+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Dancing with the Stars S12 (Spring): Official Live Cast Reveal

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Dancing with the Stars S12 (Spring): Official Live Cast Reveal

I think Team Sugarbuns is cute I haven't seen any other team name yet; I did see Maks, Tony, and Karina throwing ideas around. I think they (she and Ralph) settled on Karacchio. From everything I've be reading (aside from the disappointment that there's no Bristol, Kate, or Pamela celeb this year), a lot of sites are picking Kendra as the favorite to win. Including E! Online, but they have to be bias. I'm surprised, but happy. Of the girls, I really don't know until I see them dance who might do well. Kirstie and Kendra are probably the most well known. I bet Chelsea, because of Mark, does very well and goes far, maybe even win (especially if they want him to have his 3 trophies). I could see Petra going very far or going out early, depending how she dances and whether she and Dmitry are any fun.

From the guys I think Hines could win, just because athletes have done very well, especially football players, and he's definitely got a big fanbase leading in. Not sure on anyone else. I agree, Cheryl's pose and face surprised me in that photo. She looked unhappy. A big contrast to Chris's smiling face. Maybe all isn't going well already and she doesn't like it. Lacey needs to pick a hair color and stick with it. I'm already hoping for an early exit for them.

Do you know why Kendra is being picked as the favorite to win??

I don't know of many people who have actually heard of her.
    Does she have prior dancing experience? It's not like she's being paired with the favorite pro.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Perhaps I need to take back what I said about Cheryl not looking happy if this prediction article is anything to go by:

‘DWTS’ Rehearsal Exclusive: Kendra Is Excelling, But Kirstie Alley Is Falling Apart! Hollywood Life

Not sure if I believe it, since they call Ralph the Jerry Springer of the season-sweet guy, will be a sentimental favorite, but not cutting it so far as a dancer. For some reason I'm not totally surprise if that turns out to be true. But I still adore the guy Also on the bottom tier are Kirstie, Wendy, and while they don't say it, I'm thinking Mike and Petra. I'm already falling asleep reading about some of these pairs, and the show hasn't even started. I'm sure Dmitry is hoping that them being a pretty pair is enough to get them through a few weeks. Maybe not having a professional choreographer as a partner we'll get to see what he can do for a change. Sugar Ray seems to be somewhere in the middle. No surprise that Chelsea/Mark are doing well, but I'm still hoping they don't win. I just want someone else to have a chance this season, and hopefully the judges don't overdo it on anyone with the praise or criticism. The author says Hines is one to watch out for (not a surprise), as is Chris, Romeo (thankfully nothing like his dad, and that Chelsie is thrilled), and Kendra. I do hope that Kirstie and Wendy last awhile. Not because I'm a fan of their's and their pros, and right now I'd rather see them last. And I think they'll be fun.

I guess it depends what the author of the articles you read regarding Kendra as a front runner, norealityhere. E! obviously isn't going to say anything otherwise; some are saying she's athletic and has the moves; I think she's a zany enough character to make it interesting, and some are ready for Louis to have a non-comdienne partner this season. Some others are thinking like me that we'll be seeing a Kelly/Louis 2.0 with these two. I don't know if they're basing it on her being a more recognizable name of the cast that likely has a better shot or what. Maybe the underdog factor? As I said, it just depends what you read to get what people are saying. One interesting tidbit I read was that Kendra wanted to be in a same sex pairing.

Thanks, Karalott
    Yes, I can certainly understnad how E! would want to publicize that. I think she's on E!, correct?

I think Petra will probably get eliminated early. The models usually seem to.
    With the exception of Joanna - but, then, what she did I don't really consider modeling!!

What is good is that there seems to be a fairly level playing field this year.
    I just wish there were more interesting / good people on the show to cheer for!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Thanks, Karalott
    Yes, I can certainly understnad how E! would want to publicize that. I think she's on E!, correct?

I think Petra will probably get eliminated early. The models usually seem to.
    With the exception of Joanna - but, then, what she did I don't really consider modeling!!

What is good is that there seems to be a fairly level playing field this year.
    I just wish there were more interesting / good people on the show to cheer for!
    Yes, Kendra's show is on E! (and I love it!) I feel like E! has become the former GND/Kardashian network with random specials thrown in about every type of psychopathic killer and their off spring, with the occasional celebrity special who's currently in the downward spiral (hello, Charlie Sheen).

Joanna's the only model I can think of who did well-and to be quite honest, I don't think her dancing was really as good as the judges made it up to be. I don't want this to sound like a dig at Derek, but she was probably my least favorite partner of his, and perhaps even more overrated than I found Brooke. Paulina Proizkova was eliminated first in season 4 (I would have loved to have seen her do better), and the first 2 boots for season 5 were models. I think they'll go either way. She'll have the backstory TPTB love and will milk for all it's worth, plus Dmitry has a pretty hard core fanbase that's excited to see him back. I'll give them a chance, but I'm not expecting too much. The above article I posted said he's really going by the book. Maybe he learned something from all his rule breaking with Mya. She may be a surprise contender, especially with her backstory, injuries, and if she wows everyone. I doubt they'll make the finals but if the other pre-show front runners fizzle out they could sneak in there.

I am excited that it seems we'll have to watch before we get an idea how everyone's going to dance. Obviously, I'm not expecting a lot from Kirstie (sadly), Sugar Ray (blame it on the past boxers), and expect big things from Romeo, Chelsea Kane, and Hines. But that could all change! And that's what I'm excited about. No Nicole's or Mya's, and thank God no Buzz's (bless his heart, but he didn't have a chance) or Bristol's. Joel McHale already gave his shout out to Wendy on The Soup this week; he told her to wipe the floor with everyone and quit asking how everyone's doing (that's her catch phrase, "how you doin'?") I'm content with the cast, but as I said, ask me a few weeks after the premiere or at the finale. I may be wishing for the next season and the return of Derek more than anyone

Per twitter, some more dance assignments:

Foxtrot: Ralph, Chelsea, Kirstie

Cha Cha: Kendra

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    I hope Kirstie doesn't try recruiting Max to Scientology.
    I hope not....I didn't know she was involved in that though. I will keep my comments to myself.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Given the lack of controversial "stars" this season, I'm hoping we get to see more of the friendships forming and celebrities supporting one another.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    Given the lack of controversial "stars" this season, I'm hoping we get to see more of the friendships forming and celebrities supporting one another.

You bring up a good point. I wonder if the ratings will suffer because they don't have any polarizing celebs this season.

It doesn't bother me, but it will be something to keep an eye on.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789