+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mike Catherwood & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 12

Re: Mike Catherwood & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 12

I just read an article that ABC wants them to "tone down their sexual chemistry." Huh? What sexual chemistry? I guess they didn't dance well enough to show it to me. Maybe a showmance to try to generate some votes maybe? Just seemed odd to me.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

"Sexual chemistry?" All they did was tag team on some jokes about Mike dropping his pants a lot. If that's 'chemistry,' those network people must really be starved for real romance.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules View Post
    I just read an article that ABC wants them to "tone down their sexual chemistry." Huh? What sexual chemistry? I guess they didn't dance well enough to show it to me. Maybe a showmance to try to generate some votes maybe? Just seemed odd to me.
    I read that, too. It does seem like a desperate ploy for votes. Louie/Chelsie and Erin/Maks (past showmance rumors) seemed to have more chemistry in their pre-show interviews than I've seen from Mike/Lacey. If anything they might be joking, and since I don't find Mike funny that would make sense I suppose. Lacey was hinting she found Mike attractive prior to the premiere, now it's all about how they have a connection and an attraction to each other.

I'll be watching through everyone's comments tonight, so I'll be really curious how he does his jive-and if they play it up with gimmicks since he could barely pull off a foxtrot. I'm hoping they get sent packing tomorrow.

I read a People interview and Mike said Lacey has seen him in his Birthday suit if you know what I mean. It was way TMI.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I kind of feel like Lacey has a bit of a crush on Mike. That, or she's a better actress than I give her credit for. In terms of all the talk, when you're the one spreading the rumors about a potential romance and the show telling you to tone it down...yeah, not buying it. I thought she kind of played that up in their jive, but given his background and personality that we've seen, I think any talk of a romance is all for show where he's concerned. He didn't bomb the jive like I expected, but it wasn't all that great, either. Somehow I won't be surprised if he makes it, but it'll probably be just barely. I won't miss these two whenever their elimination comes. Who knows, Dr. Drew in the audience may have drummed up some votes for him.

I for one would like to see Mike go home tonight. Could be Sugar Ray, though. Mike is a terrible dancer and I am not particularly fond of Lacey.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I kind of feel like Lacey has a bit of a crush on Mike. That, or she's a better actress than I give her credit for. In terms of all the talk, when you're the one spreading the rumors about a potential romance and the show telling you to tone it down...yeah, not buying it. I thought she kind of played that up in their jive, but given his background and personality that we've seen, I think any talk of a romance is all for show where he's concerned. He didn't bomb the jive like I expected, but it wasn't all that great, either. Somehow I won't be surprised if he makes it, but it'll probably be just barely. I won't miss these two whenever their elimination comes. Who knows, Dr. Drew in the audience may have drummed up some votes for him.
    When JoAnn was partnering with Derek, we heard that she had been discreetly told to invite any friends she would like to be in the audience the night of the results ( I guess they were dancing the encore) because they were being voted off. Therefore, I wondered when I saw Dr. Drew last night if he was there for Mike because the producers anticipated Mike might leave this week. Maybe, though, you are more correct, and they are trying to help Mike in any way possible.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I just watched both weeks online and I don't remember which one I saw it in - did she have a tattoo in the top part of her left ear?! Ouch. It was briefly seen when they were in their rehearsal. I just don't remember if it was week one or week two. Man, that would have to hurt!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Hearing that he makes homophobic jokes really gives me a reason to dislike him.
    He's not actually homophobic - he made one stupid, tasteless joke about Adam Lambert. I know few people that haven't made at least one inappropriate joke or comment that they had to apologize for. They were just lucky enough not to do it in the media.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I don't think Mike was a right fit for DWTS, and I'm glad he got eliminated. I really did think there was a chance he'd stay in. Parts of his jive were actually fairly decent last night, while he was kicking in place, but when he moved I felt like he wasn't even putting any effort into parts of the dance. I especially won't miss any tales of fake sexual chemistry between him and Lacey.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast