+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    Hasn't she said in the past that she has been wanting to do the show for awhile? I think she will work hard when the cameras are gone but play up being out of shape when they are there.

Maksim...
    The show's been after Kirstie to do the show for several seasons. She was even rumored last time, but said she always chickened out. I'm glad she finally gave in. I second your comment about Maks

I think this will be a good way for her to lose some of the weight...remember how much Marie osmond lost during her show I have also noticed that quite a few of the stars that appear to be heavy at the beginning really trim down a lot if they stay on the show a while..its a lot of exercise every day but I hope she does well..and it doesn't hurt that her partner is some of the best eye candy this show has...lol
    Warren Sapp and Kelly Osbourne are two good examples of people who had dramatic weight losses on the show. Kelly even said doing the show gave her an image makeover and made her stick to staying slim. I know Kirstie is going to get the fat jokes made at her expense. And I worry there will be expectations of her that'll fall flat. I don't think she'll win, but I hope she just goes out, tries her hardest, and has a good time in the process. I've been enjoying reading her and Maks's tweets. Sounds like they're having a lot of fun. She might be what he needs in a partner, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    The show's been after Kirstie to do the show for several seasons. She was even rumored last time, but said she always chickened out. I'm glad she finally gave in. I second your comment about Maks

Warren Sapp and Kelly Osbourne are two good examples of people who had dramatic weight losses on the show. Kelly even said doing the show gave her an image makeover and made her stick to staying slim. I know Kirstie is going to get the fat jokes made at her expense. And I worry there will be expectations of her that'll fall flat. I don't think she'll win, but I hope she just goes out, tries her hardest, and has a good time in the process. I've been enjoying reading her and Maks's tweets. Sounds like they're having a lot of fun. She might be what he needs in a partner, and vice versa.
    Hope she has fun and that they stick around for awhile..
    I have just discovered the word...Smellfungus and will endeavor to use it someday.

Kirstie just posted or tweeted her and Maks' phone number for voting, and the last 2 digits are 11, so they will be going last tonight. The producers are really going to be playing up the angle of her being the main draw this season (as the commercials would indicate). I just hope it isn't a repeat of the Hoff.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Kirstie just posted or tweeted her and Maks' phone number for voting, and the last 2 digits are 11, so they will be going last tonight. The producers are really going to be playing up the angle of her being the main draw this season (as the commercials would indicate). I just hope it isn't a repeat of the Hoff.
    That's sort of what I'm thinking will happen. Everyone knows Kirstie so the only thing that would be surprising is if she turns out to be a better dancer or completely bombs in the comedy department. Much like Wendy, I think her personality will grate on those that don't care for her, along with those who might be in the middle if she plays it up too much. It's why I said I think there's expectations that she may fall flat on, especially if the viewers vote elsewhere for someone who does surprise them.

I'm completely excited for tonight. The producers have indeed been after her for quite some time, so it's not surprising that they'd save her for the second hour.

I can't wait to see the rehearsal package. I can imagine that they'll be a lot of fun, but I hope she knocks it out of the park as well.

Maybe there's hope for Maks to win this season after all Whatever he did to Kirstie to do what she did tonight, he needs to keep doing it. After talking to my mom, who isn't a Kirstie fan by any stretch, she told me she's rooting for these two. I remember her being equally as surprised by Pamela Anderson. I can't wait for many more weeks of these two! And I'm glad it looks like Maks will have an enjoyable season this time.

Kirstie kicked butt tonight!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    Kirstie kicked butt tonight!
    I can't tell you how surprised and impressed I was by Kirstie tonight.
    According to a media article, she was petrified to perform live; however, 60 year-old, too pleasingly plump Kirstie absolutely nailed that cha-cha and entertained the heck out of me in the process.
    In addition, I don't know who was more excited: Bruno, Maks, the audience, or Kirstie.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Loved Kirstie and Maks lastnight Not really surprised that Kirstie can dance as I'm pretty sure that she dances for excercise. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember a few years back when she had lost some weight she was on the Oprah show (I think that was the show anyway) and there was a clip of her "exer-dancing" (my made up word) in high heels. It wasn't any dance class per se, just that she found dancing more enjoyable than normal excercising and for some reason the high heels made the experience better. I think the girl just has natural rhythm and with her pure determination she'll just get better and better and thinner during the coming weeks. I think that some of the other professionals that might have been snickering at Maks for getting paired with her..... aren't snickering anymore
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    Loved Kirstie and Maks lastnight Not really surprised that Kirstie can dance as I'm pretty sure that she dances for excercise. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember a few years back when she had lost some weight she was on the Oprah show (I think that was the show anyway) and there was a clip of her "exer-dancing" (my made up word) in high heels. It wasn't any dance class per se, just that she found dancing more enjoyable than normal excercising and for some reason the high heels made the experience better. I think the girl just has natural rhythm and with her pure determination she'll just get better and better and thinner during the coming weeks. I think that some of the other professionals that might have been snickering at Maks for getting paired with her..... aren't snickering anymore
    I would have loved to seen all the others expressions after K&M danced. Or even during the dance. Of course, I'd like to see the reactions of the ones not dancing all the time.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread