+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Season 12

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    This young man has already accomplished so very much; however, success in this stint is not an automatic given by any means as we all know.
    What I wonder is was he aware of how difficult this really was when he signed up? While I thought his scores where realistic compared to others', he seemed disappointed.
    Does anyone know how long Romeo was on the first time before he had to drop out? I wonder if he just had expectations and it didn't go as planned. I'm biased, and while I don't know much about dancing, I thought he at least deserved 3 7s. His was one of the better of the night, and maybe he thought so, too. Chelsie looked equally as disappointed by the judges comments and scores. Romeo did seem nervous, but maybe he wasn't sure what they were going to say about his dad. Chelsie will whip him into shape.

I, like karalott, hopes he gets over the macho thing. That just doesn't fly in the ballroom. Hopefully, he'll loosen up and just enjoy it for what it is, aside from hard work. He did seem very nervous to me, but with the first week jitters outta the way, he'll just have fun and give it his all next week.
    She should have Louie and Ty come and pay him a visit if he can't get over the macho thing. And if he gets an attitude, there's always Jake to point to to show what'll happen. I like to pretend Michael Bolton was never there. I think once he gets that out of the way, he'll be a better contender. But I just had flashbacks last night to past contestants who could never seem to do any right by the judges, no matter what they did. I hope that doesn't happen to these two.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    She should have Louie and Ty come and pay him a visit if he can't get over the macho thing. And if he gets an attitude, there's always Jake to point to to show what'll happen. I like to pretend Michael Bolton was never there. I think once he gets that out of the way, he'll be a better contender. But I just had flashbacks last night to past contestants who could never seem to do any right by the judges, no matter what they did. I hope that doesn't happen to these two.
    I hope so, too, but I remember what happened with Mario 2.0. He never seemed to catch a break (at least with Len). Hoping that won't happen to Romeo, but you never know. Whatever inhibitions he has, he needs to let them go. As far as the last two seasons... Yeah, trying to forget her partners. Or ignore the fact they ever existed...

I thought Romeo did pretty well, he kind of established himself to me to at this point be in the middle of the pack. I think his scores were about right, considering that the first girl who danced (the Disney star) and the football player got all 7's, and they did very well I thought, I think Romeo was just under them.

One thing I feel that hurt them was their music, it was a really bad song with an odd sort of syncopated beat that didn't at all sound appropriate to cha-cha. Watching them dance to it it seemed they were off-time through nearly the whole thing, I only remembered seeing one cha-cha basic (the New Yorker) performed at the beginning of the routine in time to the music, the rest of it never seemed to click though.

I don't like Romeo's attitude, but I have high hopes Chelsea can get him focused to go far this season.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Does anyone know how long Romeo was on the first time before he had to drop out?
    He wasn't at all. He got injured before it started so his dad took over.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    He wasn't at all. He got injured before it started so his dad took over.
    Thanks. I thought his rehearsing the first time is what got him injured in the first place. So if he's never had any sort of DWTS experience in terms of rehearsals, I guess I can get where he's coming from. Either way, if he's worried about his macho pride, there's more dances with feminine moves coming up (thinking of the samba here). I'll be curious how his quick step goes this week. I'm still rooting for them.

I hope so, too, but I remember what happened with Mario 2.0. He never seemed to catch a break (at least with Len). Hoping that won't happen to Romeo, but you never know. Whatever inhibitions he has, he needs to let them go. As far as the last two seasons... Yeah, trying to forget her partners. Or ignore the fact they ever existed...
    Amen to your last line. I don't know who was worse, Bolton or Jake. I remember Mario could never seem to win Len over. Even when he seemed to take the criticism and do what Len asked, he'd still find an issue to poke at. If I went back and watched other clips of previous dancers I could probably find more examples. And there always seems to be those who are in the judges praise now that'll eventually get a nasty reality check once the couples dwindle down. The first episode always seems to go somewhat smooth in terms of scoring and equal praise/critiques for everyone (give or take), so next week should be interesting. I kind of feel like Romeo, especially in ballroom where Len seems very nitpicky, will have a hard time winning him over.

Who is John Galt?

Another cocky, spoiled kid - poor Chelsea.

I'm still hopeful for Romeo to do well. He has shown a great work ethic in his personal life - not many successfull young rappers go back to college. I hope he can put aside his discomfort and worry that he won't look "cool" and just go for it. Aside from the Michael Bolton trainwreck, Chelsea has a knack for making not great partners look their best.

I feel like Romeo still has some reservations about looking girly, but it seemed like the performer came out more in him this week. And it looked like there was more of a connection with him and Chelsie. I found them to be one of the more enjoyable dances last night. The quicksteps outdid the jives for me by a landslide, and their's was my second favorite of the night. I'm not big on using props for the dances, but I thought the whole prom thing was cute. I especially love Romeo saying if he could do DWTS anyone could do anything they put their mind to. Glad they made it through, and I hope Romeo's got a big enough fanbase to last him awhile. I was a little worried this week when I kept getting through on the phone, but had busy signals for other people I was rooting for.

Who is John Galt?

This kid definitely has the ability to be a really good dancer, but he has a problem with attitude. I just can't get on the bandwagon for him and hope he doesn't win, but he might.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast