+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Lets not forget that Kirstie is an actress and a very good one. So she and Maks have done a great job of keeping people guessing. You know what I mean? I like it. JMO
    Me too! Saw them on Oprah today and she said that her crush on Jamie Foxx is over now, Maks is her new crush Whatever it is they are doing, it's working for them
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

All I can say is Maks better watch out if he ever offered me a kiss

I am just loving this duo. It takes me back to the days of Mel/Maks when I first fell in love with Maks. I hope they have no more mishaps and that Kirstie hangs in there. It'd be great to see Maks finally get a win, especially with a partner like her. That'd definitely be a DWTS story for the books. She's working so hard, and I hope her injuries don't get in the way of her chances.

FORT Fogey

I've watched every season of DWTS and this is the first time that Maks looks like he's really having fun. He's smiling and actually laughing more than he ever did. I think he's comfortable with Kirstie because of the age difference, he is not trying to win her or prove something to her, like he seems to do with women his own age. He genuinely likes her and the little flirting they do is really cute. Kirstie is a very funny person, her twitter is hilarious, and I think she keeps him cracking up. She has loosened Maks up and brought out a side of him I didn't know he had, plus he's very kind and understanding to Kirstie. As for Kirstie, she may be 60, but she ain't dead and knows a hunk when she sees him!

I'm 65 and know a hunk when I see one...lol!! Really am enjoying this pair this season. I have never been a big Kirstie fan, as so many have stated here, but am loving what I see with these two. Hope they go far!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey

I think Kirstie is a beautiful spunky seemingly down to earth girl. I wish people would quit criticizing her over her weight. People are different sizes, and it makes me sick that it is seemingly ok to poke at people that are not rail thin. My husband is a teacher and he told me that after the first episode one of the girls in his class, second grade mind you, was talking to another girl and he heard her tell her that her mother said if she ever got as fat as that girl she would not get a date. Can you imagine that? My husband is continually shocked at what parents teach their children.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

That's just so sad MHcarrollton. To me Kirstie is a role model, not someone to be made fun of. We all come in different shapes and sizes...there is NO perfect body. If only society could be more accepting and children brought up to love themselves as they are, not to have to change themselves to fit what someone else deems as perfect. Emphasis should be placed on being healthy (mentally and physically) not on being a stick person, that type of mentality is just so harmful to our youth. Look at all the young girls and teens with eating disorders because they feel the need to look a certain way, just to be accepted... so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    I've watched every season of DWTS and this is the first time that Maks looks like he's really having fun. He's smiling and actually laughing more than he ever did. I think he's comfortable with Kirstie because of the age difference, he is not trying to win her or prove something to her, like he seems to do with women his own age. He genuinely likes her and the little flirting they do is really cute. Kirstie is a very funny person, her twitter is hilarious, and I think she keeps him cracking up. She has loosened Maks up and brought out a side of him I didn't know he had, plus he's very kind and understanding to Kirstie. As for Kirstie, she may be 60, but she ain't dead and knows a hunk when she sees him!
    I agree with everything in this post!

He's had his share of great partnerships, but this partnership really highlights the best parts of him. After being thoroughly chagrined over his choice to do the Ukraine Bachelor, I can't help but enjoy him again as a result of his and Kirstie's relationship.

They're hilarious and darling.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    I agree with everything in this post!

He's had his share of great partnerships, but this partnership really highlights the best parts of him. After being thoroughly chagrined over his choice to do the Ukraine Bachelor, I can't help but enjoy him again as a result of his and Kirstie's relationship.

They're hilarious and darling.
    Any news out yet about who he chose and how it's going? Maybe that could also explain his happiness this season
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

I agree, it's great to see Maks so relaxed and really having fun.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maks's weekly blog:

Dancing's Maks: I Want This Week to Be Trouble-Free - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

Dancing's Maks: I Want This Week to Be Trouble-Free
    Apr 18, 2011 11:30 AM ET
    by Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Hi everyone!

Hope you had a great week! Thanks for voting for us!

First of all, sorry for the delay. It's been a very busy week and I've been feeling a little under the weather. It's getting to the point in the competition where the scheduling is catching up to all of us now. It always happens around this time of the season. It's one of those, "Oh, here we go again." I'm overdosing on Vitamin C and a bunch of remedies. There's no point of dwelling on it. You just have to get over the hump.

Well, I'll just start by getting this out of the way. Kirstie's shoe came off because she has lost a lot of weight since she started the show. She's lost a couple of sizes and basically her feet lost weight as well, as funny as that sounds. This isn't something you'd notice normally, but we looked down and the shoe looked like it was three sizes too big.

Kirstie handled it all great, but neither of us want there to be anything to "handle" anymore. She's funny and smart and witty, but she didn't enter this competition as a comedian. She came here to win and I want to give it to her. People see us laughing and stuff, but we're putting in the work day in and day out, and I just want Kirstie to get validated. She needs credit for the way she puts in work. The judges have been generous and the viewers have been kind, but I want her to be satisfied. The last two weeks, she can't get the satisfaction out of her performance. You get close, but not all the way. I want this week to be trouble-free.

I love the fans. I love people's opinions. Whether they believe it or not, I am aware of the comments. We're here to entertain and we won't know what people want if we don't pay attention. At the same time, hearing what people are saying, it's just fuel for hate. It's hilarious. But the ratio is great. For 100 positive comments, there's one, "Oh they're doing this on purpose." I'm like, "Wow." People know me as very blunt. I'm too honest to choreograph a lie. Kirstie would never let me and I would never let myself do it. But it's funny because we were sitting, like, "This probably would be a genius idea if we were purposely throwing it!" But we're not. She's taking it well, but she's pissed. She hates the fact that everyone is like, "Aw, you fell."

You can say the mishaps can be extra motivation, but it's not like we weren't motivated before. We're hungry. We've been motivated since Day 1. We're not adding or subtracting any motivation. It's just about going out there and doing our best and we haven't been able to do that the past two weeks. The way I look at is: This could be her one opportunity in life to do a rumba, and we fell. This could be her ne opportunity to do a waltz and my one opportunity in my life to do a waltz to Leo Delibes, and her shoe comes off. They were both unfortunate flukes, but can we please just have one week where we can dance straight out? If something happens on Monday, we will lock ourselves in a closet and won't come out for a year.

We have the foxtrot. Kirstie is doing well. Every dance has its own challenges and it's also all-American week. We have a song that's weird for the foxtrot. I need to satisfy Len and his foxtrot-ness, and Bruno and Carrie Ann with the performance and showcase what Kirstie's all about. It's going to be powerful. It's not your Fred and Ginger foxtrot. I have no idea what my costume is going to look like for this theme, but I'm afraid to find out!

I have to take a moment to applaud production, the crew and everyone involved with classical week. I thought it was phenomenal. It was well-produced. I kept applauding our production team the whole night. We couldn't have done it years ago. We're educated now on what it takes to put on a show. It's a massive, massive amount of work. I'm not known to praise just because, but I've got to point out that it was a gorgeous. I tuned in to a stage show sometime ago and I noticed how much better our production on the how is. I realized the amount of time we spend rehearsing during the week is the same amount of time that the producers spend choreographing the cameras and the staging and all that. When it pays off like it did last week, it's well worth it.

I'm sad that Sugar left, but it's not a shocker. I love Sugar. He was such an amazing personality, but I feel like he was in the bottom. It almost seems like America's getting it right. I'm just observing this season. I'm not freaking out about things.

I have great news to share about my jewelry line that I mentioned a few weeks ago. It will be called Maksim and it will be out in June. It will be available on Amazon.com and Endless.com. During the summer, we'll hit the department stores. The product is awesome. I would not put my name on anything that I don't like. I was a big part of the design. It's something that people have seen me wear and now everyone can too. I'm very excited about it and I'll be sharing more news and photos about it on Twitter in the next few weeks.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

Maks

+ Reply to Thread