+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sugar Ray Leonard & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 12

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Sugar Ray Leonard & Anna Trebunsakaya - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    The trouble is, there aren't enough really bad dancers this season. With Wendy and Mike gone, it really is a pretty level playing field, so it boils down to fanbases from now on. I can't remember another season where that happened this early.
    Me neither. In fact, it seems too perfect. But I'm not complaining The absolute worst dancers left first for once, and now everyone else is pretty much on the same page. I'd argue Ralph, Hines, and possibly Chris and Chelsea have an advantage (actually, I'm more willing to say Chelsea has a huge advantage, but I'm not really sure where people will go if Mark keeps it up ) I think they probably have a solid fan base. The show likely wants Kirstie kept around, and she's probably got a good solid voting bloc. SR wasn't the best dancer, but he was hardly the worst this show has ever seen. I think if he lasted longer we might have seen a little improvement like Ty Murray back in season 8. It did surprise me that he didn't have the votes to hang in there. But it also seems like a lot of attention is being paid to Kendra, Kirstie, Ralph, Hines, Chris, and Chelsea. Also, even though he may have been one of the more well know celebs in the cast and seemed charming and popular doesn't always translate into people voting or people who adore him taking the time to watch the show and vote.

He and Anna went out on a good note. But much like last season putting Audrina/Tony in the bottom 2 with Jennifer/Derek, why put these two against Chelsea/Mark? SR/Anna knew right then they were goners. Maybe the first elimination when they were in the fake bottom 2 was an attempt to get votes for them. Anyway, their dance is one of my favorites so far of the season. Loved Anna's dress and shoes. SR was a delight and it fit him perfectly.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhillian View Post
    SR was the ultimate gentleman last night, I was very sad to see him go. He tried so hard and had such a great attitude, I think he left too soon.
    I would have given him my votes, if I thought he was in jeopardy. I like the guy. He was improving in dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    The trouble is, there aren't enough really bad dancers this season. With Wendy and Mike gone, it really is a pretty level playing field, so it boils down to fanbases from now on. I can't remember another season where that happened this early.
    I have a feeling you are right which means of all the contestants left Petra might be in danger of leaving no matter how well she does this week.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I actually did give him some votes this week because I was afraid he'd bet the boot. Obviously, my votes weren't enough to save him.

I just LOVED their dance this week. It was so sweet, cute, and charming. it was fun to watch, and made me smile.

I was sad to see them go. I knew they weren't going to win, but I was hoping they would at least last another week or 2. Both were very gracious and are true class acts. I'll miss them.

I did throw my votes to SR this past week. As others have said he wasn't the best dancer but what a joy to watch and what a wonderful example of class, grace and warmth. I found myself smiling watching him dance and listening to him talk. Truly a classy man. I wish he would have stayed longer. But again, the demographics for him just aren't there. Plus he's too quiet and dignified for this day and age when one has to make a spectacle of oneself in order to be lauded.
    You would think such a monumentally successful athlete might have a huge ego and a bull headed attitude-but he was so open to being taught and so respectful of how hard the pros work. I don't know, he was a spark of light and happiness and proper behavior and as Len said "The heart of the show."
    Having said that, I fear Petra is the next to go for the same reason-not enough of a fan base. I do believe she has shown steady improvement and her eagerness and willingness to learn and work hard w/o a terrible attitude should count for something. I enjoy the fact that she is enjoying herself. No pouting or complaining about the hard work whichmust be very demanding on her body, considering the injuries she sustained cause a lack of flexibility.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I didn't get a chance to watch Monday's show until Thursday and the Results show today, so I watched through the lens of knowing already that he was eliminated from the competition. I can't remember whose dance it was, but afterwards they panned up the Celebriquarium and Sugar Ray had a look of defeat or of a man knowing that other partnerships were much stronger dancers than he and Anna.

His attitude was tops. I wonder what the feel of the show will be without the heart of the show there next week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234