+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

O'Donnell Mulls 'Dancing With the Stars' Invite - ABC News

O'Donnell Mulls 'Dancing With the Stars' Invite
    Ex-Sen. candidate O'Donnell says she's mulling invitation to be on 'Dancing With the Stars'

Tea Party favorite Christine O'Donnell says she's been invited to be a contestant on TV's "Dancing with the Stars." But the losing Senate candidate from Delaware isn't sure she should accept, saying she has two left feet and a book about politics to complete.

The conservative Republican, who lost to a Democrat amid controversy over past statements about youthful dabbling in witchcraft, is soliciting opinions on her Facebook page.

O'Donnell says her initial reaction was to say "no" to the show, but others are encouraging her to accept. O'Donnell writes she's flattered, but a 2-year-old nephew has more rhythm than she does.

A program representative said Tuesday it has no comment on casting speculation, adding a new cast will be announced next week.
    I had forgotten all about Christine O'Donnell rumored to be taking part in this season-so much so that I hope this last minute casting rumor and her being undecided is simply hype drummed up by ABC and the producers to get people to tune in for the announcement next Monday and see if she's on. Hopefully it's not foreshadowing that she'll actually be out there waltzing (or clomping, by the sounds of it)

The pros are all unusually quiet on the twitter front about talking anything about this upcoming season. Makes me wonder if everyone knows who's back and who isn't and the show really did put a clamp on it.

hotlanta babe, I forgot to say thank you for putting that list together. Speaking of Lee Merriwether, I've seen her name on the rumor mill, but I think it might just be a rumor. She's wanted to do the show and has tried to campaign in the past. Even though she's a former Miss America I don't know if they'd cast her. At the very least I hope it doesn't mean Corky is back if she did get cast since they seem to stick the older women with him (or poor Tony). I have to think any really big names (with the possible exception of Ms. O'Donnell) are being closely guarded, because the rumors I've heard so far either have me asking 'who' or not caring at all.

Take it for what it's worth, but so far the pros who are more or less confirmed to be in are Louis, Maks (yay!), Tony, Cheryl, Chelsie, and Lacey. Derek's the only one who said he's out. I'm betting Mark is back, unless he's doing his music and just hasn't said anything about not returning. Not sure how many couples there are this season. If I read the press release right, it sounds like there's going to be 2 dances before the first elimination the Tuesday after the second episode. Since DWTS is starting so late in March, I'm wondering if we're back down to 11 couples So if Mark does return, that would leave 1-2 slots open for the guys side. I wonder if they'll bring someone back or add a newbie.

I really hope anyone other than Mark wins this year (I don't really want to see Lacey, Cheryl, or Karina win, either).

I don't want Mark to win either. There is a lot of speculation on another site though that Nastia Liukin is part of the cast and may be Mark's partner b/c she has started following him on twitter recently. Other names that I've seen rumors about are Vera Wang and Faye Dunaway. I'm not excited about any of them. Well, i could be excited about Nastia if she was on and not paired with Mark.

I love love love Cheryl, but I want new blood to win this year. I wouldn't mind Lacey or Karina winning. They both kind of grew on me last season, especially Karina. There is something very different about her these days.

I can not wait until Monday! I want to see some cast members that will blow us all away, and I want good healthy competition! I hope we don't have anyone who could be classified as a ringer, which is another reason I'm not as excited about the Nastia rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    I don't want Mark to win either. There is a lot of speculation on another site though that Nastia Liukin is part of the cast and may be Mark's partner b/c she has started following him on twitter recently. Other names that I've seen rumors about are Vera Wang and Faye Dunaway. I'm not excited about any of them. Well, i could be excited about Nastia if she was on and not paired with Mark.

I love love love Cheryl, but I want new blood to win this year. I wouldn't mind Lacey or Karina winning. They both kind of grew on me last season, especially Karina. There is something very different about her these days.

I can not wait until Monday! I want to see some cast members that will blow us all away, and I want good healthy competition! I hope we don't have anyone who could be classified as a ringer, which is another reason I'm not as excited about the Nastia rumor.
    I recently heard the Faye rumor, which makes me hope Corky isn't back Hopefully he gets his act under control and acts like the pro that is so well respected in the ballroom world. His act on the show has been a joke. He and Mark are the worst offenders when it comes to mugging, dancing around their partners, and (in Mark's case) being a sore loser when it comes to not hearing what he wants, getting criticized, and not getting 10s when his dances deserve more like 1s. I've heard the Nastia rumor before and while I wouldn't mind her, I don't want her with Mark. I want someone else to win this season and without Derek around the other pros might have a chance. However, I won't be surprised if Mark gets the ringer after Bristol, despite doing better than they should have. I also won't be surprised if the show hands him a 3rd trophy so he and Derek can match I'll be really disappointed if that happens. Mark has had more dancing duds than his BFF, but he's also been extremely luck with getting ringers more times than most of the other pros. I'm not entirely excited about any of the casting rumors I've heard so far (except Kendra), so I'm hoping some of the bigger and better names are being kept a more closely guarded secret. Otherwise, along with the potential of Mark getting a ringer and a popular gymnast, it'll be a long wait until the fall, and if Derek does return for season 13, an even longer wait until the spring for season 14. I can already hear CA now gushing over those two

I'm waiting until I hear official word from Maks that he's returning. The motherboard said that Kym and Dmitry are supposedly in, and that Mark will be finding out this weekend (but he's probably in). No word on Anna, Jonathan, Damian (still speculation that he and/or his girlfriend Peta is returning), or Karina. Or, for arguments sake, Ashly or Anna Demidova. I'm thinking no for most of them. I'm still not a fan of Karina. She does seem much more different than when she joined the show. I think the last couple of years, with the Mario break up, the whirlwind Maks relationship, not being asked to do the show season 10 (I think that was humbling for a few pros), then getting re-engaged did some wonders for her. She kind of fell off the radar for awhile in the spotlight. I still want Louis, Tony, Maks, Chelsie, or Anna to win. Cheryl is perfectly nice but has bored me the last few seasons-and I feel like she's gotten a bit of an entitled attitude. If she and Mark were out early, along with Lacey, I'd be happy.

I'll have to say that Karina was less obnoxious last season than she has been in the past. I so wish that some of the old faves like Jonathan and Ashly could come back with contenders to at least make it past the first few weeks. Damian is another that I'd like to see. Hopeful for Kym to be there, too. I wish we could have a cast of "stars" that are controversial for things other than politics. And, if I'm wishing, I'll add that I'd like a non-geriatric season. The Cloris, Buzz and Florence types don't do a thing for me - especially if it means that Corky's back. They have no chance of winning and the slapstick is annoying.

Kara, the pros you listed that you would like to see win are the same for me, plus Jonathan. I wouldn't mind a Lacey or Karina win, as I said, but I would root for those you mentioned first (esp. Tony!).

I haven't seen where it's been said that Dmitry is back. Darn it. Nothing against him, I just think he's a bit boring and not nearly as good looking as some think. But, that's my opinion, and I'm not one to discount other's feelings. So, I guess, for his fans, I'm happy for them. I just wish it would be Damien instead. Yowza!! But, as long as I have Tony I'm happy.

I also hope if Faye is cast it doesn't mean Corky will be back, b/c we all know he will act just as he did with Cloris and Flo. I have heard some rumbles of Shirley Ballas, but most that have been speculating aren't sure if she would be a pro or perhaps a 4th judge, or even a replacement for Carrie Ann. I don't know anything about Shirley other than she's Mark's mom and Corky's ex.

And last, like you, the only name I'm really excited about thus far is Kendra. I would LOVE to see her paired with Louis. They would be a hoot!!

Oh, PS-nanarama, I'm with you on the geriatric castings. They do not entertain me in the least.

I'm just praying to god that, if the Christine O'Donnell rumor is true (and I'm really believing the show wants to completely ruin the season by giving Mark a win and casting another admitted terrible dancing two left footed politician who will get by on her controversy-hopefully people tune out in droves), she doesn't get Corky. He's bad enough, but at least the partners he's had there was no hope of him getting far. I do think, of the geratric castings, that Florence had much more potential than I originally gave her credit for. I heard she requested Corky but I think she could have done so much better if she had a partner that took it more seriously (and gave her more respect than acting like a perv around her and hamming it up during the routines). I read on another site Shirley was asking for any help in getting old videos, so I know that's led to speculation that she's joining the show. I guess I'll have to see it to believe it, though Unless one of the geratric males didn't want to be partnered with a 20 something like they've done in the past. I would love to see another female judge join the show, just because I think it would bug CA (assuming the other female knew what she was talking about). But 4 judges would be overkill, considering, and I don't think Shirley could be unbiased when it comes to Mark. Not to mention she's worked with a lot of the exsiting pros.

Kara, the pros you listed that you would like to see win are the same for me, plus Jonathan. I wouldn't mind a Lacey or Karina win, as I said, but I would root for those you mentioned first (esp. Tony!).

I haven't seen where it's been said that Dmitry is back. Darn it. Nothing against him, I just think he's a bit boring and not nearly as good looking as some think. But, that's my opinion, and I'm not one to discount other's feelings. So, I guess, for his fans, I'm happy for them. I just wish it would be Damien instead. Yowza!! But, as long as I have Tony I'm happy.
    I'd add Jonathan, but I figure he won't be back this season. In fact, he probably won't be back until they have another guaranteed clunker first ouster to saddle him with (how he escaped Kate I'll never know-but poor Tony ) Anyway, I feel like the likelihood of any, or all of them, winning at some point isn't good. I think this will continue to be the Derek and Mark show, with another pro occasionally winning here and there. I think if Mark gets another ringer this season he's as good as golden to get the trophy I only read on another site about Dmitry, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they brought him. I think the thing he, Damian, and Jonathan have going against them is just what you said-they're too nice, too boring, and therefore don't get good ratings (well, what you said about Dmitry anyway). Which is all opinion of course since I've always liked Jonathan and adored Damian his first time out. But when you stack them against Maks, Derek, Mark, Louis, and even Tony, I can see why the show tends to go for them and not the other 3. Dmitry I'm completely bored by. He's pretty to look at, but I don't even notice him when I have my other eyecandy around But you're right, it's all a matter of opinion. It makes me wonder had Dmitry, Chelsie, and Lacey not had SYTYCD first how they'd be viewed by the audience. I'll likely never be a Lacey fan, and I doubt I'll ever root for Karina.

I wouldn't mind the geratric contestants, but I'm over everyone clomping miserably across the floor, with no hope to improve, and I especially feel for the pros who get stuck with them. Considering it's usually the same pros over and over again. I really hope Chelsie and Louis get some strong contenders this season. Chelsie has yet to get anyone to throw her full potential at. Louis is overdue. I don't know if he's ever had a sure fire contender, though he's had fairly decent placements in half of the seasons he's done the show. For anyone wanting to keep track, the casting rumors that have come out so far (and there've been very few, though I won't be surprised if we more over the weekend) are poker player Phil Helmuth (?-though he's since said he was kidding), actor Lorenzo Lamas, reality personality Kendra, actress Faye Dunaway, politician Christine O'Donnell, talk show host Wendy Williams, actress Jodie Sweetin, soap star Colleen Zenk, wrestler Chris Jericho...those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I guess I won't worry too much about Nastia following Mark; although last season I think that's how people figured out Jennifer was and paired with Derek.

You know, I kind of like that there aren't many rumors. It'll be fun to not know the entire cast when they announce. I remember last season FF'ding through TB to get to the DWTS stuff (thank you, creator of tivo) and being like, "well. I already knew all that". But the season BEFORE, I remember sitting on the edge of my couch seeing the names flash across the screen going "Aaaah! Erin Andrews!" I want something like that again.

I would love to see Julianne (and her legs!) back again, but I guess it isn't ever going to happen..Oh well- we still have the magnificent Kym Johnson!!

Go Chelsie Kaye!

I'm really surprised there aren't more spoilers so close to the announcement date. There are always some obnoxious stars who can't keep it to themselves despite committing to keeping it quiet! I can't wait! Thanks for always keeping us current on the speculation gossip! This is always the first and only place I go to before the big announcement.

+ Reply to Thread