+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars S12 (Spring): Official Live Cast Reveal

Re: Dancing with the Stars S12 (Spring): Official Cast

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    The Disney kid is cute. She kind of reminded me of Kellie Pickler
    I thought the same thing.

Ralph Macchio? I love love love him. I had the biggest crush on him back in the day. I so can't wait for him...he better last.

This is kinda sad, but I let out a scream when they announced him. Scared my daughter. He still looks so young.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Consider me Hines Ward team. Once you get to know that smile, you'll fall in love. There were no rumors here in Pgh letting on. Big surprise. He's very personable.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Thanks for hanging out Rymac!

Assuming all the info is correct on the returning pros and partnerships, then Lacey would have to be with Mike. I've never heard of him, but Kyle got all the way to the finals last season, so I wouldn't count him out. But because it's Lacey, I wouldn't mind if they went first. That, and I'm attached to too many others in the cast to see them go first. I like your thoughts.

Chelsea/Mark: I know nothing about her (I'll faint the day I actually recognize a Disney star). I can't stand Mark, and I don't want to see him anywhere near the finals. I hope the show doesn't prove me right by giving him a 3rd win to make up for Bristol. Disney stars have always done well, and I don't think she's any exception. If anything, they'll annoy me. I expect them to be the judges favorite.

Kirstie/Maks: I'm a fan of both. I think Kirstie will be fun, but I think she's as unlikeable to the same amount of people she's likeable. She and Maks may butt heads and Maks might make her cry. I hope she is the Kelly Osbourne of the season, loses weight, makes the audience cry, and is the inspirational story. But I'm not betting on it, I think they'll be out early to right before the halfway mark.

Kendra/Louis: FTW!!! I love Kendra and am so excited this rumor turned out to be true. Louis's done wonders before and I think he and Kendra will a lot of fun, and a good, respectable partnership. Louis is a good fit for her.

Wendy/Tony: I don't know how Wendy will move or what type of fanbase she'll bring. If it weren't for The Soup I never would have heard of her. She seems like a lot of fun, will probably provide a lot of laughs, but I don't know how far she'll get. Maybe early out, especially if she can't move. Too bad for Tony, but I'll be disappointed for Wendy, too.

Petra/Dmitry: I'm no fan of Dmitry and find him boring and bland. I think they'll be another judges favorite, or at least a CA and Bruno favorite if she can move. They love the pretty pairs. She's the sob story of the season, but hopefully the show doesn't overdo it. Could go far but models haven't done well in the past. She's different, though, in that she has more of a backstory than the 2 models in season 5 who were out first and second.

Hines/Kym: Only NFL player I never got behind was LT. Expected to hate Warren Sapp but he and Kym are one of my all time favorite couples. I hope Hines is more along the lines of our past players and not LT. I want Kym to have a good, long season this time. I missed her season 10.

Romeo/Chelsie: For her sake I'm hoping he's nothing like his daddy. I wonder how many references we'll get to his pitiful dancing. I want to really see Chelsie shine. She deserves it. She has yet to have a natural that wasn't a complete douche. He looks fun, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Ralph/Karina: wish he had a different partner but it'd take a lot to get me to not root for Ralph. Hoping he doesn't have fanbase issues. One of my all time favorite stars. And he's still gorgeous

Chris/Cheryl: not crazy about Cheryl potentially getting far again, but I'll take everyone's word for it that Chris will be a riot to watch. He looked it tonight. Cheryl's very popular and has gotten even lesser knowns far in the competition.

Sugar Ray/Anna: well known, hopefully has better ability than Evander and Floyd. I think he could be a lot of fun in the personality department at least.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-28-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Wasn't Romeo supposed to on before and pulled out so Master P came on instead? I'm NOT looking forward to watching him if he's anything like Master P.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Well my age is showing. Is this Romeo, Master P son?
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post

I'm looking forward to seeing Hines Ward and Sugar Ray.
    Me too! I'm glad the NFL representative is Hines Ward, I'd heard rumors that it was Favre and, IMO, too soon...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan View Post
    Wasn't Romeo supposed to on before and pulled out so Master P came on instead? I'm NOT looking forward to watching him if he's anything like Master P.
    That's him. They even had a back up in case P skipped.

I heard the Favre rumors, too, so I'm glad they turned out to be false. Once upon a time I would have loved to have seen him. But now? No thanks.

Mike Catherwood sounds like a pleasant fellow He and Lacey should get along great. I wondered what happened to The Daily 10. Guess now I know.

Looked up Mike Catherwood on Wikipedia since I've never heard of him. He's a "radio personality". I hope he isn't as bad as the ones of his like that have gone before him.

Romeo was a rapper before he decided to pursue his basketball career. He went to USC and played for them. I don't know if he finished his degree or anything.

I didn't hear the Favre rumor, guys. I remember Missy and I talking about that possibility, though. Maybe Brett's wife and his pastor but the kibosh on that. And Hines Ward is the second current NFL player after Ochocinco to do the show so maybe we'll see more current NFL players doing DWTS in their off-seasons. I thought Chad would be a one-off in that category.

ETA: I thought there was an uneven number of contestants but it's an even ten, I guess. That seems like a smaller group than usual, though.
    Last edited by chrisg; 02-28-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread