+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

FORT Fogey

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

In the final analysis, Kirstie and Maks should be commended for how they persevered through falls, shoes falling off, etc. Maks took a challenge and turned it into a great victory, even if they were not the ultimate winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    In the final analysis, Kirstie and Maks should be commended for how they persevered through falls, shoes falling off, etc. Maks took a challenge and turned it into a great victory, even if they were not the ultimate winners.
    Yes and did you catch the nice compliment Maks gave to Kirstie and his other previous partners. He said she was the 10th trophy he had received so far. How nice!

Not terribly surprising. It's just another notch in an ever-growing list...

Disrespectful on 87 levels.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

He and Cheryl have known each other for years. In fact, when he and Karina first got together (but before it was made public), a lot of people speculated he and Cheryl were actually the ones involved with each other. I think they'd make a fairly cute couple, if I had to get on the romance bandwagon. I've heard they've had a friends with benefits thing going on for awhile. I guess what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas This is all over the net. Doesn't seem like a big deal as it once was to see two pros or a pro and their celeb hooking up. Rarely does it ever go anywhere. I think Shannon and Derek were the champs for longest running DWTS inspired relationship. I did see the comment on DWTSGossip about someone asking to take those down. Either you shouldn't make the photos public, or you should be careful what you're doing when everyone has cell phone cameras. Maybe this is what inspired Maks to tell his haters off today on his twitter.

Not terribly surprising. It's just another notch in an ever-growing list...

Disrespectful on 87 levels.
    Curious why you find it disrespectful

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Curious why you find it disrespectful
    Numerous reasons. Presently, Maks is under contract for the Ukranian Bachelor for which the season finale has yet to air. From his Twitter, he's obviously more concerned about portraying the image that he's a free agent than showing any respect towards the women who were on his season. If he is currently dating the "woman who will be his wife" that he met on the Bachelor, then he probably shouldn't have openly engulfed Cheryl at a very public forum with very public cameras watching. The least he could have done was control himself while the show aired and then maturely state that he didn't find a match. He's now just showing himself to be a womanizer.

Maks only had contempt for The Bachelor. For as much as he says that he did the show in the Ukraine since it'd be nothing like the US version, it's still the same premise; and he's just as bad as some of the people who've done the US Bachelor: he had a girlfriend for most of the show. That's just plain disrespectful regardless of the reasons that any of the women had for doing the show. The episodes that show the girls meeting his parents explain entirely why Maks is the way he is. He's been coddled by his mother who worships him and raised by a man who denigrates a woman's dreams and goals. That they expect Maks' wife to embody the "barefoot and pregnant" female image is disrespectful. What? so Maks can parade around Hollywood picking up a different girl each night? Add to that the incessant blaming of Karina for their breakup and it's a bit too much to handle. Why do any of them feel the need to bring her into anything?

As for Cheryl, yes, they both participated in that display of affection. Whether it was alcohol induced or true emotion, well, it's obvious from the reaction-both the PR-request to remove the images and both of their attempts to ignore it--that they both want to act like it didn't happen. Maks can continue to use Cheryl for his whim just as she lets him. I'm not sure that Maks knows how to interact with women in any other way than the way they can benefit him.

His constant messages to the haters show his own insecurity or maybe even narcissism. He thinks he's infallible. Own your actions, Maks.
    Last edited by veg_out; 06-01-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Maks may have already signed the contract before he and his then girlfriend started dating. I remember he signed onto do a thing for The Insider where you could win a date with him, but by the time it aired, he and Karina were already engaged, so it made some people feel awkward about watching it. If he did have a girlfriend going into the show, it makes even more sense he picked the girl he wound up with. I see Maks as having a strong bond with his family, which I'm impressed by, but I don't see his parents as wanting a wife that'll drop everything and stay home. It does seem his mom and dad see things differently, but I think it could be a cultural thing that they're more used to. As for Karina, I tend to believe she was up to no good when they were together, so while I may have earned respect for her as a pro this season, I still have a negative view of her away from the show. I guess I'm not surprised she's being brought up. His family may not have known they'd be flashing pictures of her every time they brought that situation up. Someone posted here Karina was going to tell all why they broke up, so maybe she got wind of it and wanted to get her side out first. Anyway, I'm sure the Ukrainan folks that work on the show aren't happy, but it's been rumored since the show started airing he and the girl weren't together anymore. Just like our version, it's hard to keep things from leaking

Speaking of it being alcohol induced, Cheryl looks like she's had it in some of those photos. Must have been one heck of a birthday party for her.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Maks may have already signed the contract before he and his then girlfriend started dating. I remember he signed onto do a thing for The Insider where you could win a date with him, but by the time it aired, he and Karina were already engaged, so it made some people feel awkward about watching it. If he did have a girlfriend going into the show, it makes even more sense he picked the girl he wound up with. I see Maks as having a strong bond with his family, which I'm impressed by, but I don't see his parents as wanting a wife that'll drop everything and stay home. It does seem his mom and dad see things differently, but I think it could be a cultural thing that they're more used to. As for Karina, I tend to believe she was up to no good when they were together, so while I may have earned respect for her as a pro this season, I still have a negative view of her away from the show. I guess I'm not surprised she's being brought up. His family may not have known they'd be flashing pictures of her every time they brought that situation up. Someone posted here Karina was going to tell all why they broke up, so maybe she got wind of it and wanted to get her side out first. Anyway, I'm sure the Ukrainan folks that work on the show aren't happy, but it's been rumored since the show started airing he and the girl weren't together anymore. Just like our version, it's hard to keep things from leaking

Speaking of it being alcohol induced, Cheryl looks like she's had it in some of those photos. Must have been one heck of a birthday party for her.
    Why the heck would Maks sign up to do The Bachelor if he did have a girlfriend at the time of contract???!!!! That's even more disrespectful of both his girlfriend and the women on the show! The excuse, "Well, it's ok if his girlfriend said it was," doesn't override that he's still only caring about himself and money. He went into the Bachelor with a girlfriend, celebrated New Year's with her, and then "broke it off" when he liked some of the girls--again, self-serving.

I agree that Maks is close to his family, but I also see that he is a product of that family's dynamic and mores, which are very patriarchal and traditional. Yana, one of the final two, made a comment that she wasn't going to be in the kitchen with slippers. These women want a career not just to be a Chmerkovskiy babymaker. How dare she want anything but 343 kids!

Karina said last season that the truth would come out about Maks and her. Neither of them is a saint; they both did wrong in the relationship; I'm not relegating her to a pedestal. I'm just saying that Maks needs to stop blaming her for his behavior.

As for Cheryl, I also implicated her as well as him. What if, say, Maks was sober or at least more sober than Cheryl that night? I guess it was his birthday present to her.

His overall behavior is just disrespectful towards women. He uses them to his advantage ever since Karina.

We'll just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by veg_out; 06-01-2011 at 02:52 PM.

I also have nothing but contempt for The Bachelor. But yeah, if the show is still running then he has to play the game until the reveal. Even if it's in the Ukraine, we still have YouTube over here.

But with a show as ludicrous as Bach, trying to apply any kind of integrity to it is kind of a joke anyway.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I also have nothing but contempt for The Bachelor. But yeah, if the show is still running then he has to play the game until the reveal. Even if it's in the Ukraine, we still have YouTube over here.

But with a show as ludicrous as Bach, trying to apply any kind of integrity to it is kind of a joke anyway.
    Same here Maybe Maks thought the Ukraine version would be different than ours. I don't know why he'd think, but from what I've seen, it isn't. I wonder if it was a weak moment when he signed. I do have to agree, sort of, with the notion that his family seems to be more into him getting married and having kids than he is. I think he wants that, but just surprising they seem to be telling him it's time. Oh well, I doubt Maks will have any trouble. I'm available In regards to him, his then girlfriend, and doing TB, what I meant was maybe he signed on before they started dating. Granted, I don't know when he and her were dating, but he started filming TB not long after season 11. So I'm guessing there were probably talks going on long before that. He might have not been able to get out of it by that time. Maks seems to regret doing it, and obviously got nothing out of it.

Cheryl and Maks both seem to be taking a bit of heat for their fling/kiss fest on twitter, which I think is stupid.
    Last edited by karalott; 06-01-2011 at 05:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread