+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mike Catherwood & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 12

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Mike Catherwood & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 12

Ok, the guy obviously doesn't have any dancing experience or natural dancing ability. That said, I think he really TRIED and, if he can let his personality shine through more, he'll be entertaining on the dance floor.

Lacey's hair is the latest style - It's SUPPOSED to look like that.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Ok, the guy obviously doesn't have any dancing experience or natural dancing ability. That said, I think he really TRIED and, if he can let his personality shine through more, he'll be entertaining on the dance floor.

Lacey's hair is the latest style - It's SUPPOSED to look like that.
    I think his personality is going to turn people off more than gain him a following and votes, if last night is anything to go by. I found him obnoxious and unfunny, but I will say there aren't many radio personalities that I do like. Most I'd put in that same category, but I know that's all a matter of opinion. I couldn't stand Adam or his humor, either, when he did the show but have grown to like the segments he's done over the seasons. I don't care for Lacey in the slightest, and going by the past, since he can't dance, I think she'll make it worse by adding flashy, cheesy gimmicks to their routines in hopes they'll be crowd pleasers. Unless he does have a hard core voting bloc out there no one knows about, I don't see him making it past week 3.

I agree with you karalott. I had never heard of him so I read up on him and such. But after his cold war comment I knew I didn't like him. There are just some things you don't joke about.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I agree with you karalott. I had never heard of him so I read up on him and such. But after his cold war comment I knew I didn't like him. There are just some things you don't joke about.
    I think he is nice to look at , but I don't think he must have a very strong fan base which is what is going to hurt him the most imo, and I am having so much trouble with Lacey's hair. I am so sorry, but I am. That is just not pretty. Back in the day, that looked kind of trashy. I just wish she would go and have some one professionally help her while it is growing out. It is distracting.
    Otherwise, I think Lacey is a fantastic dancer.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Regular

Yeah he's sure cute. Tries too hard to be funny though. Think he's a goner next week.

This is the second ABC Reality show he has appeared on this year. The first was The Bachelor (filmed last fall) when the gang visited Loveline. I've never listened to the show, but from tapes I've noticed he can be rude. Looks like the not funny rude thing is going to happen on DWTS as well.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I think he is nice to look at , but I don't think he must have a very strong fan base which is what is going to hurt him the most imo, and I am having so much trouble with Lacey's hair. I am so sorry, but I am. That is just not pretty. Back in the day, that looked kind of trashy. I just wish she would go and have some one professionally help her while it is growing out. It is distracting.
    Otherwise, I think Lacey is a fantastic dancer.
    I agree that he is nice to look at - until he opens his mouth! I don't think he is long for this show. I don't think he has a huge fan base. And I think if he is going to approach it like he did Monday night (I agree, the comment about an American partner and the Cold War was ridiculous), I don't think he is going to win any new fans from this show! If I have learned anything, it's that the fans reward people they think are being sincere and taking it seriously. Him coming on as "Psycho" Mike was not going to win him any additional fans.

Maybe he wants to be the first off so he can join that infamous club. They had way too much fun last year with their spots. LOL
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I've never heard of him, either. His "humor" also reminds me of Adam C's. I do think he tried, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is the first to get the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    This is the second ABC Reality show he has appeared on this year. The first was The Bachelor (filmed last fall) when the gang visited Loveline. I've never listened to the show, but from tapes I've noticed he can be rude. Looks like the not funny rude thing is going to happen on DWTS as well.
    Now I remember him from episode 2 of The Bachelor. I said I had no idea who he was. Guess that episode was boring
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast