+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars S12 (Spring): Official Live Cast Reveal

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Dancing with the Stars S12 (Spring): Official Live Cast Reveal

Take out Chris for Ralph and that's my pre-show dream final 3 right now. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone for a change, because there's really the unknown factor. I'm sure we'll get more of a sense of who's doing well and who's tanking as the premiere gets closer. But as we've learned, that doesn't always mean anything. Since the Hoff was an unexpected early exit last season, I wonder if the show will try and save some of the bigger personalities. Maks tweeted that he's having an amazing time, so hopefully he's not loaded with sarcasm. I'd love to see Kirstie do better than I'm picturing, even if her personality grates. It seems like the show took a safer root this season by not casting anyone like Bristol, Kate, or (that we know of) anyone with a huge dancing advantage.

GMA is officially revealing the pairings tomorrow, though I think they've all been leaked.

I'm totally underwhelmed. Sorry.
    I probably know less than 1/3 of the people competing this year.
    What can you say when Celebrity Apprentice has a better cast than Dancing With the Stars?!!
    I would have preferred that they cast some "notorious" celeb/political figure/et al, than this cast.
    And, with no Derek this season, I just don't know if I'm all that motivated to watch.
    I've never tuned into the Celebrity Apprentice, but believe it or not I might just to see Richard Hatch. Plus Gary Busey is always good for a laugh I've missed Julianne, and will miss Derek, even though I feel like he's King Midas on this show. I'd much rather have Derek than Mark or Dmitry. Even though he was a ham that could grate on my last nerve at times, I began warming back up to him last season (Jennifer was the one who bugged). If acting is what he wants to pursue, I hope it works out for him.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-02-2011 at 12:22 AM.

I am looking forward to Kendra, Sugar Ray, Chris Jericho(I am WWE uber fan)Chris looks like a child of Chef Ramsey,lol. I am not a steeler fan,but Hinz Ward is hot with a nice smile.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Pairings (per EW)...

'Dancing With the Stars': The celeb-pro pairings! | PopWatch | EW.com

Well, well, well. I’m sure you’ve been on the edges of your sequined armchairs waiting for my reaction to the new DWTS cast. Sorry about the delay — I had to spend the entire day figuring out who the hell these people are. Just kidding! Google is easy. No, I spent much of the day seeking out the rumored Star-Pro pairings for season 12.

Sadly, Enthusiastic Activia Lady Jamie Lee Curtis could not find time in her busy schedule of eating yogurt and crafting paper bracelets to answer my late November prayers. WTF, EAL?

The couples in the running for season 12′s COVETED MIRRORBALL TROPHY…. are…. coming up, after the break!

‘DANCING WITH THE STARS’: THE SEASON 12 COUPLES

Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff

Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya

WWE star Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke

E! boobmonger Kendra Wilkinson and Louis van Amstel

Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani

Rapper Lil Romeo and Chelsie Hightower

Disney actress Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas

Footballer Hines Ward and Kym Johnson

“Psycho” Mike Catherwood and Lacey Schwimmer

Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin (Welcome back!)

ABC’s official announcement is tomorrow.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Go Chelsie Kaye!

So so excited for this season to start! I think the cast is fantastic! There really isn't any celeb on it that I just can't stand and hope they go first! That honor goes to my least favorite pros!
    I think it's so funny how many people keep complaining and say they'll sit this season out. It just doesn't seem any different to me than previous seasons and yet, they still manage to have top viewing ratings!

I'm okay with this season. H. Ward always has a big smile, and may have larger fan following than other football players since he plays for Pittsburgh, which has big fan base.

If they can resist the temptation to focus all the attention on Kirstie it should be great.

Given that many of these people are not all that well known I'd like to see them dance for a few weeks before they start eliminating people. They would have to compensate this with a few mid-season double eliminations, but I never think it fair to see someone go the first few weeks before they've had a chance to show their personality.

So far Maks seems to be having fun. Hopefully he has a good time this season. I don't think Kirstie has a chance of winning, so maybe he needs a season he can kick back and relax. Especially after all the drama of last season. Karina also seems to be really happy. I may not like her, but I guess I'm glad she's got a good contender this season. Hopefully, for Ralph's sake. She said she's getting married next January and wants to start a family so she may not have many DWTS seasons left under her belt.

I hope Kirstie doesn't try recruiting Max to Scientology.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Karina tweeted her and Ralph's first dance is the foxtrot (so week 2 they'll have whatever latin dance their is).

Jonathan, who's not part of this season (again), tweeted he's moving on from DWTS but asks everyone to keep supporting Anna. I'll miss Jonathan I know he probably never would have had a chance of winning, or even getting a solid contender unless it was by luck. I have to say, part of the boredom I'm getting with the show is we know what to expect with the pros. I have my faves I'd definitely miss, but I'd really like to see some old pros brought back and maybe a few news ones added. I can't even say we haven't seen some of these pros go far that usually don't, because in the last 3 seasons, this whole group has gotten far at least once.

And here's ABC's press release for the season. Some key things:

Daily News Releases

*The premiere is Monday, March 21st (two hours, obviously); the first elimination is Tuesday, March 29th @ 9pm
    *The finale is Tuesday, May 24th @ 9pm
    *Monday, April 18th marks the 1,000 dance performed on the show (and we're down to an hour and a half by then). Nothing else noted but expect a gimmick for this.

Dancing With the Stars Season 12 - Photo Gallery - E! Online

Here's a link to the official promo pictures. I wish I could be more excited about Dmitry being back, but I think he and Petra are going to be a beautiful, but boring pair. His choreography has always left a lot to be desired. I almost didn't recognize Karina. Their photo looks like she and Ralph were photoshopped together. I wish he was smiling more. I wonder if Chelsea is taller than Mark? Even though she's at a slant here, it almost looks like it. Romeo/Chelsie and Kendra/Louis are my favorite pics.

My faves are the same of yours, Kara. Have these two thought of their team names yet? I've heard Chris and Cheryl are "Cherico" and Sugar Ray and Anna are "Sugarbuns" <--totally cute, by the way. But that's all I've heard.

I hate to say this, but IMO Cheryl looks awful in that promo pic. I think that's the worst I've seen of her. The expression, the dress, the hair, the position. Just no. And Lacey? Even worse. The stance they have her in makes her legs look bigger and the dark on top light on bottom hair she has going on just looks trashy. Just dye your hair dark again, Lacey, please. It looks SO much better. But not like, jet black. A nice soft brown will do wonders for this girl.

+ Reply to Thread