+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Season 12

Re: Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan View Post
    I am beyond disgusted at what they did to Ralph and Karina/how they treated them. Never have I been so upset/disgusted with DWTS. It's one thing to get eliminated fairly, but when things are so manipulated and the judges are so cruel (with their scores and rude comments), it just really stings. No one deserves that kind of treatment. I really felt Ralph and Karina deserved to be in the finals. He was doing a great job, used the judges comments, was a sweetheart to improve, and got along well with Karina. I just don't understand why they seemed to have it in for him. Why couldn't they be fair? What's so important about having the Disney girl/possible best dancer in the finals?

That said, I fell in love with Ralph this season. What a sweetheart. I love that he is a devoted family man, is sweet, humble, and I loved his relatinship with Karina. They were so sweet and supportive of each other. I'm now a big fan of both of theirs

This season has been ruined for me. I really was expecting them to be in the finals. I hope this will lead to other jobs for Ralph. I'm really going to miss seeing him and Karina dance/interact every week.
    I agree. I sent an email detailing my feelings to ABC. Does anyone think it would have any more of an impact if I would send several letters by certified mail to the producers, ABC president, etc.? They may not even read it, but I'm tempted to try. I hate injustice, even when it's just a dance contest. It's still wrong and I won't let it go. No way. I want them to at least acknowledge that fans are very upset with their decision making that gave extra points to Chelsea and Mark. That's all.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Wasn't that one of the reasons Maks and her didn't work out. She didn't want kids and instead wanted to become more famous?

I don't know, but the news about her posing for Playboy doesn't shock me.

This will be a hot topic leading up to Monday's show... when focus should be on Ralph and Karina's dance. The media is already having a field day.
    On the topic of Karina having kids...I don't remember who posted it, but someone said Karina was supposedly going to come out this season and tell why she and Maks broke up. His mother might have beat her to it. I've been following Maks on The Bachelor, and someone has been posting transcripts of the episodes (since they're all in Russian, which is good, since I don't understand a word of it). MAks is down to his final 3, and it was the meet his parents episode. His mom told one of his ladies that Karina told Maks she was pregnant, he proposed to her as a result, and later found out she lied and broke off the engagement. Would really explain the bitter feelings between them and his saying he felt betrayed over the whole thing. Karina really showed a much softer, gentler side to her this season. It didn't overly surprise me she posed for Playboy, but that seemed to be a hot topic for all of 2 seconds.

Ralph got such a raw deal when all was said in done. He wasn't going to win, but had he been in the finals, I think it might have been the closest finale ever. Kirstie, Ralph, and Hines all seemed to bring differently things and 'stories' to the show. Kirstie and Ralph had sentimental nostalgic votes, Hines the sport vote. Ralph was cheated out of a spot in the finals thanks to the WTA cha cha, worst addition ever. The producers change their mind during this show all the time; they were planning on doing the pro competition again, but given the luke warm response to Anna Demidova, obviously dropped it. Season 8 they were going to do the kids competition again but after 3 episodes I never heard Tom say another word. I'm sad Ralph had to go out on such an ugly, sour, and controversial note. Even the fact that they changed the scoring in the finals on the second night, from the judges ranking to individual scores, probably showed either they were getting a piece of everyone's mind, or figured they couldn't overtake Hines fan base by a few points given by the judges. Everything just seemed bad at the end. Ralph was such a pleasure. I'll really miss him, and wish I had a better memory of his last week on the show. He deserved better.

That's quite the bombshell about Karina and Max. So does that mean he wasn't planning on marrying her up till then? I thought that there was all sorts of preparation ahead of time planning a big wedding even with one of her dance partners giving her away at the wedding. I don't remember his name, maybe the microsoft guy. Not sure. Ah well, when we are young we do unwise things. She seems much better now and hopefully they can heal their rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    That's quite the bombshell about Karina and Max. So does that mean he wasn't planning on marrying her up till then? I thought that there was all sorts of preparation ahead of time planning a big wedding even with one of her dance partners giving her away at the wedding. I don't remember his name, maybe the microsoft guy. Not sure. Ah well, when we are young we do unwise things. She seems much better now and hopefully they can heal their rift.
    I think that wasn't translated quite right. Karina told Maks she was pregnant, or they both thought she was, but she wasn't (and it sounded like she did lie to him about it). Maks didn't propose to her as a result; I think the part about him having a crush on her for all those years was probably true, and she was on the rebound. That would fit the timeline of their relationship better.

Although the latest translation brought up Karina again, and it sounds like what many speculated: Maks was ready for marriage and family, Karina wasn't, and was cheating on him. Makes me wonder what Karina thinks of all this. They continually show photos of her, including one where she was showing off her engagement ring. Interesting that Karina seems way more ready for marriage and family now than she did with Maks. Obviously, I wish the best for both of them. Maybe this is the reason Maks is considering leaving DWTS; he may be in love and want that time to work on his relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I think that wasn't translated quite right. Karina told Maks she was pregnant, or they both thought she was, but she wasn't (and it sounded like she did lie to him about it). Maks didn't propose to her as a result; I think the part about him having a crush on her for all those years was probably true, and she was on the rebound. That would fit the timeline of their relationship better.

Although the latest translation brought up Karina again, and it sounds like what many speculated: Maks was ready for marriage and family, Karina wasn't, and was cheating on him. Makes me wonder what Karina thinks of all this. They continually show photos of her, including one where she was showing off her engagement ring. Interesting that Karina seems way more ready for marriage and family now than she did with Maks. Obviously, I wish the best for both of them. Maybe this is the reason Maks is considering leaving DWTS; he may be in love and want that time to work on his relationship.

Kara - can you share the link where the transcripts were posted? I would love to read them! How the hell could Karina cheat on that man!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Kara - can you share the link where the transcripts were posted? I would love to read them! How the hell could Karina cheat on that man!
    I sent you a PM. Not sure if I can post it (the link is via Facebook, also on Youtube I think the same person is posting translations). I have to say, even with Maks as the bachelor, I just can't get any interest in the show. Makes me glad it's not the US verision, because then I'd feel more obligated to watch since I'd understand it. Not to say I'm not tuning into it

I agree, if I had Maks, I'd probably annoy him by sticking to his side the whole time (assuming I wouldn't pass out from being that close).

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I just ran across his final 3 rose ceremony and it looks like he chooses one who kind of looks like Karina and one who looks like she might be a sweet girl and good baby momma. The finale seems to take place in Paris, I believe. This is the first time I've looked at the videos and while fascinating, the language barrier is a hindrance.

The YouTube poster name is Codebear4. She has posted previous Bachelor videos and DWTS videos.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I just ran across his final 3 rose ceremony and it looks like he chooses one who kind of looks like Karina and one who looks like she might be a sweet girl and good baby momma. The finale seems to take place in Paris, I believe. This is the first time I've looked at the videos and while fascinating, the language barrier is a hindrance.

The YouTube poster name is Codebear4. She has posted previous Bachelor videos and DWTS videos.
    Did they post the finale yet? I heard the girl he chooses
    Click to see Spoiler:
    (Sasha)
    (putting in spoilers just in case) are already kaput. Just like our edition, seems relationships don't last A lot of romantics wanted him with the other girl, and believe he picked the one he did simply to get through the media rounds and not have the spotlight on him and the other girl, who they hope he's with now. In reading the transcripts from the last episode where they met his parents (who are so sweet, although his dad might scare me by looking at him), he kind of has a sad back story. They both agreed who he needed to get rid of when it was down to the final 3, but were split on who he should ultimately pick. I think it was between a girl who seemed more mature and business oriented, and one who was still very young and carefree and might not be ready for a big commitment of marriage and family. I don't really watch our bachelor, but this seems no different. It seems to be doing well over there, and I think they're doing another version. I so believe the finale was in Paris.

I know this is off topic, but taking it back to Karina, while I don't know that I pick up his parents or Maks using her name specifically, it's obvious that's who they're talking about, and then they use the pictures of them together. It's why I'd really love to understand it, just to see if she's being put in a really bad light by the editing. Maks's mom said she has nothing against her, except she hurt her child.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I think the one you named is the Karina look-a-like. I mean not a twin, but in her shape and the turn of her face. The younger girl is the sweet looking one. I don't know how I stumbled on the F3 ceremony because you can't read the episode numbers without playing the video. The Finale should be episode 12. The previews showed overnights with rose petals on the bed...so Bachelor - LOL.

I realize we are OT with the Maks discussion, but it is interesting.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I think the one you named is the Karina look-a-like. I mean not a twin, but in her shape and the turn of her face. The younger girl is the sweet looking one. I don't know how I stumbled on the F3 ceremony because you can't read the episode numbers without playing the video. The Finale should be episode 12. The previews showed overnights with rose petals on the bed...so Bachelor - LOL.

I realize we are OT with the Maks discussion, but it is interesting.
    I hadn't thought about that, but good point. I took a closer look, and even her body language and the way she carries herself reminds me a bit of Karina. I did see that episode with the final 3 (or bits and pieces of it), so I guess the finale hasn't aired. I still wonder how Maks made out. There were reports he was with his chosen on in LA, but it might have just been a look alike, and then there's rumors he's back dating the girl he was dating before he signed onto the bachelor. I can see why Maks has such a strong family bond, after seeing him and his parents interact and listening to their story. It's interesting that he's really taking their opinion to heart, as if he's been doing something wrong, and that they really seem to be pushing the marriage and family. I know Maks has that desire as well, just kind of interesting. I know Maks came out out the bachelor experience with a bit of a negative feeling. As for the finale previews-yeah, seems just like our bachelor series Though I'm very jealous in this case

One week and I'm already going through DWTS withdrawls

ETA: DWTSGossip on twitter has a couple of photos of Maks/Cheryl sneaking a smooch. Maybe everything has been a hoax while they carried on a relationship in private? I heard once they considered each other friends with benefits.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-31-2011 at 12:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread