+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

I love the girl, but there is no way she is a normal size 2-4 I'd even be shocked if she was an 8 or 10. She looks great and I'm so happy for her, but I just don't believe that she's that small

eta - noreality, you beat me to it
    Last edited by northernviewer; 05-10-2011 at 05:48 PM.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

norealityhere: Thank you! I was posting that tongue in cheek! I am a bit younger than Kirstie, and I'm a size 8: When she said she was now a 2-4, I wanted to hang myself! I didn't think I looked heavy and I'm 5'7". I just came in off the ledge due to your post!!!

Yeah, i wish she and whoever is speaking on her behalf would let go of the numbers game. It doesn't matter what she weighs or what size she is. She's not any better because she is an 8 or a 16. IMO and based on what sizes, I have been in my life, she is probably somewhere between a 10 and 12 in upscale clothes.

It could be that the wardrobe makers are trying to make her feel good by sewing her costumes and telling her they are a size 4. I wish they wouldn't do that. If Kirstie is a 2-4, what size is Chelsea? Minus 6? LOL

FORT Fogey

I sincerely doubt Kirstie is anywhere even near a size 12. She mentioned to Maks during rehearsal she was doing 1400 calories a day, and she does look like she has lost weight, but she looks like a size 16 or 18 to me. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    There is no way she is down to a size 2 - 4.
    The camera would really have to be adding way, way more weight than it does.

In the words of Chandler Bing to Monica's "The camera adds 10 lbs" - "How many cameras were on you?"

Love ya Kirstie - but in the real world you're prolly somewhere around a 10/12.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    There is no way she is down to a size 2 - 4.
    The camera would really have to be adding way, way more weight than it does.
    NO WAY! I wear a size 2 & weigh 100 pounds. I am not saying she doesn't look great, she does but be truthfull here about it. My waist is 26". I never weighed more than 115 & that was when I was 9 months pregnant.

Kirstie weighed much, much more than that. Skin that has been stretched out that much for an extended amount of time doesn't not just get flat & firm expecially after a woman passes menopause. I have a friend who lost over 150 pounds whose abdomen looked like a deflated balloon. Why do you think gastic bypass patients usually done to have excess skin removed....just sayin...

Sorry but Spanx can not control that much body.

I wear between a 6 and an 8, depending on the manufacturer. I weight 140 lbs and am 5"5. No way is she a size 2 or 4. When I was a size 4, I was TINY. Too tiny for my frame if I'm being honest. I would guess she's between a 14 and a 16. She really does look great, though. I think she looks better in her rehearsal clothes. The costumes they make her wear do her no favors.

I want to see her make the finals but I'm a little worried about her. She acts lightheaded a lot and she seems really tired. I think Maks needs to pay more attention to her calorie intake. When you are working as hard as she is, you need more calories. She could up her intake a bit and still lose weight. Just choose healthier foods.

I love the relationship she and Maks have. They are adorable and they are flirty but not so much that it feels creepy. You can tell he's enjoying himself this season.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Kirstie is headed towards being fat again. With her limited intake of food and her schedule as it is now she's able to lose/maintain the weight loss. Once the daily grind is over, and she's back to her old routine, she's going to binge again - she knows that's her problem.

When she was on Oprah for the infamous bathing suit reveal she talked about how she ate like it didn't matter and she didnt' really care. How long before she thinks she's fine where she is and thinks she can start eating again like 'the diet' is over and the dancing isn't part of her daily routine.

After each dance last week she was still so winded - by now shouldn't she be more used to doing a 2 minute routine without getting that winded?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

The only way Kirstie is a size 2 or 4 now is if we are talking sizes 0,1,2,3 etc. Since the expensive designer fashions are sized much bigger (I could wear a 4, whereas I normally wear an 8 and can squeeze into a 6 in a pinch), I bet she is probably getting into 10's by now with the help of spanx. In every picture I've seen of her recently, her dress was really tight, so she is probably trying to fit into the smallest size possible, even if she can hardly breathe. I think this is just part of her "go for broke" nature, which also would account for the extreme dieting she is doing.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    I sincerely doubt Kirstie is anywhere even near a size 12. She mentioned to Maks during rehearsal she was doing 1400 calories a day, and she does look like she has lost weight, but she looks like a size 16 or 18 to me. JMHO.
    I don't think she is a 12 either. I border a 10-12 and I am a lot smaller than she is. But, she is doing great and I hope she keeps it up. Love her and Maks
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread