+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

I don't want to see anyone who even remotely evokes thoughts of Charlie Sheen.....or Lindsay Lohan.....or Miley Cyrus.....or anyone else with degenerate notoriety.
    Speaking of "degenerate", I would LOVE to see Ellen DeGeneres.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'd still love to see Portia DeGeneres, same sex pairing or not. Ellen would be a riot to watch. They tried the couple stint before with Ty/Jewel, so why not Ellen/Portia? Speaking of same sex duos on the show, the Austrian version of DWTS is starting up soon, and they're going to feature a male/male dancing duo. I wonder how long it'll be before ABC gets desperate enough to try that gimmick.

I've heard various reports on Brett Favre. I heard Kurt Warner dared him, his daughter says he's not doing it, another report says he's in talks. He'd fit the controversial, drama, stunt casting, and likely at this point polarizing slot all on his own. I agree once upon a time he was high on my wish list, but now I think he's better off staying out of the spotlight. What a difference a few short years make. With the rumor mill being very quiet this time around, it could just be the show is keeping a tight lid on things and anyone rumored is supposed to come out and say they aren't participating. Of course I'm hoping the reason things aren't so quiet is that the cast is going to bomb but the show wants to postpone the bad news until the last second of The Bachelor when they reveal the cast in a huge rush.

Have you guys seen the LeAnn Rimes rumors? I say no freaking way. She's a homewrecker. I can't stand that. If you want to be with someone else, wait until your tail is divorced. Sheesh, it is not that hard.

Plus, she said the only way that she'd do the show is if they bring Benji Schwimmer on to be her partner. Now, I don't watch SYTYCD so I don't know anything about him or how he dances. But since Derek's gone, I think he should be replaced by some other pros like Jonathan or Damien (I don't care for Dmitry at all). I don't want a new face, I want someone we know and love.

LeAnn said she turned the show down (3 times according to her, including the upcoming season) so hopefully we won't have to deal with her OR Benji.

Saw article about Cheryl in People magazine. Although she has become somewhat boring on the dance floor, I have a lot of respect for her. If both Maks and Derek are out she might shine like the early years. By now she is probably more "famous" that most of the "stars" on DWTS.

I've only seen a few minutes of The Bachelor this season (guy creeps me out) but enough to report that the only interesting person is the designated crazy bachelorette. She was ousted last night, so doubtful that ABC would try to crossover someone that finish 5th. I predict we are safe from TB crossovers unless something crazy happens.

Benji has done a couple of pro numbers on the show-and in one I remember the way he mugged to the camera and tried to catch it every time he was on it made Derek and Mark look like they're afraid of it by comparision. I really hope the show doesn't pick him as a pro. Back during season 4 of DWTS, Julianne incorporated a move in her and Apolo's mambo that Benji threw a fit over and tried to claim they stole from him. So yeah, I hope it doesn't happen. That's reason enough on top of everything else. Because if Derek does come back for season 13, I doubt they'll drop Benji, so someone else will get the boot. Benji does seem like the angle the show would want to go for: young, a SYTYCD crossover, they'd have another brother/sister duo (who I think would be completely annoying), and I feel like Benji would try to be another rule breaking ballroom rebel who wouldn't be able to take the criticism. Hopefully he doesn't get the chance to prove me wrong, but what I'm picturing has me FF through his segment entirely. And whatever happened to pairing up total strangers? Julianne dropped the ball when she was paired with her (now ex) boyfriend. I think Leann would be equally as defensive towards any criticism the judges give (namely Len, likely Bruno to a point, CA would probably love him).

DWTS and Leann seem like the combo they'd go for. It'd give her a chance for an image makeover if she felt she needed it and to try and prove she's not a homewrecker (I stopped being a fan of hers long before that). She's controversial and polarizing enough to potentially draw in ratings and create watercooler buzz. She'd probably have a sizeable fanbase to carry her very far, if not win, and she's probably in the ringer territory. I hope it doesn't happen Hopefully this isn't hint hinting that she's taking place. I saw Karina tweet Johnny Weir and asking him if he had any plans to do the show this season; that was another rumored duo back a couple of seasons ago, and that's another one I hope doesn't happen. Johnny/Karina, Leann/Benji... I'll pass on both.

Louis tweeted he'll be finding out this weekend whether he's on next season. With about 2 weeks left until the cast announcement, we might start hearing more rumors of who's on and what pros are returning-unless the show really did put a strong lid on things so people will tune in. Also per his tweet he said we'll find out the cast March 7th (he said 3rd, but I'm guessing he meant the 7th since he said whatever the Monday is). So it looks like ABC will drag it out another week to reveal who's partnered with who.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-15-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Wendy Williams to Join ‘Dancing With the Stars’ | Entertainment Spotlight | BET.com

Wendy’s pulling out her dancing shoes! The daytime talk-show diva is reportedly putting The Wendy Williams Show on hiatus next month to two-step on the next season of Dancing With the Stars.

In the past, Wendy has throw criticism at contestants on the show–specifically Kate Gosselin who the TV host said “dances awkward and horrible”–so it’ll be interesting to see how she fares when she’s the one standing in front of the judging table. I’m not sure if she can actually bust a move or not, but it’ll definitely be entertaining to watch her try. If anything, you know she’ll turn out those sparkly costumes!

After ruling the radio, Wendy’s really making her TV rounds. In addition to her show and new dancing gig, she’s also hosting a new GSN show Love Triangle which she tapes in L.A. on weekends. Get it!

The complete cast for the 12th installment of Dancing with the Stars will be announced Feb. 28. The show debuts March 21.
    I don't know how accurate this is (I read a funny article about easy DWTS rumors start from an opinion to being proclaimed as fact), but I'd love to see Wendy. She'd be a lot of fun, and would definitely provide Joel McHale some good moments to use on The Soup. She's almost 6 foot, so she'd probably be a Tony/Maks/Dmitry/Jonathan partner, depending who's back.

As was already posted in the media thread, Louis and Lacey have confirmed that they're back, and Cheryl has since tweeted she will be returning and meeting her partner in a few days. The pros were supposed to find out this weekend, or at least start finding out. So hopefully we get some cast spoilers since they'll be meeting before the announcement, but it seems like they're making things a lot closer this year in terms of the pairing up and reveal. We know Derek is out, but no one else has officially come out and said they aren't returning. I'm still skeptical about Maks () Has anyone heard how many couples they're having this season? Louis tweeted something about changes (probably gimmicks) to the season he hoped everyone liked, but there's really been nothing said about the new season. They've really kept a tight lid on who's being cast (barely any rumors) or anything else. Jennifer Beals reportedly turned them down, as did Al Sharpton. I could care less about Jennifer, but I'm glad we won't be seeing the Reverand on. Even though he might be somewhat entertaining. I don't think I've ever seen him smile.

The only cast rumors I've heard have been the poker player Phil (?), started by him (then denied by him), Kendra Baskett, Ozzy Osbourne's former drummer, a former As the World Turns soap star, Wendy Williams, Brett Favre (which I'm thinking is no where near being true), and Lorenzo Lamas.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    \With Miss America being back on ABC, some people are wondering if any former titleholders might show up on the roster. .... I can't really recall any Miss America's who've gone on to have well established entertainment careers, besides dethroned beauty queen Vanessa Williams.
    A few more talented former Miss America's: (I looked it up on wiki...)
    Lee Meriweather (1955) - actress, Catwoman on Batman in the 60's & Barnaby Jones, 1973-80.
    Mary Ann Mobley (1959) - actress, couple of Elvis movies, lots of guest-starring spots & game show appearances. Married to actor Gary Collins.
    Phyllis George (1971) - anchor on CBS's NFL Today and CBS's The Early Show; also the former 1st Lady of Kentucky.
    Susan Powell (1981) - New York City Opera singer; TV hostess (9 years) on The Discovery Channel's "Home Matters"
    Gretchen Carlson (1989) - co-anchor on FOX & Friends (FOX News morning show)
    Leanza Cornett (1993) - former host & reporter on Entertainment Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't know about Lorenzo Lamas. I would never be able to get that horrid pointer he used on Are You Hot? out of my head. What a pig.
    Except, "Are You Hot?" was produced by The Bachelor's Executive Producer, Mike Fleiss. (And how many former Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants have been on DWTS??? Lorenzo & Fleiss are still friends. That's how Shayne Lamas got on The Bachelor) Sadly, Fleiss has pull with DWTS because he can give them contestants that are competitive. Maybe Bruno can use the pointer on Lorenzo!

Don't want to see wrestling diva, Maria Kanellis. The only things she's ever done on TV are scripted reality shows -- starting with dating show "Outback Jack" (TBS 2004), then wrestling, then Celebrity Apprentice. ABC usually doesn't like to promote known people from other networks -- unless they are very well known (like Kate Gosselin).

I'd be really surprised to see Brett Favre. Sadly, I think there may be a Lohan, probably Dina. She can't resist the attention or the money. Wendy Williams would be, at least, entertaining ... or just funny. Since she's 5'11", wouldn't she get Maks as a partner? Always the rumor of a Hogan (Hulk or his daughter).

Many contestants are getting $200K to appear on the show -- no matter when they get voted off -- with a bonus for getting in the final 4, final 3, final 2, & champion. Pretty enticing if you need the exposure or the money!

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    Saw article about Cheryl in People magazine. Although she has become somewhat boring on the dance floor, I have a lot of respect for her. If both Maks and Derek are out she might shine like the early years. By now she is probably more "famous" that most of the "stars" on DWTS.

I've only seen a few minutes of The Bachelor this season (guy creeps me out) but enough to report that the only interesting person is the designated crazy bachelorette. She was ousted last night, so doubtful that ABC would try to crossover someone that finish 5th. I predict we are safe from TB crossovers unless something crazy happens.
    F3 girl has a dance background - and there's been tons of dancing references this season.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

'DWTS' buzz: Chris Jericho in? Jennifer Beals out! - USATODAY.com

Some more scoop:

'DWTS' buzz: Chris Jericho in? Jennifer Beals out!

Dancing With The Stars rumor bubbling up today: World Wrestling Entertainment star Chris Jericho will compete in the new season, starting March 21. We'll find out if the buzz is true when ABC announces the complete cast list on Monday during The Bachelor.

One thing is certain: Flashdance star Jennifer Beals will not be following in Jennifer Grey's Dancing footsteps. "I am not a dancer," Beals recently told People.com. "They asked me and I said 'No.' You could back up a truck to my door filled with cash and I wouldn't do it."
    On the pro front, still no word from anyone else besides Derek, Louis, Lacey, and Cheryl that they're either in or out. Karina tweeted yesterday she still didn't know, but she may and is just not saying.

RE: Lorenzo. He's friends with Lacey, IIRC, and has been seen at the Ballroom with a Twist shows that the DWTS pros put on. He's said in the past he wants to do the show, so I'd say he's probably a more legit spoiler. I had no idea Fleiss produced 'Are You Hot' but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I don't know if he'd have any pull to get Lorenzo on. While I've learned no one should ever be counted out (or in) on doing well, I don't know that I'd see Lorenzo getting very far.

In regards to the Bachelor and any potential crossovers, while I don't watch the show, I haven't heard a lot about this season, except for Brad. I know there was the girl with the fangs, the crazy bachelorette lady, and the one with the emotional backstory who lost her fiance in a plane crash. I don't know if we'll be getting any crossovers, but hopefully not.

+ Reply to Thread