+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Hasn't she said in the past that she has been wanting to do the show for awhile? I think she will work hard when the cameras are gone but play up being out of shape when they are there.

Maksim...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maks has probably been on the luckier end of getting partners than Jonathan or his BFF Tony. However, in a Derek free season (as I view Derek as the main competition for anyone-and I do say that based on talent and his partners), I was hoping Maks would finally get the win that's eluded him and should have been his at least once (don't get me started on him and Mel B losing in season 5). Erin I think was a surprise contender but without the showmance and her personal drama outside the show, I question if they would have even gotten as far as they did. However, taking Nicole out of the equation, I think that would have been Evan's to lose (another sore subject of a season for me )

I like Kirstie and while I'm not counting on much, she did look better in her first rehearsal than I expected. I'm thankful she can get her latin dance out of the way week 1 and doesn't have to do the jive before the first elimination. Somehow I think that'd be a disaster. But she might surprise me. Kirstie and Maks are each polarizing so I'll be curious where they end up. She's probably one of the better known of the cast and might be expected by producers to go far. However, they expected the same thing from the Hoff. However, I'll definitely be rooting for them
    Last edited by karalott; 03-17-2011 at 12:08 AM.

I really admire Kirstie's courage in doing this show. She is always the target of such mean, fat jokes. She has to be so brave to put that aside and go on a major show in which people examine your body every week. It's really amazing she can do that. What a woman. I'm sure there will be mean comments about her size, in fact, they have already started, but I hope she makes them look silly by doing well. Go Kirstie!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I really admire Kirstie's courage in doing this show. She is always the target of such mean, fat jokes. She has to be so brave to put that aside and go on a major show in which people examine your body every week. It's really amazing she can do that. What a woman. I'm sure there will be mean comments about her size, in fact, they have already started, but I hope she makes them look silly by doing well. Go Kirstie!
    I dont like her, I never have.I do wish her lots of luck though.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-17-2011 at 02:07 PM.

I'm glad Kirstie is having fun and losing weight dancing like she wanted to.

Excited to see this couple on the dance floor. Like both of their personalities.

I am surprised how well Maks is handling teaching Kirstie some basic dance moves.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Dancing's Maks: No One Knows What to Expect From Kirstie - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

Maks's first blog of the season:

Hi everyone!

Hope you had a great week!

Well, we're just a few days away. Everything's looking good. We are polishing up our cha-cha. Kirstie's improvement and progress grow in leaps and bounds every day. I'm so proud of her. It's important that she feels comfortable in her own skin. Her practice attire has changed. We've been rehearsing hard and long. It's been very interesting to see the transformation. I've had great partners before, but this is the first time I can see the transformation within a 24-hour period. I can't wait for Monday.

We have so much fun in rehearsals that sometimes it's hard to believe we get any work done. But we do! We joke and laugh all the time, but at the same time, she's very determined and I'm very determined, so we know how to focus and get to work. There hasn't been any "drama." I think she cries every night when she gets home and has to ice everything, but everyone does that! She's embracing it so well. She wants every moment we have in the studio. She's into everything: thinking about ideas, what songs we could dance to, costumes. I love her participation.

Our cha-cha is just going to be a straight-out cha-cha. Nothing fancy or out there. It's very hard to tame the Kirstie Alley in Kirstie Alley, but she's so responsible with the choreography. I had to tell her to enjoy it so she doesn't over-think it.

I want to help Kirstie prove everything to herself and to others. I don't think people dismiss us per se, but no one knows what to expect from her. She has a huge following and people who look up to her, but even her supporters really don't know what to expect. That's the fun part. No one knows yet except for production. She's funny, but what will she dance like? She's in a category of her own. She does not fit into any category of the previous celebrities we've had on. We're going to come out and do our thing on Monday. My goal is for her to stand out in this very able cast we have a great bunch, from young people who are going to be great, athletes and a lot of personalities. I just want Kirstie to stand out and create her own spotlight. I'm not saying she's a dark horse because no one can predict these things. I haven't seen one poll or predictions piece this season not that I'm not interested, but I just haven't. But you never know who could surprise in a good or bad way. I just know that from my past experience, it isn't about the polls and predictions because they don't really come true.

I have no idea how anyone else is doing. Everybody's back in town now and we'll have camera-blocking on Sunday. I'm not interested in watching others. I'm very happy with being preoccupied with Kirstie. It's fun. There's not a boring moment. A lot of the time, when people are running into your rehearsals, they're taking a break or have nothing else to do. Even when we are taking a break, we just talk. She's very smart. I learned a lot from her, so we're not interested in spying on everyone else.

As of right now, I have no idea what else production has planned for the premiere. I'm sure they're planning some opening. I'm just excited to get it all started. I think this season is going to be interesting.

Everything else is going great. Sleep is so big now. He's growing up before my eyes! He's just big and happy and very cute! He won't be coming out to L.A. though. I don't think it's healthy for a pet that's never flown. He's a New Yorker anyway. When I come home, it takes him about five minutes, but he remembers me and it's all good.

One last thing I want to tell you all about is my jewelry line that's coming out next month on Amazon.com. People have been asking me about my bracelets and stuff, so now you can get them yourselves! It's men's jewelry, but we think anyone can wear them. No name yet. We're still finalizing that, but I'll let you know first!

That's all for now! Thanks for reading!

Maks

Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    Hasn't she said in the past that she has been wanting to do the show for awhile? I think she will work hard when the cameras are gone but play up being out of shape when they are there.

Maksim...
    I love Kristie tooo..but I have to wonder if she will come out and say this is just another great way to lose weight...lol I think a lot of american women can identify with her because of the ups and downs with the weight problems..I know I do..me and her also share the same b/d so I will have to root for her
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think this will be a good way for her to lose some of the weight...remember how much Marie osmond lost during her show I have also noticed that quite a few of the stars that appear to be heavy at the beginning really trim down a lot if they stay on the show a while..its a lot of exercise every day but I hope she does well..and it doesn't hurt that her partner is some of the best eye candy this show has...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread