+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Petra Nemcova & Dmitry Chaplin - Season 12

Re: Petra Nemcova & Dmitry Chaplin - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    She is gorgeous, and they are going to look exqusite waltzing and perhaps doing the tango. However, Len is right, I fear, in that the two of them are going to suffer in dances like the jive in that they are both tall and will perhaps tend to look gangly and/or awkward.
    I agree Bloomers. I think she will be elegant in ballroom and really struggle in the latin. Of course, Kelly Osborne was the same way and she did end up in the finals.

The issue with Petra is her injuries from the tsunami. Her pelvis is key in latin dances with hip action and she lacks really good core strength which was part of the posture issues. I think that might be in part due to the tsunami also, as I had trouble working my core after spine issues. They wanted me to work them anyway to improve my spine and prevent future injury.

She reminds me a little bit of Joanna Krupa. Much better dancer than the models usually are, but she isn't as toned as people expect considering her figure.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

FORT Fanatic

What a lovely woman so full of grace. I hope she can overcome her injuries to compete in the more challenging dances as she has a winner's spirit.

Petra & Dmitry are the perfect couple on paper, but I too fear they will struggle with the jive next week. I would love to see this couple stick around because there is something very endearing about them.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl View Post
    What a lovely woman so full of grace. I hope she can overcome her injuries to compete in the more challenging dances as she has a winner's spirit.
    Her fiance died in that Tsunami. I cry when I think of what she's been through.

Model Recounts Horrifying Experience Being Swept Up by the Waves - ABC News

But she's found love again:
    Petra Nemcova Engaged to British Actor Jamie Belman - Engagements, Petra Nemcova : People.com

I hope she sticks around for a while. She seems very classy. I don't think she has the dance chops to make it to the final 4.

Petra is beautiful and I really admire her. Their dance was really preety to watch, but I also worry about her for the jive and other Latin dances.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Petra will probably be a balance to the more OTT personalities like Kirstie and Kendra. And she and Dmitry do make a pretty pair. I'm not really expecting her jive to be that good, but she might very well prove me wrong. I think Petra may do better than expected, though right now I do think she'll be somewhat of an early boot. Maybe go out right before the middle. However, an expected favorite can always fizzle out sooner than expected, and she does seem to have a lot of people rooting for her. Dmitry, too, as many of his fans are excited to see him back.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan View Post
    Petra is beautiful and I really admire her. Their dance was really preety to watch, but I also worry about her for the jive and other Latin dances.

She is gorgeous and I am hoping she is able to shock everyone and nail her jive next week.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Who is John Galt?

Boy, they are a gorgeous couple. They can both just stand there and look pretty and don't have to dance. But, seriously, I think she may have problems down the road having endured a fractured pelvis, even if it was 7 years ago. She is very pretty and very lady-like.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Petra could very well get a song that'll be much easier to do a slower paced jive to, than something fast paced where she'd really have to step it up. One of my favorite jives ever on this show was done by Sara Evans and Tony in season 3 to, of all songs, 'These Boots Are Made for Walking'. Obviously not the same tempo and pace to a song like SOS or Good Golly Miss Molly. While they aren't my favorite couple this season, I have a ton of respect for Petra and would love to see her do well. I do agree that ballroom is going to suit her much better, and probably make her and Dmitry look very elegant and beautiful together. I'd love to see her get to do a tango and AT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast