+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

FORT Fan

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Mark and Bristol - clearly Bristol should have been out way before finals and much better dancers were booted way before their time.
    Change the names to Maks and Kirstie and you have my feelings on season 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Kristie has gotten my votes all season and will continue. But I agree, no way TPTB will let her win it. She'll be 3rd, like Kelly Osborne.
    But I'll vote and hope for an upset.
    There's no way the judges will let her win, unfortunately. I wish she could pull it off, though.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I'd love to see Kirstie and Hines in the F2. Failing that, I want either Kirstie or Hines to WIN. I do NOT want to see another MINUTE of Mark's smug, smarmy over-dancing.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fogey

Whatever happens, Kirstie is a winner. She lost the weight, got her body strong and in great shape. But the best part is she sees how much she's still loved by her fans. At her age, and basically being out of the spotlight for a while, that's very rewarding to her.

Did you see that picture of Romeo and Kirstie kissing for the paps? She is so funny.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I love Kirstie and I looove Maks, but no way did they deserve to be in the final 3 over Ralph. As for Chelsea, although she seems really sweet and is a great dancer, better than Hines, in my opinion, I really don't want Mark to win. He is getting so arrogant over time. More and more like his dad, with his antics.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    I love Kirstie and I looove Maks, but no way did they deserve to be in the final 3 over Ralph. As for Chelsea, although she seems really sweet and is a great dancer, better than Hines, in my opinion, I really don't want Mark to win. He is getting so arrogant over time. More and more like his dad, with his antics.
    Exactly how does one define who "deserves" to be in the final 3 on DWTS? they cast a variety of ages, weights, dance backgrounds, entertainment fields and natural rhythms..... so on what basis do they "deserve" to go to the finals? This show is all about entertaining the public for votes.... so if Kirstie is more "entertaining" to the public, and the judges... then IMO that makes her more "deserving" of the advancement. This show is not a true dance competition, otherwise they'd have tryouts like American Idol does, wouldn't cast 80+ astronauts or people like Cloris Leachman and the winner would get a dance contract, not a disco ball and bragging rights. This is pure entertainment, not to be taken seriously - hence the reason people get ticked off when the voters get political and the judges fix the scoring. Give the audience what they want.. and if they want Kirstie... then she's truly deserving!
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    Exactly how does one define who "deserves" to be in the final 3 on DWTS? they cast a variety of ages, weights, dance backgrounds, entertainment fields and natural rhythms..... so on what basis do they "deserve" to go to the finals? This show is all about entertaining the public for votes.... so if Kirstie is more "entertaining" to the public, and the judges... then IMO that makes her more "deserving" of the advancement. This show is not a true dance competition, otherwise they'd have tryouts like American Idol does, wouldn't cast 80+ astronauts or people like Cloris Leachman and the winner would get a dance contract, not a disco ball and bragging rights. This is pure entertainment, not to be taken seriously - hence the reason people get ticked off when the voters get political and the judges fix the scoring. Give the audience what they want.. and if they want Kirstie... then she's truly deserving!
    Very well said. I vote for whomever I feel is entertaining and has a good story line. (As in Romeo's progress, Kirstie "finding herself" once again and so on) and if they're also the best dancer, that's great. I wouldn't vote for a total clunker-oops-no, I take it back! I voted a couple of weeks for Buzz because I liked to see him and I loooove Ashly.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Very well said. I vote for whomever I feel is entertaining and has a good story line. (As in Romeo's progress, Kirstie "finding herself" once again and so on) and if they're also the best dancer, that's great. I wouldn't vote for a total clunker-oops-no, I take it back! I voted a couple of weeks for Buzz because I liked to see him and I loooove Ashly.
    I admire the "clunkers" the most. They know that they aren't technically good and yet they put themselves out there anyway. What I hate about them casting "clunkers" is the way the judges critisize them and are downright nasty sometimes. IMO they are actually invited guests to that show and don't deserve to be humiliated by the obnoxious judges. Nobody should get below a 5 on this show, and if the judges can't say anything good about the dance, then compliment their outfit and the effort at least.

Kirstie has danced quite well IMO and her footwork is technically good and she's pure entertainment, from her dancing to watching her practice, her interviews before and after a dance etc. she's the whole package and I think just as deserving of a win as Hines (who I totally adore and won't mind if he's the winner)
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It doesn't hurt that she's dancing with my favorite pro, but I was still prepared to NOT vote for her. She totally won me over this season.
    Yeah, but she lost a bit of that love, on my part, when they started shooehorning the Travolta family in on multiple episodes, talking in Scientology "code words". They came up with the whole "winning"/"is a winner" thing long before Charlie Sheen.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread