+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Mak's blog in which he mentions "sex on a stick."

Dancing's Maks: "Sex on a Stick" Monologue Was Brilliant - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

Hope you had a great week! Thanks for voting for us!

OK, so the "sex on a stick" speech. I was auditioning for a Woody Allen movie or something! I don't know what was going on there. I think it had a little Vince Vaughn delivery. After I said all of that, Kirstie was like, "OK, don't ever do that again." It all just sort of came out. The thing is, where I'm from in the Ukraine, we are known for a certain sense of humor and satire. When it's midnight and it's just us boys hanging out on a balcony, things come out and they're hilarious. If somebody films us, they'll understand it's just us being us. It was the same situation here. I don't want people to think I'm out of my freaking mind; I was just being funny about myself. I do think I'm sex on a stick! Ha! I thought the whole thing was brilliant. The package caught me by surprise. I didn't actually see it play in the studio, so I walk in and the entire red room is dying. Chelsea has tears in her eyes and Mark is on the floor. I had totally forgotten about it. I do want to say I apologize for any offense, but when I said it, it was truly an outer-body experience. Charlie Sheen may be normal compared to me! Still, it couldn't have come at a perfect time. In the past week, I gave my shirt to Oprah, danced the foxtrot in leather pants, took off my shirt to reveal a tattoo of the American flag and had a monologue about sex stick! According to Kirstie, I had another crazy monologue — not about sex stick — but we'll see if the producers ever air that!

I thought our foxtrot was great. Val said, "I know you have 'American Woman,' but I cannot hear it as a foxtrot." And it was the same for me. It's not a traditional foxtrot at all. I was waiting to see what we're going to come up with. I like that Kirstie trusts me. I don't know how much now after the sex stick speech! My only worry was that this may be the only time she'll ever get to do the foxtrot and it wasn't a traditional one. But she didn't mind. I also like that it was very different from everything else that night. It wasn't a "Yankee Doodle Dandy" performance. We represented the Rock 'N' Roll side of America. My post-mortem on it though is that we danced to a song originally by a Canadian artist that was telling an American woman to get away. The irony! But I think most people understood that we were channeling the Lenny Kravitz version.

Oh, and how could I forget! No mishaps this week. I think it was the dance doctor's doing. The juju is gone, so we won't have to lock ourselves in a closet for a year!

Next week, we have the samba. It's guilty pleasures week. We didn't choose the song, so it has nothing to do with Kirstie's guilty pleasure, so there will be no portrayal or acting out of the song. We are in New York this week and are trying to split time between rehearsals and hanging out. It feels great to be home! Everyone was saying how crappy the weather here has been the past few weeks, but our first day here, it was nothing but sunshine, so I guess we brought the sunshine!

It was very sad to see Petra leaving. She's a beautiful person inside and obviously out, but even more so on the inside. She's been through a lot and she's always come out on top. She has an amazing foundation that she started and I hope everybody will check it out. While I didn't want to see her go, the next question is: Well, who would you have rather seen go? And my answer is I don't know. I don't know if I'd like to see anyone go at this point. It's getting tougher every week and right now we're just accepting the rules of the game that someone, unfortunately, will be gone every week.

One last thing: I want to thank all our fans again for the support. It's always heartfelt and always real, and Kirstie and I appreciate it.

That's all for now! Thanks for reading!

Loved his blog - too funny
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

the juju is gone,reminds me that I have been wanting to watch Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil again!!!

FORT Fogey

Fingers crossed for Kirstie and Maks tonight that they hit it out of the park. All their fans need to vote so they are not in the bottom 3 again. I hardly watch til they are on the screen. They just make me smile watching them dance. And Kirstie, at 60, looks and acts 10-15 years younger. They are having fun and it comes through on the screen. Go Maks and Kirstie!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Fingers crossed for Kirstie and Maks tonight that they hit it out of the park. All their fans need to vote so they are not in the bottom 3 again. I hardly watch til they are on the screen. They just make me smile watching them dance. And Kirstie, at 60, looks and acts 10-15 years younger. They are having fun and it comes through on the screen. Go Maks and Kirstie!!!!!
    I hope they do well. I think she has been trying to boost her votes by appearing on so many shows lately. She was on Oprah, Regis and Kelly, Tonight Show, and something else too. I hope she had time enough to practice!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I hope they do well. I think she has been trying to boost her votes by appearing on so many shows lately. She was on Oprah, Regis and Kelly, Tonight Show, and something else too. I hope she had time enough to practice!
    Well, I've missed seeing Kirstie, but Chris Jericho/Cheryl Burke are all over the TV. They were on Ellen today, and all the late night shows recently. I don't blame them, trying to get out there and hope for more fans.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    This is part of PR for the show and driven by the producers. There are others doing this circuit too. The bigger the star the more in demand they are to be a guest, as well.

FORT Fogey

Kirstie was on QVC on Saturday, selling her Organic Liaison weight loss system. She said she had lost 60 lbs. before going on DWTS and has lost more since then with the help of the weight loss program. She really does look great. Of course, they also talked about her DWTS appearance so not only was she selling the product, it was another opportunity to garner votes from DWTS fans in the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    Kirstie was on QVC on Saturday, selling her Organic Liaison weight loss system. She said she had lost 60 lbs. before going on DWTS and has lost more since then with the help of the weight loss program. She really does look great. Of course, they also talked about her DWTS appearance so not only was she selling the product, it was another opportunity to garner votes from DWTS fans in the audience.
    Apparently Organic Liaison is one of many businesses operated by the Church of Scientology. Personally I'd rather live with the excess avoirdupois than support Scientology.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post

wow - how big was she?? I didn't think she was that big cuz if I had to guess she's prolly in the ballpark of 175-185 - was she really as big as 250+
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread