maks find a woman who would NOT just be "barefoot and pregnant" but one who would be a partner to Maks, who would support and contribute to the success of the family unit. And Papa C. felt that one of the women was not ambitious enough for that. I don't know, I guess I just find it hard to judge Maks' actions on a show where I personally have no idea what anyone is saying.
    I read an interview with Yana, where she said Maks's dad got the wrong impression of her (which is what you said above, his dad viewed her as someone who was the "barefoot and pregnant" type). It seems his parents want someone who value Maks as an equal and a partner, and would support his lifestyle. And, that he doesn't completely have to take care of (I guess in regards to Yana's age). I don't see anything wrong with Maks's busy lifestyle, or wanting someone that can accept and support it. He probably makes a much better living doing what he's doing, than he would just teaching dance in NY and not going for any other opportunity. So you probably would have to be an understanding and patient person since his work takes him all over. I noticed his parents did touch on the whole jealousy aspect of him and his female partners. I'm curious what they meant when they said something to the effect of all his partners didn't always behave. I worried someone on TB might take advantage of all of that, and I noticed his parents seemed concerned that was what Sasha was after. As I said above, I don't know when Maks started dating Joni, but I have a feeling the contract for TB was already signed when that happened. Or perhaps it wasn't serious enough that he thought twice about it. I don't know, anytime someone in Hollywood is caught with someone of the opposite sex, they're automatically dating. Just like the speculation of Maks and nearly half his partners on this show hooking up.

Thanks for the additional details. Of course you're entitled to your opinion and you're entitled to judge Maks on any critieria you choose. (The point I was making was that unlike with Karina and Mark, Maks' comments on TB Ukraine are unintelligible to me and I have to rely on someone else's interpretation of what he is saying, feeling and thinking). I only saw a couple of articles (all seemingly from the same source) and a picture of Maks with this Joni last fall (and I went looking too at the time but nothing else came up for me to confirm she was a "credible" girlfriend), so my opinion of the relationship doesn't take into account the multiple images of hookups you apparently saw. I just know that unless I see the information with my own eyes or hear something with my own ears, I prefer to reserve MY judgement, because there have been numerous times where someone's interpretation of a photo, an interview or a conversation turns out to be quite different from the way I interpret it. Vive le difference.

For the record, there is still no proof, to my knowledge, of a Maks/Erin hookup, and they both still deny it happened. IIRC, Maks admitted to a quick hookup with Willa, but it was mostly to make her ex bf (now husband) jealous. And I also saw the article claiming Maks and Cheryl were "friends with benefits" for a few years, and could certainly believe it. If it's working for both of them, that's their business.
    Well, the evidence is there for the taking regarding every woman. I appreciate your value of hard journalistic evidence.

What is the impression we're supposed to take away from all of his relationships and his Twitter and the pictures and the pap videos and the Bachelor? Are we supposed to infer from all that behavior that he's this wholesome family guy with a deep, abiding love and respect for women that he likes to say that he is? I'm not sure that agreeing to a) hookup with a partner to make another guy jealous b) play the fans that he had or did not have a relationship with Erin Andrews c) trash your ex-girlfriend on TV show d) maintain a relationship with a girlfriend in the States 1/2way into filming a dating show in Europe and e) making-out with a very drunk co-worker in plain view of cameras and then lie about it is an example of an upstanding guy.

He's pretty to look at, but he is what he is to quote his favorite line
    Last edited by veg_out; 06-02-2011 at 04:48 PM.

All I know is this...IF that is Cheryl in those photos...all I have to say is...LUCKY GIRL!!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    All I know is this...IF that is Cheryl in those photos...all I have to say is...LUCKY GIRL!!
    Or a really lucky fan, whichever it may be I think Maks is a good catch. Following him all these years, and believing that the whole bad boy image is really just a running joke at this point, I believe he's sincere about wanting to settle down and start a family. I can't blame him for taking opportunities that come his way, and since I don't know specifics won't call him a hypocrite for it. He can change and change his mind on his views of things. To each their own. I just hope the rumors of him not returning next season aren't true It won't be the same, though since he's had 3 good seasons in a row, making the finals twice, I'm not sure he'll get the best partner next time.

Well, the evidence is there for the taking regarding every woman. I appreciate your value of hard journalistic evidence.

What is the impression we're supposed to take away from all of his relationships and his Twitter and the pictures and the pap videos and the Bachelor? Are we supposed to infer from all that behavior that he's this wholesome family guy with a deep, abiding love and respect for women that he likes to say that he is? I'm not sure that agreeing to a) hookup with a partner to make another guy jealous b) play the fans that he had or did not have a relationship with Erin Andrews c) trash your ex-girlfriend on TV show d) maintain a relationship with a girlfriend in the States 1/2way into filming a dating show in Europe and e) making-out with a very drunk co-worker in plain view of cameras and then lie about it is an example of an upstanding guy.

He's pretty to look at, but he is what he is to quote his favorite line
    Just to clarify on a), Maks didn't agree to it but learned after the fact that Willa was just trying to make her ex jealous by hooking up with him, and it worked. (Good example of how my comment was inadvertently misinterpreted by you to appear worse than it was intended).

And regarding d), we have no way of knowing whether Maks ever considered Joni his girlfriend, or whether Joni ever considered Maks her boyfriend until one of them comes forward and acknowledges it.

+ Reply to Thread