+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

"A major TV part"? Isn't it a one-time guest shot? It's not the kind of thing to make one quit his first job over. Also, I could see him quitting if he was moving to England, but she's moving to LA where DWTS tapes...

When the writer is too lazy to describe the source as something more specific than "a friend", I take it with a wheelbarrow of salt.

He could just as easily go to the producers and request a 'loser' celebrity, and still get paychecks and dance & choreograph every few weeks after he's eliminated.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 01-23-2011 at 09:24 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4159862;
    "A major TV part"? Isn't it a one-time guest shot? It's not the kind of thing to make one quit his first job over. Also, I could see him quitting if he was moving to England, but she's moving to LA where DWTS tapes...

When the writer is too lazy to describe the source as something more specific than "a friend", I take it with a wheelbarrow of salt.

He could just as easily go to the producers and request a 'loser' celebrity, and still get paychecks and dance & choreograph every few weeks after he's eliminated.
    I missed that line, but the role itself should have given them the hint it's not exactly a major recurring role Of course all they needed to do was google it themselves. I know I'm not that lucky to lose Derek for a season, so while I won't be 100% surprised if he did take the season off, odds are he'll be back. I'd much rather keep Derek and lose Mark, Cheryl, Lacey, and Karina. Those 4 do nothing for me. Of course, it's always the pros I love who leave

Since most of the pros have been at this every season, or close to it, since season 2, 3, and 5, I have to wonder if the day will come when they finally want a break. I wouldn't be shocked if the show substitutes in one or two newbies/returnees this season. If ABC has loose lips, we'll probably start hearing buzz in the next few weeks what celebs might potentially be signed on, and what pros won't be back (as those ones alway give it away).

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4160335;
    Since most of the pros have been at this every season, or close to it, since season 2, 3, and 5, I have to wonder if the day will come when they finally want a break. I wouldn't be shocked if the show substitutes in one or two newbies/returnees this season. If ABC has loose lips, we'll probably start hearing buzz in the next few weeks what celebs might potentially be signed on, and what pros won't be back (as those ones alway give it away).
    I wonder about that too, but I guess the flip side of that is, as they get older, are there more lucrative offers out there for them than DWTS? The Ballases and Houghs have their music careers, and Maks' smouldering sumthin'-sumthin' is taking him places too. But I don't know if these kinds of breakout opportunities are out there for all of them. (I hope so, of course) If some of them think that this is the last dance job they'll ever have, I can see them hanging on and coming back each season.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Derek tweeted something about a project he and Julianne have coming up in Hong Kong. So it may not have to do with Cheryl Cole, but maybe he will be sitting this season out for other reasons I highly doubt Julianne will ever return as a pro, unless the show blackmails her into it or Derek does enough begging. Since the couples traditionally start practicing in late February, that's why I'm wondering if this project may cut it close. Another reason I wonder if Maks will be out due to his bachelor commitments, unless their bachelor is like ours and he can't see his chosen one until the show airs. So he might have 3 months to kill I haven't heard one way or the other any pros who've said they wouldn't be back.

DWTS is probably the best gig these pros have ever gotten, and since many of them have stuck with it since the beginning, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised they're still here as long as the show will have them. They've really built up respective fan bases, and while I don't think the show would live or die with or without certain pros, it might be a turn off to do a complete revamp. I'm just surprised it hasn't gotten old to do this twice a year, and if some of the long time pros figure they'll never get the trophy or always be saddled with partners that are early exits and ridiculed by the judges, they might decide to call it quits (assuming they care enough about winning that is). Who knows how much longevity the show has in it, so maybe they'll wait for the day it gets cancelled or the show moves them aside for newer faces. I have a feeling this season we might see several new faces and returnees from previous ones.

Kara,

Are w losing Derek this season?

PLease say it is isn't so!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4165276;
    Kara,

Are w losing Derek this season?

PLease say it is isn't so!!
    At this point, nothing is official. He hasn't said anything about returning or not. A paper in the UK reported he's leaving the show to spend more time with his girlfriend, Cheryl Cole (this same paper also said he was leaving last season to join Strictly Come Dancing; and leaving to join the US version of the X Factor this coming summer). Derek and Julianne have both tweeted about an upcoming project that they're doing together in Hong Kong. I don't know what it is, or when/how long it's going to take. But since the couples usually start meeting at the end of Feb., unless the show changes it, it might cut it close depending on what he's doing, if he's returning. I'm more worried about Maks not returning I don't mind Derek sticking around, I just hope he finally gets a partner that is eliminated before the half way point and that the judges can't side step any flaws that they might have.

Thanks for the clarification, then.
    I still have hope.

And, I do hope Maks returns for you.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4165405;
    Thanks for the clarification, then.
    I still have hope.

And, I do hope Maks returns for you.
    Thanks For that, I'll hope Derek returns for you-as long as someone else (not Mark, Corky-god forbid he's back-, Lacey or Karina) wins. I really don't mind watching Derek. Most of what I don't like is the show's fault anyway, and he really toned down his mugging and antics last season to where I could stand watching him after he danced (I think Jennifer did enough for the both of them). Anyway, Louis tweeted the pros start finding out Feb. 18th who is coming back. So probably around that time frame we'll hear who definitely isn't, and hints dropped at who is (if they're not allowed to come right out and tell). ET reportedly says Cheryl is returning, which isn't a surprise, if true.

Thanks, Kara.

As far as Cheryl, I've just never been a big fan of hers. All her dances seem more to showcase her and, if it's a hot guy, they're guaranteed to be shirtless. Just too gimmicky for me. I really didn't need to see Rick shirtless this season - not his most attractive look, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4167384;
    Thanks, Kara.

As far as Cheryl, I've just never been a big fan of hers. All her dances seem more to showcase her and, if it's a hot guy, they're guaranteed to be shirtless. Just too gimmicky for me. I really didn't need to see Rick shirtless this season - not his most attractive look, IMO.
    I used to be, but not as much anymore. And Rick shirtless Gilles yes, but he's a rarity. Rick was creepy enough without being shirtless. Cheryl seems to have a bit of an attitude when she gets someone that really makes her have to work and that has no hope of going far. I do realize it has to be hard working with people who either aren't listening and trying or that you can't stand looking at. But Tony managed to endure Kate, so it can be done Rick was the most overrated (besides Bristol) contestant last season. She should feel lucky she's gotten such a good selection of partners in the past, considering several where complete unknowns. Her choreography bores me, just like you said. I really hope, if Chelsie's back this season, she gets someone who can really let her shine. I think she's got so much more to show than she's been able to. To anyone watching The Bachelor, anyone strike you that might be a potential cross over this season? I'm really hoping not, but this is ABC we're taking about. I'm actually worrying whetherr the lack of rumors so far is a good or a bad thing.

+ Reply to Thread