+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sugar Ray Leonard & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 12

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Sugar Ray Leonard & Anna Trebunsakaya - Season 12

I think SR may be able to bring the character of the paso out easily enough. And if he's afraid of getting aggressive with Anna, he hasn't seen anything yet One of my favorite Anna moments goes back to one of the season 2 group dances and she threatened to walk all over Maks's face after he kept getting in her way. Dance wise, I've always kind of felt you can do a simple paso doble for the choreography part and get away with it. I don't know if minimal dancing will do it for SR, but I think he'll be able to pull it off. I won't be surprised, sadly, if he goes this week, but I think he could possibly last a few more.

Anna tweeted she and Sugar Ray are dancing 8th tonight. With 5 rumbas (Chris, Kendra, Kirstie, Romeo, and Ralph), I'm going to guess we'll get a rumba, then another dance style in between. At least I hope so. A bunch of rumbas in a row would definitely put me to sleep

I'm really hoping SR can win over the judges. I adore Anna and don't want to see her gone yet, and also think SR has a lot more to prove. He's a lot of fun. Depending how the dancing goes, I'm not sure he'll survive, but that's one of the things I like about this season: it's really not obvious who's going home. I can think of a bunch of couples who won't be, but it's nice with things being somewhat unpredictable.

Kim Kardashian tweeted everyone to vote for Sugar Ray....she has millions of followers.

I've always liked Anna, but I'm really glad she's gotten better partners and lasted longer in the last 3 seasons than she did the 3 seasons before that. It seemed like her and Jonathan were cursed to always be voted out first and second. I've grown to like her, her dancing, and choreography even more.

I don't know if she and SR are going to be long for the show, but I'll continue to enjoy them while they're there. I loved seeing SR's son during the result show filler showing off his own moves

SR/Anna's dance was so cute last night. I loved SR being a good sport and putting on ballet tights. Anna looked gorgeous. I hope she's back again next season with a partner that can hopefully get her the win. She's always been one of my favorites and I hope she's considered a regular where the producers are concerned. He went out on a high note. The man has such class and a charming personality. Even if he wasn't the best dancer, he was a lot of fun to watch. Like many of the couples this season, he and Anna made a good duo. I look forward to seeing them in the finale.

So sad to see him go tonight! What a great attitude he had!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Newbie

Sugar Ray showed a lot of class during the elimination show. I really enjoyed his performances. Anna did a great job too.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

SR was the ultimate gentleman last night, I was very sad to see him go. He tried so hard and had such a great attitude, I think he left too soon.

Bummer! If I had known Sugar Ray didn't have a lot of people voting for him I would have. He's an absolute legend and I'm shocked he didn't have the votes to stay longer. He also was so much fun to watch because he had such a great, fun attitude as Parkhillian and Miss Griss said. I also thought he and Anna also made a great team, Kara. Did you see them on Jimmy Kimmel last night? They were adorable.

I really just can't get over the surprise that he left so early. He wasn't the best dancer but it seemed like he deserved to stay based on charisma and it seemed a given considering his high profile. Maybe a lot of people assumed he had a solid block of people voting for him? The judges also could have helped him out since they seemed to be underscoring him, I thought. The rest of the DWTS season will definitely be less fun without him there.
    Last edited by chrisg; 04-14-2011 at 12:44 AM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

The trouble is, there aren't enough really bad dancers this season. With Wendy and Mike gone, it really is a pretty level playing field, so it boils down to fanbases from now on. I can't remember another season where that happened this early.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast