+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Season 12

Re: Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Season 12

Ralph may really be the worst in the final 4, but that isn't any reason the judges had to be so harsh on him. It makes me wonder how much the producers are involved with this tone--I suspect that if the judges were too nice each week the producers would eventually encourage them to show some emotions. I'm starting to think that a very small number of people behind the scenes control far more of DWTS than we want to believe. The only thing I really think is unscripted is the actual dances and the fan's scores. The rest is just a made for tv production designed to look like a live competition.

I used to think a show like Suvivor was the most heavily over-produced show on tv, and that DWTS was very lightly produced, but more recently I think they are not all that much different.

FORT Fogey

I have fallen in love with Ralph as an entertainment personality. He has the most humble, positive attitude, and I am hoping that this stint on DWTS produces some opportunities for us to see him on something else ( besides another reality show).
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

I wonder if some of the low scoring with Ralph had to do with Karina. If I had only watched this season, I would have not had much of an issue with her. But having watched her over multiple seasons, I remember her bitch face and her petulant behavior, and that came out more often towards the middle of the show. Some of her costuming choices were a little iffy, especially for Ralph. She may have pushed the "sex kitten" image a little too much, and combined with her Playboy shoot....well, TPTB may have pushed back and Ralph got caught in the crossfire. Just a thought.

I am beyond disgusted at what they did to Ralph and Karina/how they treated them. Never have I been so upset/disgusted with DWTS. It's one thing to get eliminated fairly, but when things are so manipulated and the judges are so cruel (with their scores and rude comments), it just really stings. No one deserves that kind of treatment. I really felt Ralph and Karina deserved to be in the finals. He was doing a great job, used the judges comments, was a sweetheart to improve, and got along well with Karina. I just don't understand why they seemed to have it in for him. Why couldn't they be fair? What's so important about having the Disney girl/possible best dancer in the finals?

That said, I fell in love with Ralph this season. What a sweetheart. I love that he is a devoted family man, is sweet, humble, and I loved his relatinship with Karina. They were so sweet and supportive of each other. I'm now a big fan of both of theirs

This season has been ruined for me. I really was expecting them to be in the finals. I hope this will lead to other jobs for Ralph. I'm really going to miss seeing him and Karina dance/interact every week.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I was reading another site, and it mentioned that Karina wasn't going to come back this season until Ralph signed on. I always follow the pros twitters before the cast announcement, to see who's dropping hints as to whether or not they're back. I believe Karina intended to return, so maybe it was the producers who were going to keep her out Just kind of interesting, and makes me wonder if she'll be back next season. It might make the producers look bad if they don't invite her back, because she and Ralph have been pretty vocal about their ouster and Bruno's comment. Karina even called the judges 'the 3 stooges' She must read the boards. CA's still doing damage control on her twitter.

If Chelsea/Mark win, I think it'll be a huge black mark for the show. However, Mark would get this 3rd trophy, get his win with a Disney starlet after his "shocking" ouster with Sabrina in season 5, the Disney plug would win finally after other Disney stars failed, she'd be the youngest winner since Shawn, and the show could try and market itself as young and cool. Having Hines or Kirstie win would be a much better, and less controversial, outcome. There's so many reasons I don't want Chelsea to win-mostly due to Mark and his attitude, also because of how they made the finals, but of the 3 actual stars, I really don't like her compared to Kirstie or Hines. Hines is an absolute delight, and Kirstie has had to work so hard to make it this far.

I'm really going to miss Ralph Frankly nice guys shouldn't do this show, and follow the rules, and work hard, and respect and appreciate your partner and the sport, because look where you gets you. You get thrown under a bus because the young couple who breaks the rules and claims they're doing it for their fans, yet can't get the votes to stay in, gets producer intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    CA's still doing damage control on her twitter..
    Hi karalott. I am not on Twitter. Can you tell me what CA has been saying? Thanks.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Hi karalott. I am not on Twitter. Can you tell me what CA has been saying? Thanks.
    There's quite a few of them, but her twitter addy is Carrie Ann Inaba (carrieanninaba) on Twitter

I remember she took quite a bit of flack last season, if her end of twitter was any indication, after Audrina got booted. Then towards the end there were people who said, when she wished the couples luck, she only meant Kyle, Jennifer, and Bristol. Many, including yours truly, do think the judges play favorites more when it comes to the pros, and therefore will be in favor of their celeb. Maks and Tony have been vocal about the judges in the past, particularly CA, so some think she holds it against them. That, and they tend to stick to the more traditional, less flashy aspects that Mark, Derek, and Lacey go for. Of all the judges, I do think CA takes things more personally, does tend to hold a grudge more than the other 2, can be immature, and likes to think she's right, especially when she has the power of the score and critique. I remember back when Jimmy Kimmel used to ask the ousted couples who they most wanted to punch. Her name came up more than the other 2.

Kara, will there be a return of all the dancers at the end? If so, I look forward to seeing them dance one more time. I didn't think that Ralph was the worst of the final four at all. I think that Kirstie made more mistakes and that Hines didn't do nearly as much real dancing as Ralph. Ralph got robbed just my own opinion or

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Kara, will there be a return of all the dancers at the end? If so, I look forward to seeing them dance one more time. I didn't think that Ralph was the worst of the final four at all. I think that Kirstie made more mistakes and that Hines didn't do nearly as much real dancing as Ralph. Ralph got robbed just my own opinion or
    I think Ralph got robbed by Chelsea and Mark. The other two dancers yes have their issues, but they have been improving and have overcome things to make it that far.

The producers kept in the WTA dance, which was planned as a way to guarantee the best dancers stayed (or a way to counter what happened to Brandi last season), but instead it came a way as guaranteeing someone a spot in the finals when we all know that the duo would've been out at 4.

And the producers cannot tell me they had to keep the WTA dance in there - planning means it can be scrapped, and they could've done it here and let it be a fair fight for the final three. It's obvious to all of us that they wanted Ralph out and their annointed one in there.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    There's quite a few of them, but her twitter addy is Carrie Ann Inaba (carrieanninaba) on Twitter

I remember she took quite a bit of flack last season, if her end of twitter was any indication, after Audrina got booted. Then towards the end there were people who said, when she wished the couples luck, she only meant Kyle, Jennifer, and Bristol. Many, including yours truly, do think the judges play favorites more when it comes to the pros, and therefore will be in favor of their celeb. Maks and Tony have been vocal about the judges in the past, particularly CA, so some think she holds it against them. That, and they tend to stick to the more traditional, less flashy aspects that Mark, Derek, and Lacey go for. Of all the judges, I do think CA takes things more personally, does tend to hold a grudge more than the other 2, can be immature, and likes to think she's right, especially when she has the power of the score and critique. I remember back when Jimmy Kimmel used to ask the ousted couples who they most wanted to punch. Her name came up more than the other 2.
    Thanks!
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread