+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

FORT Fogey

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Is she saying she's a size 6?? I think she forgot the 1 that goes in front of 16
    She carries a lot of weight in her legs. Her torso could easily be an expensive 6. The camera adds weight and we are visually comparing her to the other thin women. Not on purpose, just a fact that there are zeros all around her. Put her next to a contestant on the Biggest Loser half way through and she would appear to be at goal weight if wearing pants.

On the show How Do I Look, they have had a number of challenges where a contestant has to line up a row of women from heaviest to lighest. The catch is that they all wear the same size.

Yeah, Kirstie has lost a lot weight, but even if the cameras add 10 pounds, she is not a six in any type of clothing IMO. I have been anywhere from a 2-16 and even in very nice, designer clothing, a 6 would not accomodate someone over 150 IMO. Regardless, she looks wonderful and I hope she keeps on a roll.

I heard her say in an interview that she ran on the treadmill before joining the show until she could run for one hour without stopping. She thought that she was ready at that point. SHe can't believe how winded she gets from dancing for only a minute or two. I find it odd too.

If I recall, the "size 6" line came from a single article in a UK Paper, so for all we know it was a typo.

This Daily Mail article claims size 10, so maybe it was corrected without a retraction, or maybe they're just bumping the number up a little each week...

Fat Actress no more! Kirstie Alley shows off weight loss after squeezing into skintight size 10 dress
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I wonder where she gets her pantyhose. You know she needs full nude panty hose, but she also needs CONTROL like a spanx. So I wonder what she does. Hmmm. I wish we could find out.

She looks fabulous in those photos - I can only hope to look that good at 60!! She's a hawt tamale!!
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Ti11ie View Post
    I'm getting a little worried for these two. Although the dance was good, they didn't quite have the chemistry last night that they've had in previous weeks. And if you've followed their tweets since they first teamed up, you may notice as I have that they aren't interacting nearly as much or in the same way as they were for the first several weeks. Kirstie is still Kirstie, but it almost seems like Maks is over his crush. I hope the honeymoon's not over...at least not till the show is over.

Maks has always been my bad boy favorite, but his previous partnerships have left him and the win just out of his reach. I guess we're supposed to root for the celebrities, but after 12 seasons of this show, you just can't help but become a fan of some of the pros. Team G-Mak is the first partnership in those 12 seasons where I've actually rooted for the pro and the celeb equally. Like many of you on the board, I want someone besides Mark or Derek to win. And I want it to be Maks. And Kirstie is my favorite celeb ever to be on this show. She is funny, engaging, sexy...and girl can move! I just want to see that first night magic again.

Go Kirstie and Maks!

From their media appearances and packages, it seems like all is well. By this point in the game, the couples have been forced into intimacy just by sharing physical space. It's almost like being in a relationship, a line that always seems blurred on this show. For as much as Maks and Kirstie adore each other, I think that any reference romance between them might be used by Maks and Kirstie to keep people intrigued. It worked fabulously for Maks and Erin. Anyway, like any relationship, I think that they're now more comfortable with each other and probably talk more like peer-to-peer once he got over Kirstie's star status. As friends, they probably regularly communicate and fight like Maks does with all of his partners.

I do expect her to make the finals unless she really can't keep up with two dances per week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wonder where she gets her pantyhose. You know she needs full nude panty hose, but she also needs CONTROL like a spanx. So I wonder what she does. Hmmm. I wish we could find out.
    If you go to the Spanx website you will see exactly what she wears. They have everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    If I recall, the "size 6" line came from a single article in a UK Paper, so for all we know it was a typo.

This Daily Mail article claims size 10, so maybe it was corrected without a retraction, or maybe they're just bumping the number up a little each week...

Fat Actress no more! Kirstie Alley shows off weight loss after squeezing into skintight size 10 dress
    going by that article, sounds like she's wearing what would be an American 14.... that looks about right to me so happy for her.... way to go Kirstie

eta... disregard, I don't know how I came up with that LOL..... she says an american 6
    Last edited by northernviewer; 04-27-2011 at 03:22 PM.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    going by that article, sounds like she's wearing what would be an American 14.... that looks about right to me so happy for her.... way to go Kirstie

eta... disregard, I don't know how I came up with that LOL..... she says an american 6
    Do we really know Kristy said she wears a 6? Things in the press are so often dead wrong. A 14 does look right as I just rewatched her on part of the show last night.

I wear Spanx all the time and I love the whole line. When Kirstie was on Oprah in that 2 piece bathing suit, she had a full body stocking on.

+ Reply to Thread