+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

Re: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

When I first heard she was Tony's partner, I didn't have very high hopes of her being a good dancer. I never watched her show, but people told me she had a fun personality. I hoped she would bring her fun personality to DWTS, and that would help make up for her lack of dance ability. Kind of like how Ty Murray lasted so long, people liked his personality. Too bad she wasn't able to bring out her fun personality on the show.

I'm sad to see Tony get booted off so soon. Hopefully he'll last much longer next season.

I watched her show for the first time ever the other day.
    She came across really well and very kind to the people who came on her show.
    She seemed a lot more thoughtful than most interviewers.
    Sorry she did not bring that side to DWTS.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Or she might have thought, "If Niecy Nash can make it all the way to 5th place, so can I!"
    Niecy was obviously a much better dancer than Wendy, even if I would have taken her out a little sooner than 5th. But Niecy backed hers up with her personality. Which got old for me after a few episodes, but to people who knew her and liked her it was obviously a draw. I can't say I would have voted for Wendy if she had brought her big personality to the stage, but I would have certainly enjoyed her more and been more sorry to see her leave. Even if she knew her dance clock was ticking, she should have at least tried to have fun.

I do agree being in the spotlight like Wendy, with your own talk show, and talking big up until the premiere had to be tough to return to after you bombed out. And the worst thing for her was, all but 1 other celeb (Mike) are either decent or great with potential to grow even more. It's not like season 8 or 9 where there's plenty of bad dancing to go around. She and Mike were the worst two, with no hope to get better. Plus, everyone else seems to be having fun and enjoying themselves. It might have been a good idea on paper and a good idea for exposure, but I think Wendy went in with much higher expectations about how well she'd do, both dance wise and with the judges/audience. Obviously she wasn't a big draw that the producers wanted to keep around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789