+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Season 12

Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Season 12

Ralph Macchio

'The Karate Kid"

Pro: Karina Smirnoff

He's a successful actor, writer, director and producer. And we'll always love Ralph Macchio for being The Karate Kid. He chopped and kicked his way to stardom in that classic crowd-pleasing flick and as well as its successors, The Karate Kid, Part II and The Karate Kid, Part III.

Ralph's extensive list of film credits includes Francis Ford Coppola's The Outsiders and the hit comedy My Cousin Vinny. Among his multiple TV credits are: a two-season arc on ABC's Ugly Betty, a comedic guest lead on the series Psych, as well as a guest lead on the ABC drama The Whole Truth. Ralph was also a guest star on the hit series Entourage as well as the comedy Head Case.

Ralph also recently appeared in a funnyordie.com viral video sensation, Wax On, #### Off, which has received raves from critics and viewers alike. Ralph made his Broadway debut starring opposite Robert De Niro in the sold-out Joseph Papp production of Cuba and His Teddy Bear at the Longacre Theatre.

Ralph has come a long way since the "All-Valley Under-18 Karate Tournament" and we can't wait to see how far he goes on Dancing With The Stars!

Cast Bios - ABC.com

Meet the Cast video - ABC.com

Re: Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Season 12

I was so excited when they announced him! I hope he lasts a long time.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Me too! Ralph is looking great. It goes to show all those people in Hollywood that try to turn back the hands of time by getting ridiculous amounts of surgery that letting nature take it's course is the best way. Ralph, Kendra, and Romeo are my pre-season top 3, and I don't see that changing.

Finally! So happy he is on the show. I wish he was with a different pro, but at least he is in the cast.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    Finally! So happy he is on the show. I wish he was with a different pro, but at least he is in the cast.
    Same here, but Karina I can tolerate a little better than a few others. At least I don't feel sour rooting for her as I would a couple of others. I wasn't sure what to make of his first rehearsal (we weren't shown much, so I guess I really shouldn't put much into it), but I am excited for him. Ralph is such a sweetheart and it's definitely showing. I don't know what's surprising me more about this cast, but for the most part they all seem to be wanting to do well and are taking it seriously. Now whether that holds true once the judges get through with them is another story Karina tweeted that they've begun working on their second dance, which is the jive (first dance is the foxtrot). So any other foxtrot people are going to have the jive as well. It sounds like Ralph will be up against Sugar Ray, and Mike, so he might do well in standing out from that bunch. I haven't seen any rehearsal footage of Mike yet, Sugar Ray looks good but all I can think of when I think him and jive is Evander Holyfield clomping around the floor. I'm going to guess Wendy and Petra will have the foxtrot and jive, too, since the other 3 ladies have the cha cha as their week one dance.

I think they will probably be my favorites this year, though Karina is not my favorite. I like Anna and Cheryl but not their celebrities. I am glad Derek isn't on with a ringer this year. At this point any of them could be decent.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

I was so happy when I saw his name in the lineup. Someone to root for!!! My Karate Kid love knows no end. Karina may not be the pro I'd hoped he'd be paired with, but she's an amazing dancer, so I hope they go far this season.

Karina doesn't bug me as much as she used to. Maybe because she was eliminated early last season. Big fan of the movie The Karate Kid. After I watched his tape of their first meeting I would say he looks pretty good. I need to see more to form a better opinion of these two as partners.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Ralph, you rocked it! This is going to be a great season.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Yay Ralph! I absolutely loved him last night, he actually danced and I can't wait to see how much he improves through the weeks to come.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast