+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Regarding all the George Lopez brouhaha, Kirstie is a HYPOCRITE.

For years all she has been talking about is her weight . . .blathering on and on and on about how fat she is, gaining weight, losing weight, going on Oprah talking ad nauseum about her weight, modeling a bikini when she lost weight, then coming back on Oprah when she gained weight and talking about being fat and trying to lose weight.

Kirstie even had a sitcom on Showtime called “Fat Actress”. She recently said – on DWTS – “If someone tells me to haul a$$ they need two trucks” or something to that effect. Oh, so it's okay for HER to say that, but if someone else cracks jokes about her weight it's horrible? Hmmm..
    Um, yes and yes.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Um, yes and yes.
    Agreed. Times One Million.

It's one thing to tell a self depricating joke or to make fun of your own weeknesses than it is to have someone else make fun of you. Self depricating humor shows you are humble, down to earth and approachable. It also shows you have a sense of humor and are comfortable enough with your flaws to admit you have them. Having someone else make you the butt of negative jokes and being made fun of is hurtful, ugly and very damaging to self esteem and is unacceptable. I don't view Kirstie as a hypocrite at all. She is able to have a sense of humor and self depricating joke and is able to laugh and try to make her life positive. She is in control. Lopez's comments were verbal bullying and way out of line and very negative to young girls and their self image. Kirstie handled him just fine.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Not to mention that when someone says stuff like that it is normally to make themselves look better, feel better, etc...that is all he was doing...he must no like himself much since he seems to make fun of her a lot....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Regarding all the George Lopez brouhaha, Kirstie is a HYPOCRITE.
    No, what would make Kirstie a hypocrite is if she insulted Lopez' appearance or made an ethnic slur against him as her response. Clearly, she has more class than to wallow with him in the same sty.

Kirstie is not a young girl. Her constant poking fun at her own weight doesn’t require deep analysis, and it invites others to do the same thing. Wonder if (when) Joan Rivers or Kathy Griffin were to make similar jokes about Kirstie if people would object.

George Lopez has no problem liking himself, and he’s a very good looking man – and a lot funnier than Kirstie could ever be.

No, what would make Kirstie a hypocrite is if she insulted Lopez' appearance or made an ethnic slur against him as her response. Clearly, she has more class than to wallow with him in the same sty.
    Nothing wrong with George's appearance, and Kisrtie isn't exactly known for being classy. She did make some remark about his kidney. Also, this has nothing whatsoever to do with ethnicity. The hypocsicy factor is because - as I also pointed out - she's been making fun of her weight/being fat for many years.
    Last edited by tango7; 03-30-2011 at 02:41 PM.

I think GL crossed the line by calling her a pig - weight jokes, okay, but that went too far.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Kirstie is not a young girl. Her constant poking fun at her own weight doesn’t require deep analysis, and it invites others to do the same thing. Wonder if (when) Joan Rivers or Kathy Griffin were to make similar jokes about Kirstie if people would object.
    Yes. I'm not really familiar with Kathy Griffin's material, but what I do know about her I can't abide. But the raging hatred I have for Joan Rivers was birthed by her relentless vile commentary about Elizabeth Taylor's weight back in the 70's. I was young and thin at the time, so you might think that I would find her vicious diatribes giggle-worthy, but even at that point in my life I found her repulsive and hateful. And I feel exactly the same way about George Lopez, long preceding this most recent act of verbal aggression.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

George Lopez has no problem liking himself, and he’s a very good looking man – and a lot funnier than Kirstie could ever be.

Nothing wrong with George's appearance, and Kisrtie isn't exactly known for being classy. She did make some remark about his kidney. Also, this has nothing whatsoever to do with ethnicity. The hypocsicy factor is because - as I also pointed out - she's been making fun of her weight/being fat for many years.
    That's your personal opinion. I find him pretty fug myself, and think Kirstie's ten times funnier.

Making fun of people's race, gender, weight, religion, or sexual orientation is verbal bullying and isn't cool no matter if the subject is 2 or 102. Just not funny or cool. I don't care if you pan people's outfit or spoof their roles or characatures. But some things are just off limits. Weight is one of them for me. Again, I think Kirstie handled him just fine and he is the one looking like a jerk. She is reaping the benefits and will reap them toward the end of the season. I don't think she will win (I think Ralph or Hines will take the trophy) but barring major upset I think she will be in the finals and I enjoy watching her.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

+ Reply to Thread