+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Do you think their appearance on Oprah will inspire more votes?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maks shirtless and in leather pants Kirstie was there? And they danced? I hope they get the encore.

If Oprah doesn't inspire votes, hopefully Maks's costume choice does.

"American Woman" was a horrible choice for a paso song back when Natalie Coughlin got eliminated after dancing to it during season 9, and it was a horrible choice for their foxtrot. But I think Kirstie/Maks did a fantastic job with it. It may not have been quite a traditional foxtrot, but it's hard to come up with a traditional dance with that song. I think their scores were right on the mark. I'm glad their were no mishaps this week for them.

I'm really enjoying these two together. Maks seems to be having so much fun. It's like the Erin and Mel B Makses combined but better!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Loved seeing John Travolta drop by!

There is a whole different dynamic happening between Kirstie and Maks that he never experienced with his previous partners. Whatever it is I want to see more of it.

Maks shirtless + Leather Pants = Muy Caliente
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    There is a whole different dynamic happening between Kirstie and Maks that he never experienced with his previous partners. Whatever it is I want to see more of it.

Yes. He has never had a real star but it is more than that. Kirsty is confident, witty and there is a power balance. They respect each other and their individual talents. No drama with Kirsty; she is having fun and that is key. I think he may be a bit in awe of her, as well. He was blown away to see John walk in. There is no other arena, in his life, where he would come in contact with anyone as famous as these two. He is clearly dazzled.

Yes, yes, yes!! Maks is sure looking a lot happier this season. So much better than that pouty, mad attitude he carried around for so long. I am enjoying his performances so much more now!!
    Kirstie is fantastic!! What a terrific personality! Love her spunk, love her dance!!!
    John Travolta, my most favorite actor EVER!!! what a joy to see him, smiling and having fun too!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Maks shirtless and in leather pants Kirstie was there? And they danced? I hope they get the encore.

If Oprah doesn't inspire votes, hopefully Maks's costume choice does.

"American Woman" was a horrible choice for a paso song back when Natalie Coughlin got eliminated after dancing to it during season 9, and it was a horrible choice for their foxtrot. But I think Kirstie/Maks did a fantastic job with it. It may not have been quite a traditional foxtrot, but it's hard to come up with a traditional dance with that song. I think their scores were right on the mark. I'm glad their were no mishaps this week for them.
    ITA about the awful choice of music, except to say while "American Woman" was at least "workable" for a paso, it created an absolutely "no win" situation for a foxtrot IMO. I knew Len would hate it, but I'd love to see him try to choreograph what he'd consider an appropriate foxtrot to that music. I suspect Maks realized that they were somewhat screwed and that's why he agreed to go the pleather pants route again, after swearing last season he wouldn't ever wear them again because they were so uncomfortable. (Think he was pulling them down backstage like he told us he did with last season's grey ones to cool off under the hot lights? Hmmm....)

So I guess for me, it was a wash; while I feel robbed of seeing a real witty and playful foxtrot from Kirstie (which I suspect would have suited her dancing to a T, and she would have nailed it), I got to see Maks in all his splendor again as a result of the wonky music.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post

I dont see it. I have tried, she giggles a lot, like she is 14. She always sounds like she is out of breath. Its like she wants to get on the floor, dance and get off ASAP. I am not buying what she is offering.

Maks saying he's not freaking out about things is soooo true. He seems happier, more relaxed and having more fun than I can ever remember. Last season I wondered if he'd ever do this another because he was tired, negative and stressed. This season he's a totally different person. I'd like to think it's Kirstie, but who knows?

+ Reply to Thread