+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by Iwatch4Chelsie View Post
    Tell me about it! I mean, of course, in my perfect world, Chelsie will finally make it to the end and get someone who has some ability and works hard and isn't a douche (Jake) but I still really like some of the other pros and just want to see some fairness all around. Stop stereotyping and spread the talent wealth! I would truly love to see Derek come back (don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of his) in a couple seasons and actually get himself a Denise or Kate to see what he could make of someone who has NO ability at all, strictly out of curiosity.
    For arguments sake I looked up both Lorenzo and Chris's heights, since right now they're about the only two male "stars" who've had anything said about them doing the show. Lorenzo is appx. 6', while I read Chris is around 5'10" ish. So while either one could partner any of the female pros, I worry Chelsie might get stuck with them since she's the shortest. And I'm not counting on either one to do well, if they're cast. Since Lorenzo is reportedly friends with Lacey, I wouldn't mind them getting stuck together. Really, it's gotten old seeing the same pros do well every.single.season. It's why I'm looking forward to a break from Derek. I've grown to really miss Julianne. I'd miss Maks like crazy if he left but would welcome Damian or Jonathan coming back into the fold. I'd love to see the return of Fabian Sanchez, Ashly Costa, Anna Demidova, Charlotte Jorgensen, and my two favorites, Edyta and Alec. There's pros from international versions I'd love to see on our version for a season. My two favorite Chelsie pairings were with Ty and Louie, probably among some of the more mediocre dancers of the show. But I loved their chemistry, their attitude at embracing the experience, treating Chelsie with respect, listening to her, and giving it their all. I would have given anything to see a Louie/Chelsie freestyle. I think that would have been something. I know it's not supposed to be about the pros, but 12 seasons in it's almost as much, if not more, about them than the celebs. Mark has a huge fanbase, they'll want to see him redeem himself, and apparently he's started following Nastia. He'll get votes from his side like mad, and while I don't know how popular she is, I'm sure she has a sizeable enough fanbase and will probably gain fans. He started following her back on twitter. Hopefully it means nothing. I'd rather see Derek get another ringer like Nicole and win a 4th time than see Mark anywhere near the finals. Derek and Cheryl I'll tolerate; Mark I just don't like. Speaking of Cheryl, I once adored her and thought she was brilliant at everything she did on this show. Now she bores me. I don't get the attraction. She and Rick were one of the most overrated and overscored duos on this series.

Some more gossip: Christine O'Donnell reportedly said no (I so hope this is true!), Vera Wang is being rumored for the millionth time (though she said once if she couldn't design her own costume she wouldn't do it). One piece I read online said Jodie Sweetin is confirmed to be in. Which if there's Nastia, Kendra, Kirstie, Wendy, and Faye, one of them would have to be out. I wonder if Jodie would get Maks. She said she'd want to be partnered with either Derek or Maks if she ever did the show. Still surprised there's next to nothing on any of the male celebs. Maybe they're not pulling for a male winner this year but going for Mark to get his 3rd Hopefully they'd have an uphill battle. Dance wise probably not, but personality wise Kendra and Wendy at least will be a lot of fun.

Re: Lacey

CA and Bruno have given some of Lacey's partners 10s before. Len has never. Even when she makes a dance that is arguably 10-worthy, he finds a reason to give her a 9. While I would love for Lacey to win, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

If Kendra is on, I have a pre-show favorite. I love how she has broken the Playboy model mold. What I'm referring to by saying that is the fact how Playboy bunnies are typically disliked by the public. But her appearances on TV have managed to turn that around.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

If Kendra is on and paired with anyone but Mark (once again, LOUIS, please PWTB!!!) she's my pre-show fave too. If Jodie Sweetin were on and paired with Maks, she's on my list as well. That would be full of awesome.

The more I think of the Nastia rumor, the more I hope it isn't true. I remember during the Olympics in '08 thinking she was one stuck up little thing, and cocky. Now, she's good at what she does, but one thing I can't stand is arrogance. I don't give a flip if they've earned the right to be that way or not. And just for the record, I'm not one who would call Maks cocky. I think he plays around it, but I don't think he's downright full of himself. I used to think Derek was. But last season changed that-a little.

less than 72 hours now. Yay!

I never understood the "cocky" label that Nastia got during the Olympics. The only thing people would focus on when they said that was her facial expression and how it was pretty much emotionless right before a competition. I would argue that she was trying to calm herself down. But of course, the lack of emotion caused people to say that she was stuck up... and I just don't get it!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I don't know much about Nastia but if that's the case, she and Mark will be two peas in a pod. It'd be hard for me to root for her if she got partnered with him. I know that's not her fault, and if I liked her enough (or ran out of favorites), then I'd certainly call in and vote online. But season 6 and 10 would have been so much better for me had they not had the two biggest ringers winning and it pretty much a given before the premiere even aired. Season 12, if it's true about Wendy, Kendra, Jodie, and/or Kirstie being cast, would be really great for me. But I just want someone else besides the Ballas/Hough trio to win. Since season 4 only one person (Kym) has managed to win outside of those 3. And Alec's the only other winner who isn't named Cheryl or in the trio. I know Edyta and Alec weren't for everyone, but I really miss them I want someone else to get a chance. It bugs me Mark might get another stinking ringer and a win. Hopefully lighting doesn't strike three times. Aside from season 10, he's won every spring season, both with Olympians. In regards to Len not liking Lacey, I actually think CA is the worst offender for taking her issues out on a celeb because she doesn't like her partner (I believe there might be some truth to there being bad blood between her, Maks, and Tony), and that she really goes for the Derek/Lacey/Dmitry/Mark pros and the celebs that are in the Mya/Nicole/Lil Kim category. Not because they were paired with them, but they're easier for her to judge, more her style and flair, and I think she's got a thing for the younger male pros I don't think Len likes Lacey's style and attitude; I don't care for it either. I think he's big enough that if her partner completely wowed he'd throw his 10 paddle out. I still say getting a 10 from him is a bigger deal than the other 2.

I'm hoping Kendra doesn't get Dmitry or Mark. I have no problem with Dmitry, I just didn't like his attitude with Holly (I know it was completely different cirumstances), and I think Kendra would be more fun with one of the other 3 guys. Same with Wendy, but she might be fun with Dmitry, just because she could find humor in a paper bag.

Not only am I surprised that nothing has been leaked about the male celebs (except for 2, maybe) but also nothing said about any partners. Still nothing on who the last pro is going to be, either. Karina hasn't said anything about not returning, so maybe she is after all.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-26-2011 at 05:57 PM.

With Nastia (for me) it wasn't just the lack of emotion before she performed. It was also the veiled sourpuss expression when her competition did well, and the fact that she very half heartedly congratulated her own team when it wasn't a team event. I truly do hope that if she makes it onto the show she proves me wrong, but I'm still not looking forward to her. A Mark pairing would make that times 10. I can handle him okay, but he's far down on my list of male pros, plus the ringer-ish partners he's gotten.

I can't believe Karina hasn't said anything. I'm willing to bet since Damian isn't on, we can pretty much count Peta out. Dang it. I think Ashly would have mentioned it if she'd gotten the call. I really can't think of anyone else it could be but our dear miss smirnoff.

Go Chelsie Kaye!

I know this is totally off subject, but does anyone watch Royal Pains? I watched the most recent episode online last night and Gilles had a guest spot in it as a professional tango instructor.....made me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    With Nastia (for me) it wasn't just the lack of emotion before she performed. It was also the veiled sourpuss expression when her competition did well, and the fact that she very half heartedly congratulated her own team when it wasn't a team event. I truly do hope that if she makes it onto the show she proves me wrong, but I'm still not looking forward to her. A Mark pairing would make that times 10. I can handle him okay, but he's far down on my list of male pros, plus the ringer-ish partners he's gotten.

I can't believe Karina hasn't said anything. I'm willing to bet since Damian isn't on, we can pretty much count Peta out. Dang it. I think Ashly would have mentioned it if she'd gotten the call. I really can't think of anyone else it could be but our dear miss smirnoff.
    DWTS Gossip re-tweeted a post from someone else that's trying to campaign to get Peta on. I think Damian was a breath of fresh air and much better with Pamela than I expected. I'd hate to lose my faves, even for a season, but I also miss the ones who aren't ever back because there's not room. If Derek is back next season, do they bump one of the guys again or go back up to 12 couples (or have 11 but 6 female celebs). If Mark were a little more humble and not so arrogant and entitled, I might be able to handle him better. But with all of that (especially his rants believing he and Bristol deserved higher scores last season), plus his choreography, which doesn't nothing for me (much too frantic and too much about him most of them time), and the godawful costumes he designs leaves a lot to be desired. I do hope he doesn't win but I'm not counting on it if Nastia is cast and his partner. Speaking of costumes, I wonder if someone can bribe Maks to wear leather pants again this season.

As for the pros, the only ones I've seen really confirm themselves has been Tony, Louis, Lacey, and Cheryl. The Tony confirmation came from a tweet from the make up team on the set. But who knows, they may be seeing him just for pro dances! Karina tweeted earlier in the week she'd be finding out soon. She probably knows by now. I haven't seen any pro tweet they weren't returning, so maybe ABC told them not to say anything. It's just interesting 10 pros are potentially confirmed but one female is still MIA. Maybe it is Peta, or another newbie. I'm still betting on Karina. I wouldn't mind if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    I didn't see that at all, but it's pretty hard to find that everyone will have the same opinion.

Judging by one of Karina's latest tweets (that she has a "busy but exciting day tomorrow" followed by "hmm hmm") I'm guessing she's the 11th pro. Makes me wonder if everyone's even met their partners yet, because usually by now there's more confirmations as to who in fact is in the cast and who's partnered with who (although we've been good playing detective at that ) Since there seems to be so much secrecy surrounding the male celebs than the female celebs, hopefully they're worth it I can just imagine seeing the names flash across the screen and thinking "that's it?"

+ Reply to Thread