+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

FORT Fogey

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Maks saying he's not freaking out about things is soooo true. He seems happier, more relaxed and having more fun than I can ever remember. Last season I wondered if he'd ever do this another because he was tired, negative and stressed. This season he's a totally different person. I'd like to think it's Kirstie, but who knows?
    I think she has a lot to do with it. It almost seems as though he has a little crush. They are likely to remain friends and that is a big deal for Mak, to have a connection like that. I am NOT implying that he is courting her because of her celebrity, not at all! They really have good chemistry and enjoy each other.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I think she has a lot to do with it. It almost seems as though he has a little crush. They are likely to remain friends and that is a big deal for Mak, to have a connection like that. I am NOT implying that he is courting her because of her celebrity, not at all! They really have good chemistry and enjoy each other.
    Yes, a crush! So you see it, too, huh? This is my favorite partnership to date--DWTS began years ago, but this is the first time I've ever been inclined to vote. I hope they pull themselves back to the top again. Their first dance was my favorite so far and I want them to get back to that.

FORT Fan

When is/was Maks starring in the Ukraine Bachelor show?? I noticed his new demeanor as well, but I figured that he had found a new hot Ukrainian bachelorette on the show!! New (and regular) lovin' can make a beast turn into a sweetie....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    When is/was Maks starring in the Ukraine Bachelor show?? I noticed his new demeanor as well, but I figured that he had found a new hot Ukrainian bachelorette on the show!! New (and regular) lovin' can make a beast turn into a sweetie....
    The show filmed last November into I think February. From the articles I read, assuming they were translated correctly, it was in the contract that Maks had to propose to someone. So if he has found his lady love, I can see why he'd be so happy Love seemed to mellow Karina out. Doesn't hurt that he and Kirstie have a wonderful partnership this season with a lot to be proud of.

I think how the pros feel has a lot to do with their partners, and this time around he's having a blast and is having fun.

When the pros have a difficult celeb it's less fun for them. I'm thing Maks/Brandy, Tony/Kate, Chelsie/Jake, and even poor Louis seems less than his chipper self with Kendra.

Kirstie and Maks just make me smile. I do believe there is an equal balance of respect. A lot of celebs come in with an attitude, and I just don't see that with Kirstie.

I also think Maks seems a lot more relaxed and happier this season.

FORT Fogey

She was on Regis this morning. I know we have talked about our unfair bias toward women based on appearance, but I have never been a fan of K. Even thin she always had a blowsy look about her... the hair is too long and too wildfor her age ( and weight). She had on a long black gown with one shoulder....lots of material and not appropriate for 9 am. The hair look worse than normal and she was constantly pushing it back as it was hanging in her face. One would have thought that she just came from an after-hours club right to the studio.

By now, you would think that she would have a stylist....god knows she needs one.

The curious thing to me would be if someone of a similar age but slender were to make the same style choices, would the same criticism hold true? Maybe it would, but it seems that heavier people are held to a stricter standard than those who are thin. I don't like all her choices and whomever was responsible for her costume Monday night should be shot, but fair is fair.

FORT Fogey

I did say that even when she was thin, I always thought that she was blowsy looking...the hair has been a mess for too long. It would be age inappropriate, but it would be ugly on anybody. A long one shoulder gown at 9 am again is inappropriate for anybody at any age or weight.

i thought Kirstie looked great on Regis and Kelly She wore the same dress she wore for dinner the night before....no biggy to me. Black is slimming and you can really tell that she's lost weight, especially in that dress

As for her costume on Monday, I thought that the bottom part should have been a skirt, not the bell
    -bottomed pants... definitely a bad choice for whoever dressed her, but I liked the 70's look otherwise, with the headband in her hair, that was very decade appropriate, but a flowing skirt would have been too.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

+ Reply to Thread