+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I figure with as much dislike as I have toward Mark, he'll win. That's just my luck I hesitated putting a pic of Romeo/Chelsie as my avatar just because I didn't want to jinx them. Always seems like I have the kiss of death for my favorites.

Then you should get a Mark and Chelsea avatar! Hurry and do it before Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyDelaney View Post
    Thank you, you two. Love reading sensible posts by people who tell it like it is.

Maks' mom had him when she was barely 15 and is only 46, which makes her 14 years Kirstie Alley's junior! Maks' dad, as you correctly stated, turned 50 last year, which makes Kirstie a cougar for Maks' dad!!! She'd be an entirely different specie for Maks.

I think the chemistry between them is charming, but unlike what he had with Erin, it has no hint whatsoever of romance to it. To think otherwise is delusional, in my opinion. Not to be disrespectful, but I think the shipping is being driven by women of a certain age who see Kirstie having a fabulous time with a sexy 31 year old hunk, and are living vicariously through her. But c'mon, there is no way Maks would be interested in her (romantically or sexually). That's just the truth.

My first post here. Long time lurker. Excited to finally join in the fun.
    KrazyDelaney! Very nice first post. I think their playfulness is charming and a breath of fresh air.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I am built sorta like Kirstie where my weight is in my legs and butt with smaller at top. I am a size 10 and half her size....and if I am dillusional enough to think I'm half her size and am her size then I have some serious weight loss (not just 20lbs) ahead of me and I need to up my work out to run 6 miles a day instead of 3 miles and add another day or two of weight training. Not that she looks bad but I can't see her being a size 10.
    I'd put money on Kirstie being sz 18. In addition to being overweight, Kirstie is on the tall side (5' 7.5" according to IMDB) and not small-framed.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Then you should get a Mark and Chelsea avatar! Hurry and do it before Monday!
    It never seems to work like that...but if Romeo goes home and Mark lives on, it might be worth a shot

Kirstie's jive was a bit of a mess tonight. She and Maks looked disappointed standing there at the end. She seems to hold up really well, considering her age and size (I'm much younger and I don't think I could do it). I do worry, though, that 2 dances may take their toll. I think the jive was a hard dance style, which is why I was hoping she'd get it out of the way early on. But I think/hope she and Maks have the fan base to hang in there. I'm really hoping to see them in the finals. Since it's DWTS, I probably would have given them 7s across the board. However, from my own stand point I think that jive was 5 and 6 worthy at best.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-03-2011 at 04:32 AM.

FORT Fogey

For the first time voting on a show, EVER, I called last night for Kirsty. I got through 7 times in a row with no busy. Their jive was not good and she is far from the best dancer but I want to see her make it much further. I adore this couple!

I love this couple too and thought it was funny when she told one of the judges that she got so cought up in the acting part that she forgot to move her feet! However, I just hope that that doesn't get them eliminated tonight!
    Last edited by Coco46; 05-03-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I too think that 2 dances were too much for her in one night and that due to her age. I think that Ralph and Kirstie should have been given the last 2 dance spots of the night to let their bodies rest a bit before their second dance. Felt bad for Kirstie last night but voted for her anyway.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I'd put money on Kirstie being sz 18. In addition to being overweight, Kirstie is on the tall side (5' 7.5" according to IMDB) and not small-framed.
    I agree with you....and I'm 5'7" so we are close to the exact height and same build and I'm medium framed.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

I am sure Kristy would give her size honestly to any who inquired. The claim of size 6 came from who knows where. There is so much misinformation floating around it is hard to believe much. I want to see her in a sitcom again, no matter what size she is!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I am sure Kristy would give her size honestly to any who inquired. The claim of size 6 came from who knows where. There is so much misinformation floating around it is hard to believe much. I want to see her in a sitcom again, no matter what size she is!
    I hope her career gets revived after this too - just not a weight related show. She needs to "change the subject" so to speak and just live her life.... she's one funny lady and should capitalize on that regardless of her size.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

+ Reply to Thread