+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Season 12

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie View Post
    On Ralph's twitter there's a picture of Karina grabbing a handful of his hair upward with the comment, "it's real, biatches!" I guess that answers that.

Why he sticks with that combover is anybody's guess, however. He looks so great overwise!
    LOL~ I have got to see that! Maybe I can stop obsessing over his hairline and concentrate on his great dancing!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Look at this photo. He definitely is balding. Maybe he is combing over poorly. The Twitter photo wasn't that convincing. She is holding his hair on the side of his head.
    Photos of Ralph Macchio

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie View Post
    On Ralph's twitter there's a picture of Karina grabbing a handful of his hair upward with the comment, "it's real, biatches!" I guess that answers that.

Why he sticks with that combover is anybody's guess, however. He looks so great overwise!

Thanks for posting this!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I just read that Karina will be stripping off what little costumes these dancers wear to pose naked for Playboy.
    I'm so disappointed. She has always been one of my favorite pros. Her energy & agility make me look forward to watching her dance, especially in the pro numbers on elimination night.

Now I'll just see her as a big disappointment.

Why do accomplished women feel the need to degrade themselves, as well as all other women, by allowing themselves to be demeaned & objectified that way? She's got to be making plenty of money between the show, other dancing gigs, & personal appearances. She can't need the money that bad.

This is one of my pet hates. The minute a woman proves herself admirable through her accomplishments, talents, brains, the skin rags immediately have to pull the old "I wonder what she looks like NAKED! Let's get her to strip down & show us! She's worth nothing but T & A, just like all women." They try to take away all personal accomplishment dignity & turn women into objects to be leered at.

In the end, it reflects on all of us. Women are looked on more & more as nothing more than cheap booty calls & a way for men to get their visual or physical jollies.

I'm sooooooo disappointed in Karina!!!!! I'll never admire her abilities again!

Rant Over.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Even if she wasn't raking in the dough, her engagement ring I think was close to $100,000, and her hubby to be has some multi million dollar contract with the Detroit Tigers I believe. So she's all set when she gets married I don't really have an issue with someone posing for Playboy. I'm wondering why now after all this time she'd chose to do it, unless the opportunity never came up. It's her choice, and I won't hold it against her. When someone poses for Playboy, I don't know, it used to be seen as a make or break shocking career move. Now I view it more as a desperate attempt to stay in the spotlight. I did raise my eyebrows when I read a comment from Hef that her spread was 'something to be seen'

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I just read that Karina will be stripping off what little costumes these dancers wear to pose naked for Playboy.
    I'm so disappointed. She has always been one of my favorite pros. Her energy & agility make me look forward to watching her dance, especially in the pro numbers on elimination night.

Why do accomplished women feel the need to degrade themselves, as well as all other women, by allowing themselves to be demeaned & objectified that way? She's got to be making plenty of money between the show, other dancing gigs, & personal appearances. She can't need the money that bad.

This is one of my pet hates. The minute a woman proves herself admirable through her accomplishments, talents, brains, the skin rags immediately have to pull the old "I wonder what she looks like NAKED! Let's get her to strip down & show us! She's worth nothing but T & A, just like all women." They try to take away all personal accomplishment dignity & turn women into objects to be leered at.

In the end, it reflects on all of us. Women are looked on more & more as nothing more than cheap booty calls & a way for men to get their visual or physical jollies.

Rant Over.
    I read that Karina may be in hot water with the producers over this. If so the producers are being complete hypocrites.

The producers have chosen to cast lots of female "celebrities" on this show who got their start or whose main claim to fame has been taking off their clothing for Playboy. I include in this list: Kendra, Pamela Anderson, Holly Madison, Kelly Monaco, Willa Ford, Shanna Moakler, & Joanna Krupa. If you include celebs who posed after they were famous or who appeared nude in films and videos the list grows longer, including our current co-host Brooke Burke.

What is the big deal anyway. If she wants to pose she should be able to do so with no repercussions. It should be between her, her family, and her agent. Viewers are of course able to reach their own conclusions, but I would not hold it against her.
    Last edited by DancingDad; 04-07-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Scarlet, I'm with you. During the last Bach season, this topic was the focus of a days-long, heated debate about objectifying women. Yes, some of the DWTS costumes leave little to the imagination, but Playboy is another story. Its primary purpose is to titillate men by only showing a woman's physique. The world won't change as long as women volunteer themselves for such things.

For what it's worth, Karina is in love with money. Maybe she also wants more fans. Whatever.

I agree with you, DancingDad. What's the big deal? Playboy has been around forever and many women from all walks of life have posed for it. Your point about so many of the contestants have done it is well taken. Karina has never been one of my favorite of the pros, but if she does do this, it won't lower my opinion of her.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Joanna Krupa posed for Playboy while she was doing the show. Given Bruno's antics, plus not only the celebs who've posed nude but had run ins with the law-yeah, they're hypocrites. I think she'd have to get the okay from them first, so I'll consider this either a rumor spread by Karina herself to generate interest, or someone making it up just because it seems like the thing to do

I do agree Karina seems to be in love with the fame and money. I'm skeptical her marriage to her baseball hubby will work out. When she was benched for season 10, it seemed like she was doing anything she could to keep herself in the spotlight. I remember some of her actions while she was engaged to Maks, how she always seemed to play to the paparrazi camera while Maks looked more annoyed, and how she relished in all the attention she got. From what I read once, I believe not only is Karina an only child, but the only child in her entire family-no cousins, no other grandkids, nieces, nephews, so she probably got a lot of spoiled attention growing up. Even though she doesn't bother me nearly as bad as she used, underneath it all I think she's still the same sour face bad spot that lost to Emmitt/Cheryl season 3.

I guess if Karina isn't back next season we'll know why.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-07-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post

Rant Over.
    I like your rant, and I agree 100%. The timing is odd. She is already in the spotlight, and GETTING MARRIED! What groom would want other men ogling a naked picture of his wife? Can you imagine the reaction of his teammates? Of course athletes and Playboy have always had a long history of interaction and marriages. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

+ Reply to Thread