+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars S12 (Spring): Official Live Cast Reveal

FORT Newbie

Re: Dancing with the Stars S12 (Spring): Official Cast

The Karate Kid is my all time favorite movie, so I am totally on board with Ralph Macchio! I don't know how I'll handle it if he is with Karina because I can't stand her. But I've been lucky, she's never had a partner I've really liked, other than Mario Lopez, but that was before she really got on my nerves. So it figures, DWTS gets the star of my favorite movie ever, and Karina gets him. Oh well, the Kendra/Louis pairing (fingers crossed!) Will make up for it!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    I don't know anything about Sugar Ray Leonard, so we'll see. He's rumored to be with Anna, which makes me hope he does well. Though since she's had a couple of really good seasons lately I could see them giving someone who may not last.

I LOVE Ralph Macchio. Two of my all time favorite movies are The Outsiders and My Cousin Vinny. He's rumored to be with Karina, and I'm kind of happy about that. I used to despise Karina, mainly b/c of the attitude she gave when she and Mario L lost to Cheryl & Emmitt. I LOVED Cheryl then. I started watching DWTS b/c of her. Still love her, but not as much. However, last season Karina seemed so different and so much happier, and I have to admit she's probably the best of the female pros in terms of her dancing ability. I want to see her really be able to take someone from zero to hero, and I hope Ralph can be that someone.
    I don't like Karina, but I have to admit she is an amazing dancer in the pro numbers, and when given the right partner she can make them shine. She comes up with amazing, unique choreography. I adore Ralph; I forgot he was in The Outsiders but I loved it! He's been on my wish list for a long time. I'd much rather see him with Karina than Lacey. I didn't like Karina for her attitude over losing with Mario, or with her treatment towards Billy Ray. I always thought she was such a sour puss when she got a horrible partner or got criticized by the judges. However, I guess love changed her. She was a peach when she was with Rocco and the Woz, and last season with The Situation. The earlier Karina probably would have committed herself I hope Ralph has rhythm. He's an iconic star, even if he hasn't done anything too notable recently. But I always worry about fan base issues. Disney star Chelsea with an equally popular pro will be a force. Athletes can have a huge, strong fanbase to carry them further than they should. I'm disappointed Anna doesn't have a serious contender this season, as I'd love to finally see her win. But you're right, she had two great seasons, and I'm glad she's back. I'm surprised she'd get her 4th athlete in a row.

The partnerships are speculation, but I'm willing to believe it. I think the official pairings are being announced later in the week on GMA.

I am worried about the combined fan bases of Mark Ballas and Disney. That is so far my only complaint with this season. (if the rumor of their pairing is true)

And you're right, I'd MUCH rather have Ralph with Karina then Lacey!!

I am worried about the combined fan bases of Mark Ballas and Disney. That is so far my only complaint with this season. (if the rumor of their pairing is true)

And you're right, I'd MUCH rather have Ralph with Karina then Lacey!!
    I worry the show will shove it down our throats and try to "avenge" Sabrina's season 5 shocking elimination. Yeah, I think everyone's over it, except maybe Sabrina and the show. There've been much more shocking moments since. So I hope this isn't a pair that they try and get to the finals for Mark to have matching trophies with Derek and get the outcome I think they intended for season 5. Hopefully she's not a ringer like Sabrina was. I know Mark just had Bristol, but I still don't want him to have it easy. I feel like they'll be a big judges favorite.

Karina I can tolerate, but Lacey it'd be really hard to stomach with one of my favorite celebs.

I can't believe they can drag The Bachelor out this long at this late stage of the show.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-28-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I worry the show will shove it down our throats and try to "avenge" Sabrina's season 5 shocking elimination. Yeah, I think everyone's over it, except maybe Sabrina and the show. There've been much more shocking moments since. So I hope this isn't a pair that they try and get to the finals for Mark to have matching trophies with Derek and get the outcome I think they intended for season 5. Hopefully she's not a ringer like Sabrina was. I know Mark just had Bristol, but I still don't want him to have it easy. I feel like they'll be a big judges favorite.

Karina I can tolerate, but Lacey it'd be really hard to stomach with one of my favorite celebs.

I can't believe they can drag The Bachelor out this long at this late stage of the show.
    I pray that doesn't happen. If the rest of the celebs are what has been rumored, with the partners who have been rumored, that's the only couple I'd worry about where fairness and impartiality may fall by the wayside

Eek! I'm disappointed with the first group of names. Hopefully the second batch is better.

I'm so excited about the cast so far and the rumors, so I'm also hoping this season there's suspense. Since season 6 it seemed obvious who was winning, either pre-show or after the first episode. I'd love to be surprised every week (and I will be, but in a good way, not in a 'of course they're still here, the judges made sure of it' way). I always roll my eyes when the judges go after a contender with potential who needs fine tuning here and there, but gets points taken off for blinking too many times. And then they criticize America for voting them off

Go Romeo and Ralph!

A few minutes and we'll find out the rest.

Speaking of pet peeves with the show-and I'm not saying this to be disrespectful to her, but I remember Petra broke quite a few bones, including her hip, during the tsunami. I've thankfully never had a broken hip for a couple of people I know that have (my poor grandmother and a much younger co-worker), they had some trouble even after with hip movements. I wonder if that will hinder Petra at all I just hope we don't get a bunch of pre-packaged injury clips like with Jennifer last season.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-28-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Brad's a wuss. But I still enjoyed sitting through this than Jake's season or Bachelor Pad.

I found Bachelor Pad more interesting. Brad and this Ashely chick are really getting on my nerves. You can tell she's immature.

I found Bachelor Pad more interesting. Brad and this Ashely chick are really getting on my nerves. You can tell she's immature.
    Yeah, but I think all 3 can do better. I know I'd come across as a sore loser, but to heck with him walking me to the car, kissing me good bye, etc. I'd want the heck out of there. I don't think the dark haired girl, either. The blonde seems really pretty, but they all seem mismatched.

I guess I find BP just a rip off of my other summer favorite, Big Brother. Since I don't watch TB/ette maybe I would have been more interested but the cast completely annoyed me. Of course so did Jake, Brad, Vienna, and 2 of the 3 girls tonight. I guess it's the franchise

+ Reply to Thread