+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Season 12

Re: Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Season 12

I loved their dance, and just felt awful for them when they fell. Great recovery, though! I was so hoping they would get the encore dance. My heart really went out to Karina when she was crying about the fall. Ralph was so sweet with her. I love how supportive they are of each other.

I was so nervous on results night, and am thrilled they get to continue. Love, Love this pair, and I really hope they make the finals.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I read an article that said Ralph is doing a prohibition themed quick step. Not sure if the quick step will be a good dance or not, but it sounds interesting. Karina's a pretty good choreographer so they have me interested. Plus, this might be their big come back week, unless the judges want them gone and try to get them out the door. The team dances might be the determining factor this week (if my facts are right, every person eliminated during team dance week was on the losing team). Ralph is the only one not have had the cha cha yet, either.

On the one hand, his team of Romeo and Chelsea has judges favorite Mark (who I think, when he isn't being all about himself and trying to be risk taking, can be a strong choreographer), along with Karina and Chelsie. I feel the pros are evenly matched on each side. However, the other side has fan favorite Hines, and judges favorites Kirstie and Kendra (and in Kirstie's case fan fave as well). Obviously all Kendra needs to do is shake her booty and she'll get a good score from Bruno Len may be back to being cranky this week. I wonder how the guest judge will balance things out.

Ralph and Karina have been such a delight this season. He really seems to have brought a different side out to Karina that I've never seen. She may not be my favorite, but I am enjoying her this season. I've always enjoyed her choreography, so I'm glad she got such a great guy and decent dancer in Ralph. He seemed way more concerned that she was upset and might have been hurt than he did about her falling. I remember when Chelsie slipped during a season 8 dance with Ty, he picked her right back up and kept going. I'm amazed when one of the celebs can rebound like that so well.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-29-2011 at 01:34 AM.

I loved their quickstep, and am thrilled it put them back on top of the judges' leaderboard! What a great comeback!! It was my favorite dance of the night, and really made me smile. Fun to watch!

I agree, he and Karina are a delight, and I love this side of Karina he has brought out. I've never been a big Karina fan in the past, but I'm really enjoying her this season. He's such a sweetie, and it melted my heart how concerned he was about Karina when she fell. Aww! And, he's a cutie aswell, in both looks and personality.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan View Post
    I loved their quickstep, and am thrilled it put them back on top of the judges' leaderboard! What a great comeback!! It was my favorite dance of the night, and really made me smile. Fun to watch!

I agree, he and Karina are a delight, and I love this side of Karina he has brought out. I've never been a big Karina fan in the past, but I'm really enjoying her this season. He's such a sweetie, and it melted my heart how concerned he was about Karina when she fell. Aww! And, he's a cutie aswell, in both looks and personality.
    I loved their quick step as well, especially the end where she and Ralph went over the side. I'm glad they weren't hurt, but that was a nice finish. Not sure if it was intended, however, given the soundbites from last night. I've always liked Karina's choreography, but this is the first time since season 6 I've really enjoyed everything she's putting out there. The routines are fun, energetic or elegant (depending on the dance), and seem to get their theme out there. I do worry about the two dances coming up. In no way do I think Ralph will give in and give up, but I feel like it's going to take their toll. This is probably the one season where fan bases are more critical than others, and the judges comments/scores really do make a difference. Which could be why everyone's scored nearly identical. I think the waltz will be a good dance for Ralph. It's interesting that, for his insta-dance, he has the cha cha and while he hasn't had an individual cha cha dance yet, he's the only one doing an ID to a style he has done in some form. He's really beginning to look beat. He and Karina have such a great partnership, and I like how he worries more about her than about what scores or criticisms they're going to get. I was hoping they'd get the encore this week.

I feel like the finale is shaping up to be Hines, Chelsea, and, at the moment, Kirstie, but I think that 3rd slot is open for any of them to take.

Karina has tweeted that she and Ralph are dealing with an injury. She did not specify who had the injury. She said to pray for a speedy recovery so they will be able to dance on Monday.

I don't like the sound of that. Karina's danced through many injuries, so I don't wish it on her, but she might fare better than Ralph. If it is her and she can't dance, I suppose they'd bring in an eliminated female pro like they did when Derek got sick and Maks stepped in season 9

I wonder how type of rule DWTS has, if any, if a celeb can't dance on Monday nights due to illness/injury/emergencies. I know we saw in season 8 the judges can go by pre-recorded rehearsal footage. But what if the celeb doesn't get that far? I doubt they'd judge studio footage. The British version allows a couple a bye week if they have to step out for any of the above instances. It's happened the last two seasons on Strictly. If they have to miss more than a week of the show, they withdraw. However, someone still gets eliminated, and they get to move on to the next week. If Ralph wasn't able to dance this week (assuming he's the injured party), but could next week, I wonder if there's something to keep him in

I have loved these two so much this season and I'd hate to see an injury take them out. I worry about Ralph being able to keep up and his knees as it is. Hopefully it's nothing serious, and that they do get better.

I felt sick when I read Karina's tweet, and am praying they will be able to dance on Monday. Praying it is nothing serious. They are by far my favorites, and I'd be so disappointed if they have to drop out (of course, his/her health is most improtant).

I also love how he worries more about her than the criticism they get from the judges.

Konock on wood this season has been mostly injury free. I would hate to see someone not able to continue at this point in the season.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

ah - I hope they can dance - i really enjoy watching them.
    ďNo matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.Ē George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Ralph Macchio Suffering from a Ruptured Cyst

Will Ralph Macchio be able to perform on Dancing with the Stars Monday night?

"Have missed days of rehearsal this week," Macchio, 49, posted on his Twitter account Monday. "Had a ruptured cyst on the back of my knee causing acute pain. Hoping to be able to perform tonight!"

Macchio and partner Karina Smirnoff are one of five couples remaining in the competition. Each couple is expected to perform two routines Monday.

All season long, Macchio has dealt with the aches and pains associated with Dancing's long hours of training. This time he has Bakerís cyst, which is a buildup of fluid behind the knee.

"I'm an old man," the Karate Kid star joked last month to PEOPLE. "I have a pain management routine that involves a lot of Advil ... Itís some little injury every week. I take a lot of ibuprofen. Old bones, old muscles, young character."

But having gotten this far in the season, Macchio vows the show will go on. "Nothing's gonna ever keep me down," he Tweeted.

Later he added, "Will be rough around the edges w/o rehearse time. But performing with @Karina_Smirnoff for u guys is the hi-light of every week. Hangin in!"
    Ralph Macchio Suffering from a Ruptured Cyst - Health, Dancing With the Stars, Ralph Macchio : People.com
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread