+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    ya never know he turned 31 in January and she turned 60 in January - so they could have a May/October thing going on
    Oh, geez. At the beginning of the season, before I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Kirstie actually had some dance skills, I thought that the only good thing to come from this pairing would be that finally, Maks would not be rumored to be romancing his celeb, if they appeared to be getting along. Guess I was wrong!!

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Oh, geez. At the beginning of the season, before I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Kirstie actually had some dance skills, I thought that the only good thing to come from this pairing would be that finally, Maks would not be rumored to be romancing his celeb. Guess I was wrong!!
    Haha! Well, I doubt he's romancing her. But I do think there's a little crush there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti11ie View Post
    And one of those hints was on the results show last night when they showed the replay and he asked, "Can I kiss you?" at the end. I mean, she planted one on him at the end of an earlier dance, and he said it was a surprise to him. Seems like he wanted to recreate that moment... Or maybe they actually planned it this time, but he asked anyway because he knew she was thrown off by losing her shoe. Who knows. I just know that I love watching these two.
    I think that "can I kiss you" remark was more about her recovering nicely from losing her shoe and just getting up and carrying on, much like she did last week after the fall, like when you say to somebody "I could kiss you for that" if they do something you're grateful for.... I don't think it was a romantic "can I kiss you"

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Oh, geez. At the beginning of the season, before I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Kirstie actually had some dance skills, I thought that the only good thing to come from this pairing would be that finally, Maks would not be rumored to be romancing his celeb, if they appeared to be getting along. Guess I was wrong!!
    Maks is so sexy, I bet even Betty White would be hitting on him if she was his partner I know I would
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

I think that "can I kiss you" remark was more about her recovering nicely from losing her shoe and just getting up and carrying on, much like she did last week after the fall, like when you say to somebody "I could kiss you for that" if they do something you're grateful for.... I don't think it was a romantic "can I kiss you"
    You're probably right. She did appear to shake her head 'no'. It was probably more of a 'help me up and get me outta here already' no.

Be sure to catch Maks, Kirstie, Tom, and Ceelo on Oprah tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Be sure to catch Maks, Kirstie, Tom, and Ceelo on Oprah tomorrow!
    Forgot this!

Kirstie Alley Will Make Dancing Finale, Says Tom Bergeron

First Kirstie Alley was dropped, then she dropped a shoe.

But two ballroom blunders in two weeks in front of millions of Dancing with the Stars viewers – and, of course, the judges – isn't going to hold her back, the show's host, Tom Bergeron, predicted on The Oprah Winfrey Show Thursday.

After joking that Alley and her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy have no chance, Bergeron changes his tune telling the talk show host, "I'm totally kidding. Absolutely. I'd be stunned if I didn't see them at the finals, frankly."

Alley takes the compliment in stride, replying, "Tom, thank you."

As for her pro partner, he has a simple recipe for success on the show: "Just dance."

Alley also tells Winfrey that dancing has restored her confidence.

"It's actually been cathartic for me because I felt like I was a little broken for a while and it sort of, you know, gave me confidence back," she says. "You have to forget about your body. You have to forget about everything and just do what he tells you to do."

Chmerkovskiy, naturally, agrees. "It's an amazing activity," he says. "Everybody should do it."

Despite the couple's mishaps, he says of performing with Alley, "I'm having a blast."

Video clip link:

Dancing with the Stars: Kirstie Alley Will Make Finale, Says Host : People.com

Go to video link to see clip of Maks & Kirstie's appearance on Oprah & Maks shirtless!

P.S. So wish Maks was Kendra's partner would so do her good.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    As a die-hard Cheers fan and a 55-year-old woman with 30 pounds to lose, I was afraid Kirstie would be a laughingstock on DWTS. Instead she has charmed America and formed such a refreshing relationship with Maks. My own best friend is a much younger, very handsome, very charming guy, married with kids. Half the time we're in our own little bubble, giggling at something just as Maks and Kirstie do. I've asked him "why me?" and he says it's because I get it. Because we think alike and find the same things funny. It's very much an inner connection, nothing to do with the physical exterior. I am LOVING the fact that Maks can have that same kind of bond with Kirstie.
    Love this post, and love this couple. I've always respected and admired Maks for his dancing and teaching ability, and of course his other obvious, um, assets. But watching him with Kirstie this season, I'm even more infatuated with him. It's so refreshing to watch the relationship they're building together, and the mutual trust. They're having a good time and dancing very well together. That's what I look for in this show.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I'm usually good for a limerick or two for the Bach, so here's one Maks......

There once was a dancer named Maksim
    Who was hot, and a whole lot of handsome
    To be his partner, is many of our wishes
    Cause he is so darned delicious
    To be in Kirstie's place I'd pay a kings ransom
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I'm usually good for a limerick or two for the Bach, so here's one Maks......

There once was a dancer named Maksim
    Who was hot, and a whole lot of handsome
    To be his partner, is many of our wishes
    Cause he is so darned delicious
    To be in Kirstie's place I'd pay a kings ransom
    Very nice, northerwviewer!

I'm really enjoying watching Kirstie and Maks - they get along so well together and Kirstie is really giving it her all. I've never been a big Kirstie fan (nor a hater, either) - I enjoyed her in Cheers and some films she's been in, but haven't really followed her. One of the things I like about DWTS is having my preconceived notions about some of the stars busted wide open. I expected Kirstie to be a bit of a diva, but she's very down to earth and has a great sense of humor.

Lets not forget that Kirstie is an actress and a very good one. So she and Maks have done a great job of keeping people guessing. You know what I mean? I like it. JMO
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread