+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Petra Nemcova & Dmitry Chaplin - Season 12

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Petra Nemcova & Dmitry Chaplin - Season 12

In re-watching the clip from last night, two things I wish would get banned: tearing off your costume to reveal something even skimpier underneath (I loved the original dress Petra was wearing; underneath was horrible). And using the judges table as a prop. I like Petra, but don't find anything exciting about her or Dmitry. I'd be a little surprised, if they are an early exit, for Dmitry to be back next season.

Even though they are more boring to watch then some of these couples there is something about Petra that makes me smile. She did better then I thought she would, but I don't see them lasting long.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Petra and Dmitry will be doing the Viennese Waltz next week. I think that will be good for them as she seems to have some grace in the slow dances. They are her strength as compared to the fast ones.

Yep, should be a great dance for them to improve on and will get better scores and reaction than the jive. I hope her music and costume are classic and beautiful to take advantage of Petra's beauty and grace. I hope they don't do too modern and gimicky a song or routine.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

She is adorable and I like Dimitry just fine. Petra is fresh and seems very sweet she reminds me so much personality wise of Ekaterina Gordeeva, she would be a good one to have on the show, can't believe she is about 40 now!
    Last edited by Tobi; 03-30-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Even though they are more boring to watch then some of these couples there is something about Petra that makes me smile. She did better then I thought she would, but I don't see them lasting long.
    I completely agree with you. Petra just seems so excited for the experience. Her little squeal when she was announced safe last night was so flipping cute. I like her a lot.

Now, Dmitry? Blah. I would so much rather have Damian. Or especially Jonathan, but I don't think he's going to do DWTS anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    I completely agree with you. Petra just seems so excited for the experience. Her little squeal when she was announced safe last night was so flipping cute. I like her a lot.

Now, Dmitry? Blah. I would so much rather have Damian. Or especially Jonathan, but I don't think he's going to do DWTS anymore.
    I agree with you concerning Dmitry. I don't think Jonathan wants to do DWTS anymore. Damian, whom I love, unfortunately would have been too short for Petra. In her heels she is even a tad taller than Dmitry.

Who is John Galt?

Don't agree with some of you - I love Dimitry. He is Maks light - prettier, almost as sexy (but that would be hard for any guy), sweeter tempered, and a good choreographer. Of course, I like my eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    Don't agree with some of you - I love Dimitry. He is Maks light - prettier, almost as sexy (but that would be hard for any guy), sweeter tempered, and a good choreographer. Of course, I like my eye candy.
    Actually, my dislike of Dmitry began when he was partnered with
    Holly and was obvious in his disappointment with getting her. She stepped in last minute and tried but wasn't his dream partner, I guess.
    Many of the guys (and girls) have had partners that were more of a challenge than Holly. Can you imagine having Macy Gray like Jonathan did? He still put on his game face and was nice to his partner.
    So no, I'm not a fan of Dmitry.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Actually, my dislike of Dmitry began when he was partnered with
    Holly and was obvious in his disappointment with getting her. She stepped in last minute and tried but wasn't his dream partner, I guess.
    Many of the guys (and girls) have had partners that were more of a challenge than Holly. Can you imagine having Macy Gray like Jonathan did? He still put on his game face and was nice to his partner.
    So no, I'm not a fan of Dmitry.
    That's where I started disliking him, too. I didn't think he was worth all the hype he got when he joined the show, but could understand why people liked him. I didn't like Holly, but felt sorry for her. Had Jewel gotten injured after Nancy O'Dell, Tony would have had Holly and Dmitry would have gotten Melissa. However, I wasn't impressed with his choreography then, and didn't like him partnered with Mya. Especially when he said Mya was either helping him choreograph or completely choreographing some of their routines. I was a little surprised he was excluded from the line up both season 10 and 11, but feel he was the only option for the show to bring back to partner Petra. I would have loved to have seen her with Jonathan. At least he finally would have made it past the first elimination.

If the show wants Petra to stick around, they may give her dances that'll suit her better for the time being. I feel like she's got more talent and potential than I originally gave her credit for. I have to agree that you can't help but not like her. She seems so genuine, and really is enjoying this experience. I know everyone probably is, but Petra just glows about it. She's really trying. I do think ballroom will be her much stronger suit. She may last longer than I'm expecting, too, although I wouldn't be surprised if she's gone in the next couple of weeks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast