+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

Wendy Williams

"Talk's Biggest Talker"

Pro: Tony Dovolani

Called a "breakthrough in daytime" by The New York Times, Wendy Williams burst onto the national talk show scene in 2009 with the launch of her daily, syndicated program, The Wendy Williams Show. Touted by People as one of the "best shows of 2009," the critically-acclaimed series now has the distinction of being destination television.

A mother, wife and bestselling author, Wendy built a devoted following from her years as one of radio's most popular personalities. In addition to her daytime TV success, Wendy will host GSN's new original series Love Triangle, slated to premiere April of 2011.

Wendy was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame (only the second African American woman to be honored by the organization) in November of 2009. She is the author of two New York Times bestsellers, Wendy's Got The Heat and The Wendy Williams Experience. Well, Wendy's next experience has her taking center stage on Dancing With The Stars. Can't wait to see her in action!

Cast Bios - ABC.com

Meet the Cast video - ABC.com

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

Love me some Wendy. I'm thinking if she can't dance, she'll at least bring the comedy. I worry about her, fanbase wise, especially if she can't dance and her comedy schtick gets old by episode 2. I think she's a riot

I wonder if she'll be any good. I keep hoping they will give Tony a real contender.

Wendy has been begging to get on DWTS. Unfortunately, I don't think she is a very good dancer. I can see her being one of the early ones to go unless she really improves.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Wendy has been begging to get on DWTS. Unfortunately, I don't think she is a very good dancer. I can see her being one of the early ones to go unless she really improves.
    Sadly, I agree And fan base wise, I think she's one of the least recognizable of the cast. Not that it always matters, but in her case I think it will. She's a lot of fun and I'll miss that if she leaves early. I'll feel bad for Tony, too. I remember last season Jimmy Kimmell called him the Susan Lucci of DWTS, and he responded he hoped it wouldn't be that long for him to get a win However, I'll be surprised if it ever happens for him.

I'm currently watching my very first Wendy Williams Show ever. She is doing the show from NYC right now (10AM ET, maybe she taped it an hour ago), then she is hopping on a plane to LA to make the show tonight, and since there is no results show this week, she is hopping a redeye back to NY overnight to do the rest of her shows.

Apparently she's going to do this every week...how insane. She seems a little punch-drunk, but then I can't tell, maybe she's always this scattered, and always rambles on this fast.

And I have to say it...are those things really hers?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'm currently watching my very first Wendy Williams Show ever. She is doing the show from NYC right now (10AM ET, maybe she taped it an hour ago), then she is hopping on a plane to LA to make the show tonight, and since there is no results show this week, she is hopping a redeye back to NY overnight to do the rest of her shows.

Apparently she's going to do this every week...how insane. She seems a little punch-drunk, but then I can't tell, maybe she's always this scattered, and always rambles on this fast.

I thought her show was going on hiatus while she did the show. Maybe she realized her chances are slim of lasting long. Tony did this when he was partnered with Susan Lucci (going back and forth between NYC and LA). At least he'll get to spend time with his family. But all that has to take it's toll, especially on show day.

And to answer your last question, yes, I think she's all Wendy I first heard about Wendy Williams watching The Soup. She's a character. One of The Soups mock awards was Woman of the Year and they awarded that to Wendy. I think her personality will be fun for some, way too much for others.

From what I'm seeing today, I think she will be a lot of fun on DWTS, but I don't know if I could watch her show every day. She breaks every rule of professional TV etiquette, but that's also part of her charm. Her guests don't seem to have to work very hard because they can barely get a word in.

She said she and Tony have been rehearsing all this time in a little warehouse studio in nearby NJ, "near the Target." Her show was in reruns for a while until this week.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post

I'm embarrassed to say I know the answer to this. I occasionally watch her show (love her ) and she has been very open about discussing her "enhancements" (as well as her many wigs), so, no.

I agree that she probably will not be very good and will be gone in a few weeks, unless her very loyal contingent of fans really goes overboard in voting for her.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I'm embarrassed to say I know the answer to this. I occasionally watch her show (love her ) and she has been very open about discussing her "enhancements" (as well as her many wigs), so, no.

I agree that she probably will not be very good and will be gone in a few weeks, unless her very loyal contingent of fans really goes overboard in voting for her.
    I knew about her wigs, but I guess I missed the show about her other enhancements. I should have known I don't really watch her show too often anymore (it's hard for me to get into talk shows). Here's a funny clip, though, from back when Maks/Karina were engaged and appeared on her show. Apparently Maks had a hard time looking elsewhere:

YouTube - Dancing with the stars, Maksim Chmerkovskiy on Wendy Williams

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast