+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

That costume was another sore spot for her performance last night. The skirt on the dress was way too short and Wendy looked like she might pop out at any moment. It was a letdown. I have a feeling Wendy went in pumped and then just froze. She's not a dancer, but I think she could at least have some fun with everything and show that side of her. She did walk through the routine, and she didn't even do that very good. I think she goes next week, unless she really steps it up, but if not she'll probably be the second one gone. Even if she makes an impression, everyone else did last night, too, and some people may not switch back to giving her votes. Not to mention other people have a fanbase advantage, and I don't know how her's compares. Tony went through enough throughout the seasons dumbing down his choreography and dragging his partners across the stage. I hate to see that happen to him again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    That costume was another sore spot for her performance last night. The skirt on the dress was way too short and Wendy looked like she might pop out at any moment. It was a letdown. I have a feeling Wendy went in pumped and then just froze. She's not a dancer, but I think she could at least have some fun with everything and show that side of her. She did walk through the routine, and she didn't even do that very good. I think she goes next week, unless she really steps it up, but if not she'll probably be the second one gone. Even if she makes an impression, everyone else did last night, too, and some people may not switch back to giving her votes. Not to mention other people have a fanbase advantage, and I don't know how her's compares. Tony went through enough throughout the seasons dumbing down his choreography and dragging his partners across the stage. I hate to see that happen to him again.
    I thought she basically walked through it, but I think she must have a very large fan base. If we had dismissed someone Tuesday night, I don't think it would have been Wendy.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Fanatic

I subscribe to her web site, and not even 30 seconds after they danced, an e-mail popped up asking us to vote, and the phone number. I like Wendy, and was surprised as she is so over the top, but I know she's not a dancer, but I doubt she will bring the mirror ball home.

Was she worse than Kate, for me NO, no one is worse than "shopping cart Kate."
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fanatic

Here's one thing I don't get about her: She's had both Maks and Karina on her talk show (while they were engaged), so she must be familiar with the show, and since Tony is Maks' best friend, I would assume she would know who he was. Her total lack of familiarity with him when she met him rather irritated me. THEN... on her first new show episode this week, she talked about how she was going to rock her "two step". Yes... TWO STEP! One of her crew members (or audience members) had to correct her and say "Quickstep". I think that having to travel back and forth to practice, do her show, and then do DWTS is taking her focus right out of everything. I agree her fans may keep her in for a couple of weeks, but I don't think she'll be around as long as Kate was.

My poor Tony... He really is too nice and coddling.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    If Wendy would focus on dancing and rehearsal, I think she would do much better. So far she's been commuting to New York and Tony is probably having as difficult time getting her to concentrate as he did with Kate.
    I was under the impression when she first was announced as a competitor that her show was going on hiatus for the duration of her stay on DWTS, not just for the initial rehearsal period of 3 weeks. I agree that if she is to improve at all, she needs more rehearsal time, not less. But I wonder if a decision was made to change the plan, and if so, if it was to focus more on drumming up votes from her viewers by doing her show, than on trying to substantially improve her dancing. I'm sure she's trying hard, but I just don't see her as having very much potential in any area; grace, musicality, flexibility, stamina, athleticism. Her only asset is her personality, but it appears that her stage fright is inhibiting that from coming across as well.

Quote Originally Posted by catgyrl View Post
    Here's one thing I don't get about her: She's had both Maks and Karina on her talk show (while they were engaged), so she must be familiar with the show, and since Tony is Maks' best friend, I would assume she would know who he was. Her total lack of familiarity with him when she met him rather irritated me. THEN... on her first new show episode this week, she talked about how she was going to rock her "two step". Yes... TWO STEP! One of her crew members (or audience members) had to correct her and say "Quickstep". I think that having to travel back and forth to practice, do her show, and then do DWTS is taking her focus right out of everything. I agree her fans may keep her in for a couple of weeks, but I don't think she'll be around as long as Kate was.

This is funny, because their team name is MY TONY, since that's apparently what Wendy calls him. They ought to change the name to MY POOR TONY, stat.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by catgyrl View Post

If it weren't for The Soup, I never would have heard of Wendy. So this might be a way (as it is for a lot of wannabe dancers) to drum up more interest and make her more mainstream. I did think it was a little funny that Tony greeted Wendy with her signature "how you doin'" and she replied "and you are?" Do some research girl, Tony's one of the longest running pros on this show. It doesn't surprise me for Wendy to call the quick step a two step, or maybe even research the two step thinking that's the dance she was doing (a few seasons too late). Wendy is also the one who said Elin Nordegruns (sp?) mother was a public official in the country of Eastern Switzerland, and when a picture of Kanye West flashed on her screen said "that's Joel McHale!".

Wendy's bit in her intro is what I'm hoping she brings to the dance floor. That's the personality everyone was expecting, and she didn't deliver.

WW did look extremely nervous. A shame that she really has no rhythm or natural dance ability, as she seems like a larger than life personality.
    I am not sure why they paired her with Tony, though. She just towers over him.
    Are all the male Pros that short that they couldn't find any one larger for her, or Kirstie, for that matter?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    WW did look extremely nervous. A shame that she really has no rhythm or natural dance ability, as she seems like a larger than life personality.
    I am not sure why they paired her with Tony, though. She just towers over him.
    Are all the male Pros that short that they couldn't find any one larger for her, or Kirstie, for that matter?
    Maks is 6'2" - plenty tall for Kirstie, and an even better match for Wendy, in my opinion. Tony claims to be 6', though he looks more than 2" shorter than Maks, to me. Sad to say, the rest of the male pros aren't much taller than that.

LOL, I think it's funny she calls him "My Tony" because I call him that, too!

I'm so upset and disappointed he has gotten another, um, "challenging" partner. I just adore Tony, and so want him to win. I'm beginning to think it is never going to happen. I really wish the casting department would give him someone he actually had a chance with again. Maybe an Olympian.

+ Reply to Thread