+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Kirstie is headed towards being fat again. With her limited intake of food and her schedule as it is now she's able to lose/maintain the weight loss. Once the daily grind is over, and she's back to her old routine, she's going to binge again - she knows that's her problem.
    I agree with you on that. The friend I referred to in my previous post gained it all back & then some in less than 6 months. A big part of me thinks some bodys are just gentically programed. Out of 4 siblings I am the only one to be shirt & thin. My grandfather & uncle were exactly like me while the rest of my very sizeable family, 13 aunts and uncles, are all taller & tending towards the heavy side. I can eat whatever I want & not gain a pound.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I agree with you on that. The friend I referred to in my previous post gained it all back & then some in less than 6 months. A big part of me thinks some bodys are just gentically programed. Out of 4 siblings I am the only one to be shirt & thin. My grandfather & uncle were exactly like me while the rest of my very sizeable family, 13 aunts and uncles, are all taller & tending towards the heavy side. I can eat whatever I want & not gain a pound.
    I remember those days. The memory is getting dimmer though.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Kristie's kids have one father, her ex-husband, Parker Stevenson. He is around and in their lives, just not into publicity anymore. And quite frankly, you don't really see Kristie out with her kids very much - I think they both work very hard to shield them from the public.
    That is very much true. He's a great Dad whose always been a part of the kids lives.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

I'm not sure where the whole size 2 thing came from. In the interview I read with Kirstie, she said she was in a 4 or 6, but admitted that the dresses were really stretchy. I have no problem believing she's a 6 or 8.

I'm 5'10" and if I posted pics of myself wearing a size 14 you would all be shocked and think I was at least a 20. The girls on this show - the dancers and the celebs are all much thinner than Kirstie. I'd guess that most were no more than a 2 and probably smaller. There used to be (and maybe there still is...) a store in LA that sold clothing from TV shows that the various costume departments were no longer using. I remember being shocked at how tiny the clothing was for various celebs I knew. I always knew Susan Lucci was tiny, but holding one of her itty bitty little XXS track suits that had been taken in really brought it home. The "big" woman on one show I watched wore a size 12. I think if Kirstie were photographed next to people who are of average size (i.e. sizes 10-16), we would have some perspective.

Whatever size she is, I love watching Kirstie. I'm so impressed with her work ethic and her talent. It doesn't hurt that she's dancing with my favorite pro, but I was still prepared to NOT vote for her. She totally won me over this season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Just to add my 2 cents to the sizing issue: I am 5'5 and weigh 120 and I just bought some new Levis...Size 6. And I have very thin legs. On non-sized things I buy medium which I think means 8-10. So in my estimation she has gone from being an 18 or 20 to a 14 which is a considerable drop. Maybe she meant 14-16 and the 1 got left off? Anyway it really doesn't matter except it promotes average women to have bad body images...I know I am almost half her size but I wear a bigger size than she does? Ouch!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Good grief! All of this nonsense about Kirstie's "size"! She's looking TERRIFIC for a 60 y.o. woman no matter WHAT her "official size"!

FACTS:
    1. Sizes fluctuate GREATLY between clothing lines and designers. A size 4 by one designer can very well be a size 8 by another.
    2. "Plus Size Models" typically wear a size 8-10. That's right - they don't use ACTUAL "plus size" models. So, look at a Lane Bryant ad and then look at Kirstie and you'll have a better idea of what REAL size she is.

Kirstie ROCKS - I'm glad that she's going to be in the finals.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

There is no way that Kirsty is wearing a 2-4. Could it have said 24? It think she is probably at a 16 or 18 but if TV is adding lots to her frame then maybe she is a 14-16. She is doing great and I do hope she won't gain it back but sadly weight loss is sooo hard to keep off. The smallest I ever wore was a 4 and that was at about 113-116 pounds at 5'5" but mostly a 6 or 8. I don't think Kirsty is at that weight Chelsey Kane looks like she weighs
    about 108-110 probably wears a 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    There is no way that Kirsty is wearing a 2-4. Could it have said 24? It think she is probably at a 16 or 18 but if TV is adding lots to her frame then maybe she is a 14-16. She is doing great and I do hope she won't gain it back but sadly weight loss is sooo hard to keep off. The smallest I ever wore was a 4 and that was at about 113-116 pounds at 5'5" but mostly a 6 or 8. I don't think Kirsty is at that weight Chelsey Kane looks like she weighs
    about 108-110 probably wears a 2.
    I wear a size 2, but I'm very short and NOT skinny. I remember trying on a size 0 years ago at a Nordstrum and it was bigger than a size 6 I had in my closet that was a few years old. Sizes are all over the map. I had a size 8 I bought YEARS ago that was smaller than a newer size 2. Ehh Sizes mean nothing in reality.

You are so right Allie. Sizes are all over the place it's hard to say what size we really wear. They really have us all mixed up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    You are so right Allie. Sizes are all over the place it's hard to say what size we really wear. They really have us all mixed up!!!
    This is true. When I was on the thin size I bought a jacket size 4 and skirt size 2 at Banana Republic. I was soooo happy. I have kept them too!
    Ann Taylor always had such large clothes. I remember looking at most of their clothes and thinking how huge they were. I even bought a size 0 in one of their shirts. (It did have lycra in it.) I weighed over 120 at the time.

Whatever size Kirstie is, she is going to have a huge celebration for her hardwork and accomplishments! She has inspired me to go for better health.

+ Reply to Thread