+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by Iwatch4Chelsie View Post
    I'm really surprised there aren't more spoilers so close to the announcement date. There are always some obnoxious stars who can't keep it to themselves despite committing to keeping it quiet! I can't wait! Thanks for always keeping us current on the speculation gossip! This is always the first and only place I go to before the big announcement.
    So am I. Even for season 10, which IIRC was probably one of the more closely guarded seasons for contestants, pros, and pairings, leaks eventually came out close to the announcement. I remember Cameron Mathison said there was going to be an AMC soap star, someone mentioned another 90210 alumni (which many figured by process of elimination was Shannon), there was a leak of one of the moon walkers (which again many assumed would be Buzz), and Chad and Pam were both spoiled ahead of time. I think Nicole got leaked before the announcement, too. The only ones who came as a shock were Erin, Jake, and Niecy. I can see what you're saying Rymac and it is kind of exciting not knowing-but dang it I like my spoilers Sometimes it can be a bad thing. I just hope they announce throughout the night and not like they did for season 10, when they just whipped through at the end (kind of blink and you missed it). It's just been surprising that more rumors that will end up not being true haven't been leaked. So far, I'm willing to believe Lorenzo, Wendy, Christine (ugh-but I feel like if she wasn't taking part she'd say so, unless ABC promises her something for not saying she turned them down right away), Faye, Chris Jericho, and potentially Kendra (I'm more hoping on that one). I won't be surprised if Nastia winds up being true. Even the pros have, for the most part, been really quiet. Nothing about when they meet their partners; Tony's been on vacation with his family, and Maks is still in NY. I'm hoping it winds up being a better cast, because Wendy and Kendra are the only 2 I can remotely get interested in watching. I'm cringing at another season with a controversial politician who can't dance but sticks around.

DWTSGossip on twitter confirmed Kym and Dmitry as returning. Assuming Maks and Mark are in fact back, we may have all our male pros if it's an uneven season and we only get 5 female celebs. That'd be Louis, Tony, Maks, Mark, and Dmitry. The girls are Cheryl, Lacey, Kym, and Chelsie, so 1-2 more slots. I'm hoping one of them goes to Anna T. Karina mentioned she's on her way back to LA, so she might be back. No one has even said they weren't returning. At any rate, I do hope we see some fresh faces go far this season. Of course I want Maks, Louis, and Tony around, and for the girls I'd love to see Kym and Chelsie last longer than they did last season.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-25-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Per DWTSGossip, there's going to be 11 couples this season. Five female celebs (the male pros being Maks, Tony, Mark, Louis, and Dmitry) and 6 male (with the females being Anna-I'm guessing they mean Trebunskaya-, Chelsie, Kym, Lacey, Cheryl, and still unknown on the last one). I'm betting on Karina.

So if Faye Dunnaway is in, I guess this means Tony's back to partnering the older ladies again. Hopefully Dmitry gets her, but I think the show will try and get as much out of their younger pros as they can. Should Wendy Williams wind up being cast, she'd be too tall for Louis and Mark, so she's a Dmitry/Maks/Tony partner. I do hope Anna, if it is Anna T., gets another great partner again. It's been great seeing her get to really show off her skills the last two seasons, rather than be the second one to go or get a clunker. I wonder if they'll shoot for a male winner this year since the last 2 were female. I wouldn't mind seeing Adam's "Coach Carolla" segments again like he did in season 9. The spring seasons have typically been the better ones of the series, especially in recent seasons. Hopefully this one doesn't let me down. I haven't really enjoyed a season of this show since season 8. I guess I can always go back and live back in that day if I have to
    Last edited by karalott; 02-25-2011 at 02:57 AM.

I'm glad to see Maks is coming back! So I take it he didn't find love on his season of the Bachelor overseas??
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

This may not matter much, but it struck me as a bit odd-LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian were photographed at Leeza Gibbon's Dare To Care event recently (last few days). I know LeAnn was rumored to have been asked to do DWTS but said she'd turned it down and would only do it with Benji Schwimmer. I also know that the male pros have been confirmed for this season and Benji is not among them. But isn't that a little weird? Leeza is an alum and I think a lot of the pros were in attendance too.

Maybe I'm making something out of nothing but its so close to the announcement anything resembling something odd is probably going to make me freak out! LOL

If you believe Perez Hilton, he claims that he knows 3 of the women cast: Kendra (so hope this is true!), Wendy Williams (I'd be happy with her), and Kirstie Alley. Which I'm not sure if I believe, because Kirstie said last season she's been offered to do the show before but is too chicken. However, if the Faye rumor is true, then I guess this is a man's year to win. I do hope Mark doesn't get the cream of the crop for the men. If it's true about Wendy and Kirstie, I think she's also too tall for Louis and Mark, so that'd be a Tony/Maks/Dmitry pairing. It figures that Derek's finally gone and Maks, Louis and Tony still can't win And that they really seem to be stacking the deck. Maybe I'll be surprised.

I feel like if a female pro wins it'll probably be Lacey (for coming so close last season, and the show does seem to like her), or Cheryl (which I hope not). I'm still holding out hope that Christine O'Donnell rumor isn't true. I watch this show for fun and entertaintment, and to get away from all things political and depressing.

Re: Leann. It's possible she just attended. However, she could be joining the show down the road, or maybe decided to do it afterall without Benji. Personally, I could do without either one ever stepping foot on the dance floor. Sometimes celebs get asked for a particular season but then wind up on a different one (the first time I heard the Jennifer Grey rumor was for season 10-and she didn't win up until season 11).

If Kendra is cast I so want her with Louis. They could be one of the greatest couples ever!!!!!!!!!

If every male pro gets a middle aged, heavier type woman or older woman except Mark? I will be so totally ticked.

I really don't think the judges would try and push for a Lacey win. I don't think Len can stand her. I don't think they favor the female pro's over each other like they do the males. Even when Julianne was around. Except maybe for Cheryl. Carrie Ann seems easier on her sometimes, but that may be b/c a lot of the time Cheryl has eye candy-ish partners that CA gushes over.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    If Kendra is cast I so want her with Louis. They could be one of the greatest couples ever!!!!!!!!!

If every male pro gets a middle aged, heavier type woman or older woman except Mark? I will be so totally ticked.

I really don't think the judges would try and push for a Lacey win. I don't think Len can stand her. I don't think they favor the female pro's over each other like they do the males. Even when Julianne was around. Except maybe for Cheryl. Carrie Ann seems easier on her sometimes, but that may be b/c a lot of the time Cheryl has eye candy-ish partners that CA gushes over.
    I can see Kendra/Louis being another Kelly/Louis pairing I want to root for Kendra, and I will, but I really hope she doesn't get Mark. I hope whoever Mark gets falls by the wayside. He may get a ringer just because he's part of the trio, but I think the 3 ladies mentioned above are going to be much more interesting and larger than life to watch. Plus, I have to admire the people who actually have to try and take their knocks from the judges (sometimes for the stupidest things) while others breeze right by or get a pass. I wouldn't mind her being with Maks or Tony, either. I'm hoping she doesn't get Dmitry, just because he bores me. I think the other 3 can bring more out of her and have a lot more fun. I wouldn't be surprised if Wendy gets Maks. Back when he and Karina were still engaged, he appeared on her show I think to promote Burn the Floor. He kept gazing down to Wendy's chest, and she finally called him on it (it was pretty obvious in the video clip what he was looking at ) I think Kirstie will be a lot of fun, too. Hopefully these girls can dance. I'm not counting on seeing them in the end but I'd love for them to prove me wrong! I'm surprised we haven't heard more on the men yet. Only rumors that have really been spread have been Lorenzo Lamas and Chris Jericho (that I'm willing to believe).

I think CA loves Lacey, but while I don't think Len dislikes her as a person, I don't think her likes her style or attitude. Quite honestly, I think Lacey liked to dish out the whole ballroom rebel role and do her own thing, even if it was completely breaking the rules, but hadn't getting dinged for it. I feel like Julianne caught a break for being one of the trio, but I also feel like she took her knocks more often than Derek or Mark has. In fact, I'd say Cheryl's had it easier than Julianne did. Cheryl only really suffered when she had the Wayne Newton type partners. I hadn't really thought of them favoring the male pros over the females, but that's a good point. I especially think that CA is gaga for Dmitry and Derek. Bruno seems biased but I think he can remain impartial at times, too. I'm just glad we have Len I'm wondering who the last female pro is.

Go Chelsie Kaye!

There is no way they'd give an intentional ringer type to Lacey. I don't think they expected Kyle to be as good as he was. I happen to know, through knowing Chelsie, that the producers don't really "love" her. She creates SOOOOO much drama behind the scenes. If you don't like her dancing personality, you should hear some of the stories of crap she pulls trying to get the dancers fighting with each other! The background on the females is that Cheryl has unofficial producer status. They run a lot by her before they make decisions. Most of the pros don't know anything, including who their partner is, before we do. They are left completely in the dark, except for Cheryl. Obviously, this doesn't mean she gets complete say in her partners (ie, Tom DeLay) but she is basically their top dog. She and Chelsie get along really well, so sometimes she'll let things slip to her, then leading on to us. No inside news to report this year. Her mom is usually the only one she tells and her mom keeps her mouth shut tight, so as not to get Chelsie in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwatch4Chelsie View Post
    There is no way they'd give an intentional ringer type to Lacey. I don't think they expected Kyle to be as good as he was. I happen to know, through knowing Chelsie, that the producers don't really "love" her. She creates SOOOOO much drama behind the scenes. If you don't like her dancing personality, you should hear some of the stories of crap she pulls trying to get the dancers fighting with each other! The background on the females is that Cheryl has unofficial producer status. They run a lot by her before they make decisions. Most of the pros don't know anything, including who their partner is, before we do. They are left completely in the dark, except for Cheryl. Obviously, this doesn't mean she gets complete say in her partners (ie, Tom DeLay) but she is basically their top dog. She and Chelsie get along really well, so sometimes she'll let things slip to her, then leading on to us. No inside news to report this year. Her mom is usually the only one she tells and her mom keeps her mouth shut tight, so as not to get Chelsie in trouble.
    I remember after season 7 aired, Maurice mentioned that Lance wasn't entirely crazy about rule breaking and going the non traditional ballroom route that Lacey always tried. And season 8 Steve-O tried his stunts during the dances that Lacey didn't really want to do but went along with anyway (such as their non-salsa that wound up getting Steve-O injured). I didn't mind her so much that season, but I couldn't wait to be rid of her season 9. I thought she came across like a bit of a poor sport. I did enjoy Mark, and wish he had a different partner that season. Didn't miss her at all season 10, and hope she's gone early this season. I'm not entirely surprised to hear that about Cheryl-but I don't know why. I don't think she really adds anything to the show that the other female pros can't do, sometimes better. I really hope they don't go for another 3 time winner this season because it'd be refreshing to see someone else win, and do well. I enjoyed Cheryl and think she's done good with what she's had. She's been lucky that Cristian and Gilles were gorgeous and good shake it, because sometimes even the better dancers don't get very far due to lack of fanbase. I really hope that Chelsie, Kym, and Anna get some good partners this season. Or at the very least, Chelsie and Kym. I want Anna to stick around, but she's had 2 really good seasons. I'm hoping she's back to being a regular. I still wouldn't mind seeing the pros get shuffled around every season, though.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-25-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Go Chelsie Kaye!

Tell me about it! I mean, of course, in my perfect world, Chelsie will finally make it to the end and get someone who has some ability and works hard and isn't a douche (Jake) but I still really like some of the other pros and just want to see some fairness all around. Stop stereotyping and spread the talent wealth! I would truly love to see Derek come back (don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of his) in a couple seasons and actually get himself a Denise or Kate to see what he could make of someone who has NO ability at all, strictly out of curiosity.

+ Reply to Thread