+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars S12 (Spring): Official Live Cast Reveal

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Dancing with the Stars S12 (Spring): Official Live Cast Reveal

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm totally underwhelmed by this cast. I LOVE Maks, but Kirstie Ally's voice and personality grate, so I'm torn. I want her eliminated immediately, but I want him to stick around as long as possible. Argh! I guess I'll hope for laryngitis and a personality 180 for Kirstie.

I'll probably watch, but I can't imagine being very excited about it.
    I'm with you Critical. I really don't like Kirstie, but LOVE Maks. I knew they would stick him with someone that wouldn't last long
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Oh Petra.....you are too good for this show. She is such a kind and sweet person (if anybody caught her short lived series A Model's Life) and this show is murder on models (real models, not the bikini babes like Brooke). Poor thing.

Meh, probably will skip this season. The rest don't interest me and I don't want to see Petra tarnished by this show.

How come Master Pathetics' child is being allowed back on this show? This is the same one who broke his contract and ditched the show, right? And then forced us all to have to endure his father?
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Re: Dancing with the Stars S12 (Spring): Official Cast

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I think Kirstie will be a lot of fun. Between knowing what I know of her, Wendy, and Kendra, along with what Chris Jericho fans have said, I think this is going to be a great, fun, non-political, non-controversial, suspensful, non-polarizing, no ringers in sight season (I hope-I'll also again add hopefully no gimmicks, no favoritism, no drama, and no showmances). I wouldn't even count anyone out that may not have a huge fanbase. Like Mike C.? He could surprise us. I think it's anyone's game right now.

I just hope the rumors of the partners are true. But DWTSGossip got the other spoilers right, so I have no reason to doubt them. Am officially on the Ralph/Romeo/Kendra/Kirstie/Wendy express. I hope Sugar Ray and Chris deliver.

So the concrete rumors in Lorenzo and Faye didn't go anywhere. Thankfully no Christine O'Donnell, either. A pretty young cast this season it looks like. Sugar Ray is the token old person.

Wow, the token old person at age 54. Where's my cane? Marge.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    Weird... not sure if my other post went through. Anyway... Kirstie seems to be the "token old person" - she just turned 60 last month. She may be overweight, but she's by no means "old and decrepit/fragile" a la Susan Lucci!

FORT Newbie

I am super disappointed in this cast. Majority of them are not stars in any way shape or form. Has Ralph done anything since the karate kid? I'm getting sick of this show grabbing d list celebrities....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    I'll stand corrected. I thought he was older than that Okay, so he's the oldest of the group (I think). Or is that Kirstie? I'm just glad we don't have the geratric Buzz or Cloris person that is going to be hopeless but get by for the sympathy factor. I think Sugar Ray will be fun, I hope. Even if he can't dance, but eventually they'll get a boxer that can.

ETA: Kirstie is 60?! Wow, now I'm beginning to feel old

Oh Petra.....you are too good for this show. She is such a kind and sweet person (if anybody caught her short lived series A Model's Life) and this show is murder on models (real models, not the bikini babes like Brooke). Poor thing.

Meh, probably will skip this season. The rest don't interest me and I don't want to see Petra tarnished by this show.

How come Master Pathetics' child is being allowed back on this show? This is the same one who broke his contract and ditched the show, right? And then forced us all to have to endure his father?
    I don't know anything about Petra, except her back story from the tsunami. I don't know if Joanna Krupa counts as a bikini model or real model, but she's the only one I can remember doing really well. But, she had Derek. So that's different. The other models I can remember (Paulina, Josie, and Albert) were all the first or second eliminated in their seasons. I don't know how Petra will do. She has Dmitry, who underwhelms me in so many ways. But he's popular, I'm sure his fans will be voting like crazy for him so the show doesn't ditch him next season, and they'll be a pretty couple that I'm sure at least Bruno will drool over. Dance and fanbase wise I don't know. Some are speculating tea party darling Christine O'Donnell turned them down at the last minute so they may have had to scramble and had Petra on standby. Thank god if that's the case I just realized how un-controversial this cast is. After Kate, then Bristol, I'm going to enjoy it. I just hope the ratings don't take any serious nose dive because then the producers will be convinced the key to high ratings is to cast the likes of those two. I've been reading a lot of grumbling about this season scraping the bottom of the barrel and the lack of star power-but when has DWTS ever had a cast of A-listers or people that the entire audience knew?

Romeo was injured during season 2, so Master P stepped in. Why he didn't let his back up, David Carradine, take over since he had no interest whatsoever I'll never know. Poor Ashly. I wonder what she thinks having a former partner of hers return and be partnered with someone else. Hopefully Romeo shows us he's nothing like his dad. Dance and attitude wise.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-01-2011 at 02:30 PM.

I'm totally underwhelmed. Sorry.
    I probably know less than 1/3 of the people competing this year.
    What can you say when Celebrity Apprentice has a better cast than Dancing With the Stars?!!
    I would have preferred that they cast some "notorious" celeb/political figure/et al, than this cast.
    And, with no Derek this season, I just don't know if I'm all that motivated to watch.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Well I am over the moon for this cast. No Derek. No controversial figure. I'm interested in all of them. All of them. Wow.

Kirstie, b/c come on, she's Kirstie Alley

Wendy, b/c ppl say she's hilarious and she's partnered w my dear Tony

Romeo, b/c Chelsie finally caught a break

Sugar Ray, b/c he's paired with Anna

Hines, b/c he's Korean, and I work for Koreans, so I'm anxious to see him

Ralph, b/c again, come one, he's Ralph Macchio

Chelsea, b/c she seems fun

Chris, b/c he also seems fun and I'm excited to see Cheryl w someone w a big personality

Mike, b/c ppl say he's edgy & w edgy Lacey they might at least be entertaining

Petra, b/c she seems like she has a heart of gold

Kendra, b/c she's one of my favorite tv personalities EVER

I knew who most of them were. 8 of the 11 actually. I say good job, DWTS

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm excited for the cast, too. I just hope they deliver on the comedy and at least can dance. I love not having a clear front runner or sure thing first boot yet. If we have a boring season, I'll gladly take it over having to endure another controversial political figure. I don't think politics, religious fixtures, or anyone along the lines of Al Sharpton (a DWTS producer wish pick) or someone like Tiger Woods's mistresses should even come up for consideration. If they did another political figure, hopefully he/she can dance, and that the fans voting for her are actually watching the show and not bragging about how they rigged the voting system. Last season was a hot mess, and quite honestly I found the cast boring as a whole. Too much drama, too many injuries and illnesses in the last few seasons, so I'm glad we might actually have fun. I'll admit I'll miss Derek's dancing and choreography, and would have preferred to see him stay over Mark. But I'm glad the other pros might have a shot this season. I doubt Derek is gone for good like Julianne.

I wish Ralph had a different partner, because I just can't like Karina. Luckily I love him enough. I hope that Hines isn't a handful for Kym, and that Kirstie does better than expected so Maks can stick around. But maybe he needs out early for his bachelor commitments I'm so excited to see Kendra and Wendy. Hopefully Romeo can leave a better legacy than his dad did. I pity that he'll have to endure that, at least for the first episode. Chris Jericho does seem like a lot of fun and a big, bubbly personality. So while I don't care for Cheryl, if we had a repeat winner this season, hopefully it's her or Kym. At least it's been a long time since she's won. What little I've read/heard about Mike he seems a tad obnoxious. So we'll see. Lacey's my least favorite so I won't be too broken hearted to see them leave early. I'm most anxious to see Sugar Ray. It'd be fun to have a season of no ringers, but no clunkers, and everyone has a decent shot at improving and winning. But check with me after the premiere, I may be singing a different tune Other seasons looked so good on paper and by the end of week 1 I know it was going to be a looong season.

I read the first two dances for week 1 are the cha cha and foxtrot.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-01-2011 at 04:46 PM.

I love that there is no obvious ringer this season! We finally have what everyone has been wanting for a while now! I love that no one stands out from the pack and that they all we will have to work for it! I am excited to watch this season to see who really can move! They all seem to be fun (except Kirstie..but I just don't like her)...I'm really excited!

My preshow favs are def Kendra, Chris, and Romeo! I think Romeo will end up impressing a lot of people..or at least I hope so!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

+ Reply to Thread